It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hello to my favorite website! I will tell you, I wouldn't of even attempted to get on Sub's without you all's input and experiences to hear about. I told my doctor that this website to me, knows more than any doctor, as far as the personal experiences. When I ask the doc about something, he is really good at telling me what he has heard from other patients, but there is something really great to have peers to talk to that are going through it, so thank you all..
ANYWAY, I have been really tired. The first week, I felt like my brain was complete mush. When I would have a moment that I had to think about something, I would literally try to pull the info from my brain, and it wouldn't work. This still happens but not as bad, for sure.. BUT, I have been sleeping like I was on the Oxy's. The first day with the induction at the doctors office, I was so excited when they got the dose right in the office, it took away the withdrawl symptoms, and it didn't give me any side effects. I left there thinking this is great, I feel like my brain is back, and I am not sick from being off the Oxy's. Then within the week, I could feel myself getting tired. Now, I am sleeping a lot again.. The doctor said my body has gone through a lot, and this to shall pass, but what about others? Has anyone had the sleepy side effects and if so, does it go away at some point? I truly want to feel normal again. Normal energy, and no fog brain at all. I hope I am not asking to much out of this medication..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:53 pm 
For me, in the beginning i went through many different stages. Sick as hell to having headaches to feeling weird mentally but it did eventually get better. The med workd great in the beginning also but now, im not so sure. Its not treating me too well anymore. But its also been 20 months that i've been taking it. It used to give me 110% relief. Now i get relief if im lucky. Mostly just tired feeling and kinda blah. This is only my experience so take it for what its worth. Im just having another bad day. I've had nothing but bad days for quite some time now. It was every now and then but now its all the freakin time. peace

Post subject: sleepy
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:01 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i just started subs a couple weeks ago, and then my husband started a week later. both of us have been tired. granted, we have an assload of stress in our life right now, so that may be adding to it...my husband describes having almost oxy-like nods while he's at work. i haven't been as tired as him, but i definately notice days where i feel like i could sleep all day. when i was reading up on suboxone, drowsiness was the number one side effect that i found in a few different resources...i say hang in there and see if it gets better, that's what we're doing. good luck!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:24 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sleepiness could also be a sign that one is on too high a dose of sub. Many people got relief from that side effect by reducing their dose. It's worth considering.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:40 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I did a post about this some time ago. It seems like a group of people suffer from this, and I'm one of them, and the rest don't have any issues at all. There's also those who seem to not be able to sleep on the stuff.

For me the main problem is waking up in the morning. After I'm awake and have a coffee, finished my shower with a spray of cold, I'm good to go. Making sure I don't press the snooze button 40 times is a struggle however.

Maybe you're on too high a dose and you're getting a little bit nodded out on subox which is a pleasant feeling tiredness. Maybe you're on not enough subox and you're suffering the hanging-out-for-suboxone-lethargy, which is kinda like "i can't be fucked doing anything and this is a bit uncomfortable". Maybe you've come out of addiction with a liver issue? Hell, I dunno. My tiredness has been put down to all of those things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:50 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PS: Horselover, with your signature. Wouldn't it be best to just walk down the mountain the way you came? Sounds the safest way to me.

Also, your name is very interesting... :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:34 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been on suboxone for three weeks now and in the last week I have noticed that I am much more tired/worn out. I have a really hard time in the mornings, waking up and and staying awake if I sit down for any length of time. I think I am going to talk to my doc about decreasing my dose at my next appointment. I had actually come on the forum this morning to see if anyone else was experiencing this tiredness!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi mamasita,

You are definitely not the only one who has gotten sleepy on suboxone. You're smart to discuss it lowering your dose with your doctor. Often that does the trick. May I ask, what dose are you on now? Also, if for whatever reason you stay at your current dose, you could always try taking your sub at night instead of in the morning. Maybe that will help.

Let us know what the doctor says. I hope this can be taken care of soon for you.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: Feeling Tired
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:03 pm 

I too feel tired on it but only when I am relaxing. If I keep busy, I'm fine. But like you, if I relax a little bit I start to feel really sleepy.

Told my doctors nurse that and she said Sub didn't do that. Hmmm, I think I'll believe what I read from all the posters here who back up my claim.

I am decreasing my dosage and it's helping, some. Most likely I'll feel much better at 4mgs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Being sleepy while on suboxone is pretty common. I used to go to bed before my daughter, her bedtime was 9pm!! If sleeping were an olympic sport, I would have consistently gotten the Gold.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:08 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I absolutely agree with Romeo on taking the Gold, Silver, and Bronze if Sleeping were a sport. I am the father of 5 and work in the sales profession. I do my best when I am busy making sales calls and jumping in and out of my car. However, if I am in a Day Long Sales Type Meeting... I can hardly keep my eyes open. Just last month I snapped my head off the wall when I fell a sleep in a Power Point Presentation. I drew a long unpleasant stare from my boss... and he jokingly charged me $5 for falling asleep in our meeting. This has happened a lot lately... I will be watching a presentation and close my eyes only to drift into the deepest state of unconsiousness! I have been on Suboxone for about 18 months and i have noticed that i can sleep almost anywhere at anytime these days. My wife has noticed it on the weekends that lately I have been sleeping those away as well. I am going to try to back down on my 16 mg dose per day to see if that will make a change. I will let everyone know if anything positive comes from this. The other side effect is constipation... for that, i will usually just stop taking my dose for a couple of days until my body can regulate itself again. I can't wait to be off Suboxone altogether! That day cannot come soon enough... but I do fear withdrawal and then I would fear fighting off thoughts of a "Chocolate Cake with 50 Vicodin Shoved into the Icing for decorations" type of thoughts!!! it Sucks being an addict and I still have a long way to go... I am with all of you who battle the "Snooze Genie!"

Post subject: Sleepiness problems
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:13 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I was very tired too. My dr. Said he doubted that it was the subs. I had to drink coffee all day to keep going. It was like I felt good after taking it, but then later I could fall asleep behind the wheel. I even went for a sleep study. I started cpap machine for mild sleep apnea and that really helped. I was actually coherent when my clock would go off. My dose was 2 mg and less, depending how I cut the film.