It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:57 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I remember day 6 out of treatment.I couldn't sit still but it was the anxiety.
What I do not like about opiate withdrawal is the anxiety part.Watching a video on it helped but I forgot anxiety is part of the withdrawal part of opiates.I think keeping this in mind helps keep anxiety level down.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:07 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

@Reprieve--no skiing? Dang, I was hoping to hear some funny stories about you and a chair lift. :D Glad you had a good time on your trip.

@Gary, I hope the Clonidine does the trick for you. A few more good nights sleep would do you good.

@hope, I don't think people who stay on Suboxone are cowards, I think they're trying to treat their addiction and they're just not ready to live without the net. I stayed on Suboxone for 3 years and needed that time to get to the point where I felt ready to quit. I think everyone reaches that point in different time scales. Some decide to stay on it very long term, and that's cool too. We do what works for each of us.

@tiredofsuboxone, I kept my anxiety down by doing the exact same thing you're doing. Understanding it's part of the wd process helped me deal with it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:47 pm 

h0pe wrote:
Life is possible after bupe! Anyone who doesn't believe this is a coward. If your too afraid to quit your a coward. There's no long term psychological problems from bupe. I've read the stories and they're all bullshit. Wean down and jump, find out for yourself. I'm 50 days off or something and I feel normal. Quit worrying about it

Hi h0pe. I recognize that you are most likely trying to inspire people to not let their fear stop them from getting off suboxone. I also know from friends who have gotten off sub that right now your attitude toward sub is not great. Please recognize, though, that you are calling a bunch of members that you don't know cowards. You do not walk in their shoes, you don't know their situations. You only know yours. You are welcome to your opinion, but if it involves name calling, please keep it in your own head or in PMs to receptive members. We strive to keep this forum a friendly place! That's why you have been welcomed and encouraged since you got here.

Thanks!

Amy

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:31 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Romeo, I didn't say people are cowards for taking suboxone. I said your a coward for being too fearful of quitting. I read what I wrote and I can see how it could have been taken that way. My bad bro, didn't mean to sound like a dick. I just hate seeing people worrying because of four letters. PAWS. Thanks for the honesty, I have to admit I was feeling edgy when I wrote that.
@Amy, thanks for the honesty. I agree with everything you said . TC

Keep it up gary. Isn't it amazing how far we've come? I just bought a new car today. They extra money I have went towards a car haha. I hope it isn't a money pit. I bought a '09 Pontiac g8 gxp. Had to drive down to GA to get it. I'll upload a pic :D .. I'm really proud of you man.

Attachments:
blue.jpg
blue.jpg [ 166.98 KiB | Viewed 670 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

SOB Hope, doesn't that car have a Corvette engine? WOWZERS!!! Would it have been too much to ask for you to swing through Ky on the way back and take me for a ride in that beast? 8)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:42 pm 

Nice Ride!!!

And thanks for being open to my comments!

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:06 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

hOpe,

That's a gorgeous car brother. What a clean, sporty looking ride. Now all we need is the spring to get rid of all this snow. Nothing like a new toy to lift our spirits.
My energy is coming back slowly but sleeping still sucks. I know it's all part of the process and will eventually come back. The good thing is I think this chest cold is finally starting to break up. It's definitly slowed me down.
Enjoy your new car, it's a beauty.

Gary

hey Reprieve,
Just wondering how your doing. I know it can get hectic after being on holidays. Hope everything is good for you.

Romeo and Amy,
I just put to a friend having a bad day. All of his post have been so positive and helpful to me that one post that could and was taken the wrong way (I re-read it and understand where your coming from) can happen. Recovery can beat us up some days.

Thanks for your input, Gary

Last edited by iwilldothis on Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:22 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I've not commented, but have followed this thread....wow! beautiful car dude! doesn't it feel great to be able to buy things now? my subs were expensive, but still less than D.O.C., so finally had a lil money to buy things with, and start saving for things! I could've never done that in active addiction! now that I'm getting plain generic bupe instead of brand name subs, I'll save more money...woohoo! Lol my new toy will be a computer of some kind so I won't have to keep using this phone all the time to use the forum.
WAY TO GO MAN! :-) Buckle up,I bet that thang moves!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:17 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

All good here man... just a LOT of catching up to do after being out of work for a week. Plus (I am in IT) we have Windows XP that will go out of support in 3 weeks so I trying to get the company up to date. I have been working HARD and coming home and falling asleep as soon as I get home (around 9 pm.. I know, I am sorry and I am not trying to rub it in).

I am getting caught up and not so tired at night so hopefully back to a normal routine here.

I know this has been a rough winter, but I can guarantee it will be over in July... :P

@ H0pe: Nice ride! It's also good to hear from you! I am wishing you all the best in your continued success at being opiate free. I am glad you are coming back to check on all of us and to keep us updated on your victories. It gives us all...... wait for it..... HOPE! LOL!

@Romeo: Yeah, no funny lift stories, but I also didn't make the evening news for "Newbie stuck on chair lift" so that's good too!

Much Love,

John

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:25 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Glad to here all is good. Catching up on sleep sounds comforting. :) I know what it's like being off work for a week and coming back to a pile of work. It makes the day go by pretty quick and you wonder if you will ever get caught up.
You may be right with winter ending in July around here. Global warming :?

Talk with you later my friend,

Gary

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi I jumped from 4mg after being on 16mg for 6 years. For me I just made my mind up and jumped. Yea the first 2 weeks were hell but now at day 32 I am so glad I am off this stuff. I wish u the best of luck if u need anymore help PM me

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:34 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Gary, how's the sleep coming? How was your sleep while you were away?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey Romeo,
I didn't mention this earlier but I ended up driving home every night. The night before we left I took a couple of sleeping pills and slept from 11pm till 1am. I was up the rest of the night. I felt like crap when we were ready to leave in the morning after very little sleep. It was a little over an hour drive to get to our hotel and the arena. After the first game I couldn't hang in there anymore. I felt bad but my wife understood and I drove home. Everyone else stayed at the hotel.
So I ended up driving back and forth every day. So it wasn't a success for me but I did see every game but one on the first day. Everyone new I had a bad cold so I had a good excuse for not staying and spreading my cold even though that was only half my problem. We ended up winning the tournament which was great.
After it was done is when I decided to stop taking the sleeping pills as they really didn't give me much more sleep than the clonidine did.
Once I started taking the clonidine I felt like crap again for a few days. Not sure if that was because I was getting a little bit of WD from stopping the sleeping pills. I only used them for maybe 7 days but did take 2 at a time as prescribed by my doctor.
Last night I slept for 2 hours solid and woke up on and off for the next 3 hours. But I did feel alot better today. Not great but better.
I'm going to continue this way and hope for the best.

Gary

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:33 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Those sleeping pills change your brain chemistry, so I am sure the "crappy-ness" you felt was your brain chemistry out of balance. I still can't believe you are still having issues. now it's just annoying. When you drove home, did you get any sleep then? or are you still only getting 3-4 hours a night?

Think it might be time for that alternative medicine. Any luck with the meditation or binaurals?

Much love

John

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

How did it go?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:42 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It looks like today is day 38 for you. Before your trip, you were able to get to sleep, you'd wake up, but could sometimes fall back asleep. Now it looks like you've kinda reverted back to not being able to get back to sleep. I hate to say it, but that's about how my sleep progressed, too. It's like I would get a few days of half decent sleep, then a couple days of craptacular sleep, then a couple days of decent sleep, then back to craptacular sleep. For me, the good news was that I wasn't getting crap sleep every single night. Gradually, my body had improved to at least some nights of halfway decent sleep.

The reason I mentioned day 38 for you is because I'm thinking before too long, you'll experience a decent improvement in your sleep. You may not go to 8 hours a night, but I think in the next week or so, you'll see some kind of improvement in your sleep.

Keep hanging in there, Bud. I didn't think my sleep would EVER improve, but it did....it just took time.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:51 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

@ Reprieve,
Yea, i agree with the sleeping pills screwing with my brains chemistry, I'm done taking them. When I went home my sleep wasn't great till the last night. I think I got a good 4-5 hours. It's been real sporadic.
I have tried some meditation and binaurals. There are so many different kinds finding the right one is tuff. With the meditation the deep breathing was good except I had a hard time with this chest cold. I think this cold is starting to get better but it's still giving me a tough time. This winter weather doesn't help. Maybe sometime in April it will warm up.

@Romeo,
Before the trip I was still having decent sleeps mixed with bad sleeps. When I had the bad ones I would be real sluggish and feeling like crap all day. Your exactly right with my sleep pattern. I tried some Passion Flower liquid drops in warm water along with clonidine last night. I slept a solid 5 hours before waking up. I stayed in bed for another 1-2 hours but don't think I ever got back to sleep.
Physicaly I think I am starting to feel better, with the odd day of feeling like crap. That's the reverse of how I was. I am starting to see some improvement that way.
How long did you use the clonidine? I haven't tried just going to bed at night with nothing yet because when i haven't slept at night and tried during the day I couldn't fall a sleep no matter how exhausted I was. Maybe I will try tonight, but if I don't get sleep I'm done for the day. I can't wait for the day when I can just lay down and have a nap. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I can't remember for sure, but I think I was in and around 3 or 4 months when I quit Clonidine. I do remember taking it for months, just don't quite remember how many months? My brain was pretty screwy back then.....hell, still is!! :lol:

Remember way back when cars had carburetors? You'd head out on a cold, cold morning and try to start that damn car and it would sputter, then hit, then sputter, then hit, hit, sputter. Finally, after many prayers and lots of cussing, the engine would catch and run. It would run rough as hell for a few minutes, then once warmed up, it would act right. You and I are like old cars with carburetors when it comes to getting decent sleep again. :wink:

I'm glad you're starting to feel better physically and that you're able to see you're having more good days. Progress. It's slow, but it's still progress!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:34 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Good analogy. I feel lucky to be an old car. If a new car doesn't start you open the hood, look at it, close the hood and call a tow truck. :)

I read a bit on Passion Flower with clonidine for WD and sleep. There was a small study done on 60 patients. 30 took the Passion flower with clonidine and 30 took a placebo with clonidine.
The 30 that took Passion Flower had better results.
I've never had luck with herbal meds or over the counter shit but time will tell.

Last night getting 5 hours without waking up was a first. Tonight could be a different story, I haven't had 2 nights the same yet. But I definitely see and feel progress.

I'm finally starting to see a small light at the end of the tunnel.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:21 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I found y'all from a suboxone wd search. Started reading January posts. So now here we are....March 18. How's everyone? Btw, I'm a newbie... :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next