It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:43 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

It sure feels good to laugh. Somehow you guys can always put a smile on my face. That was hilarious. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:03 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

iwilldothis wrote:
It sure feels good to laugh. Somehow you guys can always put a smile on my face. That was hilarious. :lol:

No, you're just delirious from lack of sleep... :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:36 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Going from 2mg-1mg is quite a jump in just 3 days also.When I 1st started bupe I was very surprised to drop so fast from 32 to 8mg but try it for a week or two and then my mind changed.
Below 2mg seems to be when people feel the withdrawals but by what I've read I've noticed most people figure I might as well just go to nothing and maybe it'll work faster or slowly tapering past 1mg is just prolonging w/d?

I highly recommend not using alcohol,if it works and you get sleep you'll probably have worse withdrawals.I just cannot not see alcohol working if Klonopin doesn't produce sleep.Any benzo can help relieve alcohol withdrawals but alcohol is so hard on body chancing even a more horrible withdrawal could drive you back to opiates.

I hope all goes well and it was the RLS that really shook me up.My sleep came 1st,then eating and w/d hit in waves,but I was able to sleep through it.

Last edited by tiredofsuboxone on Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo wrote:
We're just special, I guess? :wink:

LOLOL!!!!! Special is putting it mildly!!!! :lol:

Must be that damn bagged milk!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OMGosh, I never put 2 + 2 together and realized we're both Canadians and we both took/are taking a shit kicking from Suboxone wd!! WTF does Suboxone have against us Canadians? GAH!! We're a kind, gentle race of people. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:40 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

What a way to start my day. LOL, keep it coming. :D

Slept good, I think, woke up after 4 hours, got up for a drink (water) and tried again. I slept on and off for another 2 hours. So it wasn't a solid nights sleep but I will definitely take it. At least when I get up I can tell I have slept. This cold I have may be not allowing me to sleep through, I did wake up coughing a lot. It's starting to break up, finally. Another few days and with any luck I will have shaken the worst of it.

Guess what, it snowed again last night. Grrrrrrrr. It's time for a coffee, no sugar, just a bit of milk, milk in a BAG, is there any other way. Just for your info, each bag holds about a quart each. :wink:

@tiredofsuboxone,
I agree with you getting down to 8mg is no that hard. The worst is 2 - 1mg and less. I'm sure if done correctly it would make it easier to keep reducing but time and will power are critical.
Your sleep came back first, you are one of the lucky ones from what I've read. That's usually the last to come back. But good for you, I'm jealous :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:30 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Gary! I can tell by the posts that you are starting to get some sleep ... they seem much more light-heated and not so, "oh, woe is me"... That came out wrong, because I am not in any way saying that you were overly complaining and you had EVERY reason to be in a foul mood... I just wanted to remark that there is a visible difference in your last few posts and it's refreshing to see you start to come out the other side of this....

So you go with straight milk in your coffee? 2%, whole, skim? My other Canadian friends got me hooked on 50/50 cream (Half and Half) and now I wouldn't have it any other way.

If only I could get some good cheese curds then I could have a proper plate of Poutine and then my transformation to Canadian will be complete!!! Well, except for the whole hockey thing. I will always be a baseball/football guy... Not that I hate hockey, because it is a GREAT spectator sport if you have some tickets, but on TV its terrible... no way to see the puck...

Anyways, we are almost packed and heading off to the mountains. And yes, I am actually going out and seeking MORE snow.... I guess I am a glutton for punishment. I hope today continues your upward trend in your health.

Much love,

reprieve

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:36 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks John,

It's nice to finally get some sleep, I think I'm slowly getting rid of this cold, still hacking but it's starting to loosen up a bit.
You were right with the "woe is me", I thought I was a rare case with the sleep thing, at least I know I'm not the only one who is or went through the same crap. Sleep is gold, now if I could just do it on my own.

As for milk in my coffee, skimmed milk, yea I know it may as well be water. Use to use 1% . I just use whatever she puts in the fridge. Just nothing sweet in my coffee.
Poutine is something I have never had. I will stick to fries, salt, pepper and vinegar and maybe a bit of ketchup. Poutine looks gross to me. My kids like it but I can't seem to see through all the crap on it.
I know vinegar on fries is another Canadian thing. It's funny when were in the States and we ask for vinegar, they look at us like were from mars.

Have fun skiing, enjoy the time off

All the best to you and your family, Gary

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:58 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

LOL....Just call me captain obvious.

I would never pick on you guys for eating weird things, I like all kinds of stuff most people call weird too! Of course, it's not like I live in the center of the cullinary world either. Southern food is good, but it's kind of narrowly defined. Isn't it funny how people from different regions like different things? Vinegar on fries sounds pretty tame compared to some things I've seen people from other countries eat. One in particular sticks out in my head involving a fully formed, unhatched duck egg. Talk about freaking weird!!!!

We live pretty far out in the country and one day went to help one of the neighbors with something. Spent a nice couple of hours getting to know this older man and his son who live about as simple as you can get. Before we left he offered to give me a possum to cook and eat that he had killed recently. I started laughing at him, totally convinced he was joking...yeah, he wasn't! Bleh, still makes me sick thinking about it!

@Reprieve,

Hope you have fun in the smokies! It is beautiful there, but good luck making your way up those mountain roads right now! Are you guys renting a cabin or staying in a hotel? My husband and I spent our honeymoon in a cabin at Pigeon Forge, It was so beautiful! Can't beat the mountains in the fall!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Gary,

The last 2 days, what time did you fall asleep and what time did you wake?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:57 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Q,
I have to admit, the duck egg is is a new one for me, ugh. But the possum, you actually tried it :!: I can say i've tried some different food before but possum.................well maybe if I drank a gallon of mooshine first. :)
As for southern food, I love it. New Orleans for me had the best food going. Along with the night life. Memphis (Beal St - sp?) was another place I really enjoyed. May have to take a run through there this summer on my way out west. Hurry up warm weather.

Romeo,

I fell asleep around 11:30pm and woke up around 4am the 1st night. Last night I hit the sack an hour earlier and woke up at 3am. I got up and had a glass of water and laid down again. I dozed off a few times for maybe 15 minutes to a half hour. I finally got out of bed around 5am. I was comfortable just laying there for a while. The sleeping pills my doctor gave me has allowed me to sleep a solid 4 hours. It is definitly something I don't want to get used to using but for the rest of the week I am willing to in order to recharge myself and get rid of this cold. My body has become real restless this past couple of weeks, not only at night but all day. I'm always moving my foot, leg, pacing. Just can't relax. Tired but restless. All part of the process I guess.
Today I got out of the house for a while. Drove around and went for a walk. Felt good for a bit. It's kind of hard for me to switch sleep times. My daughter is staying with us for the week while her husband is out of town. She is ready to have a baby soon.

I am going to call my doctor on Friday to talk about other options that aren't so addicting. I'm game for other safer options including cold turkey for a while. Being a shift worker most of my life, sleep, well staying asleep has never come easy. I never had a problem falling asleep before, it was staying asleep, now I can't do either without some help.

The initial 10 days of WD were easy compared to PAWS. I could at least fall asleep on my own for a few hours. I know it is going to take time. At least this cough is starting to loosen up.....a bit.

You know what else makes this difficult, my wife and kids all say I look great, but they have no idea how I feel inside. I try to not show that part and spend a lot of time in my man cave.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:47 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I made it back to work after treatment.I worked about 6 weeks but RLS and anxiety was still happening but I was facing surgery.
How I slept:I didn't feel lucky but it was luck looking back
When I was in tx we had to get up at 5AM and we could not lay down until 8PM sometimes 9:30PM.
Where we slept was two miles from tx center.
After every 50-60 minute group I walked around tx center.The only thing I can think of to get rid of anxiety it to stay in motion.
By the time your head hit pillow you were exhausted.Sleep came rather easy fast but after discharge and no schedule your mind can be very powerful.

Last edited by tiredofsuboxone on Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:50 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Nooooooooo!!!!!!

I didn't try it! I laughed at the guy for offering it to me, and then felt bad because I thought I made HIM feel bad for being serious about it. I kill possums, but I don't eat them!!!!!!! They are disgusting little creatures!

OMG....I'm glad I cleared that up!

Can you imagine what people here would think about the little country girl from Tennessee who eats possums!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:36 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

@tiredofsuboxone,
I agree that you need to stay busy no matter how hard it can be. Sitting in a house all day can make you go stir crazy. I'm slowly getting rid of this brual cold I have. Went out most of the afternoon yesterday and it felt good. I'm working towards geting back to the gym next week and getting more active again. A lot of it is psychological I'm sure along with some physical crap but it's something I am trying to fight through.
Thanks for your support.

@Q

LOL, I guess I miss understood, I'm with you on passing up on that menu. They are pretty ugly creatures. Down here you can find them in some pretty dirty areas. It just doesn't sound too appetizing for most people. I think you had to grow up eating something like that to enjoy it.. ugh.
A lot of people eat crazy shit in different parts of the world that would make us never want to eat again. I will stick to the basic meat and potatoes menu. :)
Maybe the odd Fast food restaurant.
Sorry for the misunderstanding :) :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:12 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Day 27- This cold I have is a tough one to shake. It is trying to loosen up in my chest but it's being stubborn. I've been taking Azithromycin and an inhaler for the past 4 days. One day left of the antibiotic.

The past 3 nights I've taken Zopiclone for sleep. I can only use it short term which is fine by me (need to get healthy) and had the best sleep in a month last night. Slept from 11pm to 5am. No wake ups in between. I have to admit, whenever I wake up it takes me 10 minutes to get the courage to look at the clock. Was getting so use to looking at the clock and seeing 1am.

One more night of this and I'm putting it away for a bit. I need to see if I can get some normalcy back into my life. Going back into to work Friday. This should be the last time for a while. back to retirement and hopefully back to the gym. spring is around the corner (not sure what corner as it sure looks like winter for a couple more weeks) and can't wait to be able to get outside without looking like we live in Alaska.

I am eating good food but have dropped to 190lbs from 210. Not necessarily a bad thing but That's low enough. The gym will help me get my strength back.

I just wanted to take a moment and thank you guys for your continuing support. Without it I would be lost. I knew this wouldn't be easy, and it hasn't but you guys and gals have got me by a real ruff spot, along with a few laughs.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart,

Gary

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:36 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I once saw a possum come crawling out of a dead cow. No way I'm eating possum!!

Glad you've been able to get some sleep, Gary. I hope your cold breaks soon.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:57 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I just quit benzos after 6 years,I'm on month 6-7.My emotions thawed out and it felt great to feel for the 1st two-three months,I still had anxiety.Change,unknown feelings,then fear came back but I felt more connected to humanity than I have for a long time.
I still don't understand what happened,but I discovered I don't like being drugged.I don't like anxiety but drowning it out can keep me from searching for what I really need to survive.Fear can be healthy but also it can be destructive.It's a fine line so I sometimes have to really think things out instead of just joining a crowd doing destructive things.

Now smoking makes me very ill.I get anxiety,panic attacks,flash-backs from the past I can deal with them now but when I came off benzos they came back full force and distorted.
Suboxone has a tad bit of feel nothing time.I try to use it only enough to feel normal.Since I stopped benzos I'm still trying to reach a dosing schedule that works or keeps my feelings thawed out.
I know this is about stopping Suboxone,but that's all I can do right now.
Smoking is really stealing from me.I smoke I get very tired,don't eat,and my anxiety goes through the roof.Stomach problems,sore throat,etc...
Maybe I'm making excuses but I think smoking tobacco is doing much more damage than bupe???

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

[/quote]Double post:
I use trazadone and it does help me sleep.My mind races and a 10mg Ambien to put me to sleep with just 25mg of trazadone keep me asleep all night.I can't sleep using light benzos,I can but I still awake with racing thoughts.For what it's worth.I try new things for I know what the old ways bring.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:02 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

4 weeks off,

so it''s been 4 weeks off Soboxone. I would love to say I feel great. I'm doing ok, PAWS has been pretty shitty. I slept good the first 10 days off but ever since sleep has come at a price. It wasn't for lack of trying, on numerous occasions I was awake for days. The ones I slept were counted by minutes, sometimes hours but not many. PAWS brings on new challenges.
Got sick, (a bad head and chest cold), my Family Doctor has me on Zopiclone, gives me 5-6 hours sleep. The first 3 days I took 2 at night, last night I took 1, slept 3.5 hours. Tonight I'm taking a Clonidine. Wish I could sleep with nothing. It will come in time but for now I need to be careful. Don't want to get hooked on sleeping pills. My doc is keeping a close eye on me. This cold is................still there, better but it's going to take time. Still tough to breath and a dry hacking cough. My head cold is clearing up, not gone but much better.
I find I'm real restless. All day and night. Winter doesn't help, I also found out the antibiotic and inhaler I am using can cause this. Go figure. There is no lesser of 2 evil here. I need both right now. That's not to say the restlessness isn't from the PAWS.
I would like to think I'm making headway each day but the gains are so small it's hard to notice. Yesterday was a busy day, 2 birthdays at our house. It was a long day. Took a lot out of me. It was great to see my grandkids though, I''ve missed them.
Today I am heading in to work to finish off a job they brought me back for. It will be a full day but at least it will be in my old office and not in the mill. Heated office, still getting chills once in a while.

Nobody said this would be easy. We are all different and I'm sure no 2 recoveries are the same. In the end it will be all worth it. Spring is suppose to be here soon, :wink: but for now I think it got lost. Weather can play a roll in recovery. This has been the coldest winter in 50 years for us. Got that from TWN.

The odd morning I feel good, it's as the day goes on I start to hit a wall.
Maybe today will be a good day, either way i'm in it for the long haul, better days are ahead, I can feel it in the air.

@romeo

Thanks may friend, this one is going to take time. Time I do have :)
Just need to make sure I don't burn myself out again. It's suppose to hit a hi of 38F today with plenty of sun. Perfect day to go to work. :roll:
At least melt some of this snow.
Jed Clampit (sp) and family loved possum pie, remember them? Q is probably too young for that show :)

@tos
I can pretty well guarentee you smoking is doing more damage than Suboxone. Suboxone can save your life, smoking can only hurt you. I know, I'm a smoker too.
I know it's difficult but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. You have to push yourself through the bad times. Believe me, I know it's tough but there is a reason you chose to get off benzo's, life will get better, it takes time. We all have bad days, weeks but without moving forward you will never get out of this rut.

Best of luck to you

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Some of us seem to learn our lessons the hard way. Running yourself ragged during wd was a bad thing to do, but now you know. You have to take care of yourself, Bud.

I know the days seem to pass like years at this point in your detox, but spring is not that far off and I'm positive spring weather will make a big difference for you. Stay strong, man.

Yeah, the Beverly Hillbillies.....I used to watch that show all the time!! Granny would be cooking up some possum and in would walk Jethro saying, "YUM, possum for dinner tonight!!" LOL

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next