It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: all about queenie
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

First, I will tell you, I picked the username queenie to remind myself what used to be. Queenie 1959 is to remind me that I won a beauty Pageant in 1959. I was Miss Cuba. The only daughter of 2 parents that loved each other & me like crazy. I had a great childhood. I hear horror stories and I am the opposite. So, why addiction? In my case, I grew up & crappy stuff happened? At least that's why I think so. A psychiatrist knows best and that's why I plan to start going to one along with my sub treatment. I fell in love & married a man that got tired of me & our 2 little daughters, one of which fell as a baby and it resulted in some brain damage. She is 45 now. That was the first thing in my life that hit me, emotionally. Very early in our marriage. He used drugs and had many women. I was only married 4 yrs. when I became a single mother. Thank God for mom & dad. But my heart was broken. About that time I learned that alcohol made it feel a little better. I smoked cigarettes too, and for a while that eased the pain. In my early forties but looking 25, I developed back pains. They got worse & worse and I ended up having back surgery. Which was The first time I had opioid painkillers. I felt great. A lot of pains stop on morphine. They gave me tons of Tylenol #3. When I went back to work I felt great! I remember wishing I had more when they finished. A few years later, dad suddenly was diagnosed with Cancer. Me & mom were in shock. To ease that pain, I stole some of his painkillers sometimes. Not enough for him to notice. Dad had terminal cancer. But he was so strong he looked good.The painkillers kept coming and I kept stealing some. Mom suddenly developed terminal lung cancer and died within 8 months. Dad died 3 months later. All the left over meds held me together for a while. I went through not horrid withdrawal, but I felt it and always walked around with a craving and a lonely heart. Developing illnesses that require opioids is very convenient and I developed some over the next few years. Foot surgery, pancreatitis(from alcohol). I got a taste of Dilaudid. Femerol bypasses, good for 2 happy wks in the hosp. and happy days at home recovering. I learned what horrid withdrawals I could get so I learned to lie. "I'm in pain". The Dr. understood. 7 surgeries & 1 amputation later led me to confess to my doctor because I am deathly afraid of withdrawal. He put me on subs 10 months ago. I am so used to the "High" and that "one more pill" thing that I do it with subs but no high. Because I ran out I had my share of ER visits and got Subutex, which I find lasts longer than Suboxone. Now at 67 I have a full blown problem & I hope I can be strong, stay on the subs and not have any excuse to take pills. So glad I found this forum. God bless you & thanks for listening. I will be here indefinitely so get used to seeing "Queenie".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Queenie,

I am so glad you posted your intro and your background and I welcome you to this forum! I am glad you are here and that you found us. This is such a great place for support, information, & feedback. We have already talked a little outside this post so I won't repeat what has already been said. Everyone here is wonderfully supportive. I am sure you will be a wonderful addition to the group and will help others along the way.

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for the welcomes. Just wanted everyone to know about me, if they want to compare notes. I thank God I found all of you & be assured that I would be thrilled to help someone someday. That's one of my goals.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:43 pm 
Welcome again Queenie! Thank you for sharing some of your story here. It helps a lot to open up and share and not feel ashamed, which is what you will find here on the forum. You have certainly been through a lot. I'm glad you were able to find your way to Suboxone/Subutex and are getting better. It is a road, even with this wonderful medication.
I'm glad you found your way to the meeting last night and I'm sure you got lots of good information from everyone there. We're all just here to help each other, as you can see. And as you go along, you will certainly end up helping someone else. That's what I like so much about this place. We're all different, but all alike in so many ways!
Anyway, I'm glad you're here and I hope you will continue to participate. Take all the time you can and read all around the forum, even the older threads/discussions are full of valuable information. You'll be amazed at how much you can get from it all. I know I was! Have a wonderful evening!

Post subject: welcome queenie!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:56 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi queenie,

Welcome to the forum. I am happy that you found us and I am sure you will find this forum as helpful and supportive as I have. I met you briefly last night at the chat meeting, although I know there were a lot of people there and it got a little confusing at times.

You have been through a lot in your life, and I am happy that you were able to share some of what you have been through. We all have our own story but very similar in our paths of what led us to our addictions. Opiates killed both physical and emotional pain for most of us. I think its awesome that you called yourself queenie to remind you of what used to be. I am sure that at 67, you are still very beautiful.

You are already helping someone by posting your story. Everyone here is awesome and we are all here to help and support each other. In my opinion, this is the best forum for people on Suboxone/Subutex and I am sure you will agree as you spend more time here and meet more people. Again, I am happy that you found your way here and hope that you enjoy spending time here as much as I do.

Ginger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello again queenie,

I just wanted to throw my "welcome" in with those from others. I hope you find it warm and helpful here - I know I have.
I hope the meeting on Monday helped you out - even a little bit. I'm glad you were able to make it. Thanks for sharing your story.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Queenie:

Thank you so much for sharing your amazing story with us. You have been through so much! WOW! I am glad that you found us, and I hope this place can be of some comfort for you, as it has been for me. I try to check in here every day and today I am very glad that I came here and read your story. You're going to be alright, Queenie. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Cool, we have the same heritage. My father was a doctor, from Cuba. He left in 1957.