It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:32 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Welcome to the forum Targaryendragon,

I'm doing good, so, what's your story. Day 39 without Suboxone. It seems like day 99, lol. If your on Suboxone, good for you, it can save your life. If your ready to get off, that's good too. Either way, welcome.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Gary,

I'm just getting caught up on your progress after being away for a bit. If I didn't know any better I would swear that you infected me with your germs all the way from Canada! I've been sick as a dog! My voice went completely out, couldn't talk for several days, and all the other junk that comes with it. BLAH!!!! I hate these spring colds!

Good to see that you are hanging in there!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:09 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi Q,
I'm sorry you got sick. I've been blamed for passing this cold off to a lot of the hockey parents. :)
It definitely zaps your energy along with this dry hacking cough and head cold. I still have the cough.

I think I'm at day 41. This week I have noticed a big improvement. I seem to be getting a little more energy and am getting up to 5 hours sleep. I noticed when I get very little sleep I feel like crap all day so it's been nice to get some rest. I am still taking a clonidine at night to help me fall a sleep. I'm hoping soon to stop taking that too.

It's good to hear from you and I hope your feeling better soon. This weather doesn't help. We still are getting some cold weather here. We need the spring temperatures before we go crazy. :)

Take care,
Gary

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:53 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Qhorse said, "My voice went completely out, couldn't talk for several days...", wow, your husband is so lucky, he didn't have to listen to yer bitchin' and moanin' for several days. :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh, and @Romeo,I don't know what you are talking about. I never yell and bitch and my husband....unless he deserves it! And when I am forced to he bows to my superior female intelligence because I am always right. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:45 pm 

It's funny, over on this other forum I'm on called "Annoying Husbands", a woman named "Romeo's Wife" is always complaining about her husband bitching and moaning. She said it's like listening to a 12 year old girl.

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's not fair to gang up on me.....not fair!! Dealing with one of you nuts at a time is hard enough, let alone both y'all!! :D

Gary, I'm glad you're getting some decent sleep. Do you read Q's or Amy's posts to help knock you out? HA!!! (uh oh, I'm in serious trouble now, aren't I? Meh, it's ok, it was worth it!!)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:26 pm 

Perhaps you should not start things you are not prepared to finish. Hmmmm?

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sage advice if I've ever heard, but I think I'll choose to ignore it, for now. I'm feeling dangerous. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:16 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Gary
I pray your on track man. Your doing so fucking well. god bless

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:31 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Day 45 - Feeling pretty good, sleep is the only issue. Still need to take a clonidine at night to fall asleep. I've tried without it but can't doze off. Still getting 3 hours solid but I'm able to fall back to sleep on and off for a few more hours.
I guess after 35+ years of abuse it may take a while. Other than that I can't wait for spring weather.

@hOpe,

Good to hear from you my friend, I'm still on track. There is no turning back. Looking forward to the warmer weather and getting my bike out. The last couple of weeks I've noticed a big improvement. Keep in touch.

@Romeo,

Be careful, Qhorsegal and Amy are all over you. Wish I could help but sometimes I know when to stay out of it. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:04 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Day 8 off Suboxone after using it for over five years (In the beginning my dose was 20mg/day, dropped it slowly over the years and in the last month jumped from 4mg to 0). This is hell but at least I feel alive after so many years :D Buprenorphine saved my life but it also made me very passive. Now I hope life will feel different for me after being totally numb for five years. I hope all the best luck for all of you who are trying to get rid of opiates. My thoughts are with you

What has helped you while detoxing from opiates?

I have used Propral and some mild Oxamin (15-30mg). For sleep melatonin, Ataracks or Mirtatzepin if necessary.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:09 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

@luckyme,

For me clonidine has been the most helpful. I still have a problem getting and staying asleep but this has been a lifesaver for me. After so many years of abuse I know it will take time for my sleep to get back to normal.
I tried a few sleeping aides but none were any better than clonidine. I still take melatonin and passion flower. Not too sure if they are helping me but for now that's the root I'm taking. Exercise and a healthy diet are probably the best way combat PAWS.
Hang in there as it will only get better for you with time.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

iwilldothis wrote:
Day 45 - Feeling pretty good, sleep is the only issue. Still need to take a clonidine at night to fall asleep. I've tried without it but can't doze off. Still getting 3 hours solid but I'm able to fall back to sleep on and off for a few more hours.
I guess after 35+ years of abuse it may take a while. Other than that I can't wait for spring weather.

When you're ready, try listening to music on very low through an ipod. I used a benzo during the first couple weeks of jumping and thought I'd never get to sleep on my own without them. I was surprised at how well a hot bath and some mellow music worked in place of the meds. Clonidine is not as risky as a benzo, so you're fine.. but don't underestimate your body's ability to get back on track.. especially with a little soothing help.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo wrote:
That's not fair to gang up on me.....not fair!! Dealing with one of you nuts at a time is hard enough, let alone both y'all!! :D

I'd jump in here too, but I think they've got it covered all on there own. I'll spare you the wrath of all three of us. Not sure you could handle it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:28 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks for that tinydancer,
I figured clonidine was a lesser evil than benzo's for now. Actually last night I fell asleep on my own. It took a couple of hours to fall asleep but I eventuaIly did. Even if it was for only a few hours of solid sleep, I still laid there and relaxed for a few more hours. I do listen to music a lot with headphones but I probably listen with the volume a little high :)

I'm definitly starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, what an awesome feeling.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm glad you're seeing light at the end of the tunnel, that's great!! Hopefully as some warmer weather rolls in, that'll kick in some feel good for ya, too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:08 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Gary,
That is such great news to hear my friend. Now if Winter would lessen it's grip I think we would all do a bit better. We just got hit with another round of bitter cold and just missed out on the snow. I won;t complain too much though, there has been some times of decent weather. I grass is starting to turn green, but that just means I'll have to cut it :(

You still have any negative effects from your cold?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:27 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey friends,
I've been doing pretty good. Been busy with the kids being around a lot lately. Also tons of hockey with my grandkids. We finally have some decent weather. The last couple of days have been nice. Just got my bike back on the rode and it feels great. My sleep has been slowly getting better. Still have trouble falling a sleep but at least I can sleep.

Heading out for a nice long ride and am going to enjoy it while it lasts.

My cold is almost gone. Just some lingering effects from the cough that just won't seem to move on. But it's much better.

Take care and will talk to you later.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:52 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

We fucking did it bro! I'm so happy for you !

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next