It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:32 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Just wanted to pop in here and say how inspired I am by this thread!! I'm glad to hear your doing SO Well!!! That's AWESOME! Makes me want to keep pushing on!! Thanks so much for sharing this!

"At first they will ask you why you are doing it? Then they'll ask you how you did it" :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:29 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thank you for that. Life is getting better every day. Good luck to you. Stay strong, it does get easier.

@hOpe,

great to hear from you my friend, we're well on our way to a clean life again, what a great feeling. No need to count the days anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good to hear from you, Gary. Glad you're doing well. How's the sleep? Has the weather improved any yet?

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:42 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

hey Romeo,
The sleep is maybe getting better. I usually get around 4 hours and can sometimes nod off for a bit if I stay in bed. Other than that I don't have that heavy feeling in my chest and feel pretty comfortable otherwise. The sleep thing is probably going to take some time but I'm ok with it as long as I get 4 hours minimum.

The weather is finally starting to turn for the better. This week we are getting some sun and in the high 50's which is a huge change from what we were getting. A little rain here and there but it is SPRING, finally.

We have another hockey tournament this weekend and am going to stay in a hotel with the family. This time it won't be a problem. Looking forward to it. The last one of the season.

Good to hear from you,

Gary

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:33 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back from a 4 day out of town hockey tournament with my grandson. What a blast. Felt great the whole time. It was such a good feeling to inter act with all the kids and parents at the hotel and arena. Every day I feel I'm getting back my energy and couldn't wait get to the rink. Sleeping still isn't the greatest but I get enough to feel good and enjoy life again.
Anyone who reads this should know if you made the choice to get off Suboxone that it is possible to do so.

Best of luck to everyone on this forum and thanks for all your support.

Gary

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:25 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm thinking today is day 65 for you? You've come a long way in a short time, man. Must be all that good Canadian bag milk!!!

Stay strong and stay clean.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:49 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

So proud of you! You're my inspiration and I hope to be able to do the same someday. :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:48 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thank you all for the positive support I have had along the way. I don't think I could have done this without it.
Can you believe we got snow again yesterday. The day before it was in the mid 60's.

@Romeo,
you know your going to open up another can of worms with the bag milk, lol.

I'm either on day 67 or 68. Many more to come. :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:56 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Just read you're very inspiring journey. I'm so glad to see the sleep finally comes back. I'm only on day 8 off sub ( jumped from.25mg) nothing like your 1, but the no sleeping part is the only thing left for me. Hoping it comes back a little faster than yours though lol. Anyway glad I found this site, such a good story.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:44 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks for that Prozak, hang in there and stay strong. The main thing is to stay positive even though you may have some bad days. Eventually life will get easier. Good luck to you.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

How's your sleep or over-all rate of comfort?
Your on day 60-70??

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:48 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey tiredofsuboxone,

My sleep is ok, I am getting anywhere from 4-6 hours. Looking back I was never a great sleeper. The only difference was I had no problem falling asleep at the drop of a dime. Other than that my energy is probably at about 75% on most days. I got a little lazy with the brutal winter we had but when it's nice out I'm starting to get motivated to get outside and start doing things again. Mentally I'm feeling good. I have the odd day when I'm really tired but overall I'm doing fine.

The warmer weather is finally starting and look forward to getting out and enjoy life.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14