It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Is it all in my head?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:02 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been tapering off and now I'm down to cutting a 2mg strip in fours and taking half of 1/4... So is that .25? Not good at the mg just know that slowly but surely I'm getting there!! I have been really great at telling myself that the wd symptoms are in my head.. Cramping, not sleeping, sweating, eeby jeebeezes in my arms and saying its all in my head its all in my head!! Lol.. I mean at that point I know the truth but it did help me get thru the head withdrawals!! Amazing that our thoughts can actually send us into withdrawal symptoms!! Anyway, at this low dose I am really starting to wonder, is it in my head? I just got comfortable on this dose.. Comfortable but not wonderful. Nothing worst than waking up and seeing 2am on the clock and being wide awake!! I am at my .25 and finally able to leave my strips in the car and only bring 1/2 into work with me.. I don't take it but scared of what my brain will tell me the second I don't have it close!! I guess I am asking a couple things tho its hard to tell as my post runs all over the place like a story written by a child with severe ADHD!!! It's very true when they say ur concentration is interrupted to say the least!! Lol... In summary,
Do I jump from here, skip days, or drop more?
Am I correct with the amount I say I am taking? .25 mg?
Thank you for this forum.. When I first started to taper it was very hard because I was telling myself how bad it was that I ever started. These negative thoughts actually made it harder to taper down! After reading stories, comments, and hearing that it was the quality of life I had chose when starting subs it allowed me to go at my own pace and feel good about it!! Thanks for listening and I wish everyone a strong healthy life!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Charley...

I can relate to everything you are saying. I am in a very similar place to you with my taper. And by the way, you are correct about the Mg's. 1/8 of a 2mg strip is .25mg. I am currently just above you at .37mg. It's ALOT of mental combined with a bit of physical. I have found that attitude and positive thinking is the best thing for me. Well, combined with a bit of stubborness and some wanting to make everyone that has doubted me shove it up their...well, you know the rest.

As for where to go from here? I'm not completely sure. My doctor wants me to jump from .25mg. But, I plan on taking it just a bit slower. Maybe go from .25 a day to skipping days...or maybe I'll try to jump at .25 and know that I have a bit of sub left just in case the WD does kick in and make it hard on me. I'm not sure....I think mostly you should just do whatever you are comfortable with. Really, I think for me the fear of the actual jump is going to be worse than doing it. I'm sure you understand. But we are probably building it up and making it seem worse than it will be. How bout this...you go first then let me know how it is? LOL...just kidding, kind of. :wink:

Just stay strong, and remember if you have a bad day don't be afraid to talk it out with someone. I have recently learned that that ACTUALLY helps! Who knew?