It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: We all have a story
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I wanted to share this story with my friends here especially around the Holidays.

Last week before the weather got so darned cold, I went out in my motorized chair(Yeah, the one that tried to eat my leg). I had counseling and on my way back home, I decided to take another route so I could go to the fish market. I had been craving fish for a while. I figured why not?

I'm in the Market and a lady approaches me and says " I'm so sorry you are in that chair. I am blessed because I can walk" I said "yes. you are blessed. I am an amputee and I miss walking very much but I make the best of it. She said" Here, let me pay for your fish" and put a $20. bill in my hand. I said "Oh no, please. I was only buying one fish for myself and it's just $3.75." She smiled at me and walked away out of the store before I could give it back to her.

On the way home I kept thinking "Wow, we all have our story in life. Lord knows what is going on in her life that made her do that."

So, you see, we all have a story. You, me and the lady in the fish Market

Have a wonderful Holiday and don't give up the fight. Don't let anything tempt you. The holidays will be over but we must go on to new year of sobriety. I love you all so very much. Special note to Hat. I know you recently lost someone so I want for you a peaceful & pain free holiday. Bless you & thank you for your unending concern for all of us.

Love & hope, Queenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thank you so much for sharing this with us Q and I wish you the same have a great holiday and I say a prayer for you every night for your leg to get better. And I hope I’m not out of line but HAT I’m very sorry to hear you’re lost and may god be with you and your family at this difficult time.

I really like this thread because everyone has a story a reason to do something kind for others or whatever it may be. I’d like to share my story of late with all you guys as you know I have a serious knee injury and had to increase my dose back up to 24 mgs with the cold weather. And I have been really down lately I just can’t explain how upsetting it is to not be able to be out playing in the snow with my gurls little brother and my cousins. I love kids but my knee is very unstable on the snow and gives out really easy. Now when I say gives out my whole knee literally pops out of the joint and I have to pop it back in and the pain is so bad. And I find myself thinking out of my zone a lot lately and I’m having thoughts that I haven’t had since my using days which scares me so much. And my therapist is out of town the NA groups around hear all hate SUBOXONE and there’s only so much you want to tell the people close to you knowing how scared they will get if they knew OXY was on my mind. So I bring this to the only other people I know that I can trust and know are hear for me no matter how hard times get. I guess this belongs in the trigger and holiday thread cause I think that’s what’s really doing it. Being out xmas shopping everyone is having a great time why I’m stuck limping along in so much pain to buy gifts for people I love so much. This is supposed to be a fun thing but for me it’s a painful thing. And I don’t know how to say it other than I just want to cry to god asking why am I going through this. I’m long past feeling sorry for myself but I just need to get this off my chest today. I guess cause I’m in really serious pain today yesterday I went to cut down a xmas tree with my mom it’s a tradition well she didn’t see but my knee gave out while looking for a tree but with it suppose to be a fun day I didn’t want to birding her with this. And I guess this just made these felling all the worst cause I know I’ll be in pain for my family parties and my gf family party. And a huge trigger for me is booze alcoholism runs in my family and when I was using I was close to a alcoholic and I know when I see every one drinking having fun im goanna want to run and hide instead of enjoying myself.

Im sorry ill shut up I just had to get this off my chest to someone and you guys I can trust.

Post subject: The holidays
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh Bboy, how sorry I am that you are going through this. Please don't let the holidays ruin what you have struggled so hard for. Please know that I will in turn say a paryer for you too. Maybe we acn help each other. Write to me when you feel like that. You know I don't mind. I'm here.

Before you know it the holidays will be over. Everyone will go back to the routines and daily life they have and so will we. Even the lady that paid for my fish will go back to her everyday life after the decorations come down. We don't want to come out of the holidays with problems. So be careful of those triggers.

Remember the love you have for your girls and that will help you. I don't want to dissapoint my family either.

Keep writing to me, o.k.? Queenie is here anytime.

Hugs to you my friend

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Re: The holidays
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

queenie1959 wrote:
Oh Bboy, how sorry I am that you are going through this. Please don't let the holidays ruin what you have struggled so hard for. Please know that I will in turn say a paryer for you too. Maybe we acn help each other. Write to me when you feel like that. You know I don't mind. I'm here.

Before you know it the holidays will be over. Everyone will go back to the routines and daily life they have and so will we. Even the lady that paid for my fish will go back to her everyday life after the decorations come down. We don't want to come out of the holidays with problems. So be careful of those triggers.

Remember the love you have for your girls and that will help you. I don't want to dissapoint my family either.

Keep writing to me, o.k.? Queenie is here anytime.

Hugs to you my friend

Thank you so much for the kind words and support PM coming your way!