It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Alive and well
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey everyone!
I havent posted in a while and am beginning to see the pattern with others as well: the more distance you put between yourself and these orange pills, the less you think about them. And consequently, the less you htink about sites like this. Im not saying the people are unimportant--but early in htis site was a lifeline. And now that I have moved forward, its more of a great memory of great people. I stopped cold from 8mgs a day back in early August. Its now been 4 months--though it seems alot longer. I am finally free of all the symptoms associated with WDs. I dont even think about them and happened upon this site in my favorites list lol. As mine and other posts indicated--it wasnt easy but it was worth the temporary hell to be free. f it wasnt for some of th epeopl in here and the great posts, I would have had a much more difficult time of it. So thank you to everyone who poured your pain into these pages. And for those of you in the midst or about to make that jump--you CAN do it. I am by no means a pain embracer, and have lived part of my life hiding from pain in substances. But I gotta tell you: facing the fears down is alot more satisfying. Anyway--good luck and hope all of you who are fighting this fight will keep what is important to you in view.

brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Glad to hear you are doing so well! Thanks for dropping back by and updating us. Checking in every so often and letting the readers know how your doing can be very helpful. Most people that are doing well do not post on forums so it leaves all the horror stories, I appreciate you taking the time to drop in. Keep up the good work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Holy Crap, has it been 4 months already?? Dang it dude, you're just kicking butt!!

Like Breezy said, the fact that you chose to come back and update will surely help many. So many people going through wd think it'll never end and that they'll never have a life again, but you my friend, are proof positive that the wd does end and life can be fun and enjoyable.

Now, go keep kicking butt!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:43 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks Romeo and Breezy--
You two are just a a couple of the people who really inspired me in here and kept me going--especially in those early days. I remember that first week being so weepy at times that even sappy TV commercials would get me going lol But what people need to realize is that its all part of the cleansing going on as our bodies are readjusting from the insanity we have put it through. I felt like it would never end but knew it would; I felt like I couldnt make it but knew I could. Anyone who has started the process just needs to realize that each painful day, each sleepless night, is one step closer to the goal. And it is worth every bit of the crap to get there. Honestly I didnt start feeling "normal" til about the end of September/early October--about two months. That doesnt mean I felt like hell for two months--just took that long to realize i was not fatigued for a change, etc. And I know that sounds like a long time but I cant believe how fast time has gone. Dont think of this in terms of calendar days--just think of t in terms of the next day. The next hour. That I can do this another hour, etc. Keepup the great work everyone. And feel free tp PM me anytime cuz I'll be back as often as possible. Thanks again!

brian

Post subject: Re: Alive and well
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

brian__TX wrote:
Hey everyone!
I havent posted in a while and am beginning to see the pattern with others as well: the more distance you put between yourself and these orange pills, the less you think about them. And consequently, the less you htink about sites like this. Im not saying the people are unimportant--but early in htis site was a lifeline. And now that I have moved forward, its more of a great memory of great people. I stopped cold from 8mgs a day back in early August. Its now been 4 months--though it seems alot longer. I am finally free of all the symptoms associated with WDs. I dont even think about them and happened upon this site in my favorites list lol. As mine and other posts indicated--it wasnt easy but it was worth the temporary hell to be free. f it wasnt for some of th epeopl in here and the great posts, I would have had a much more difficult time of it. So thank you to everyone who poured your pain into these pages. And for those of you in the midst or about to make that jump--you CAN do it. I am by no means a pain embracer, and have lived part of my life hiding from pain in substances. But I gotta tell you: facing the fears down is alot more satisfying. Anyway--good luck and hope all of you who are fighting this fight will keep what is important to you in view.

brian

Hey! Congrats on still being sober and w/d free! It's four months for me too.

laddertipper

Post subject: 8mgs?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:56 pm 

Welcome back Brian, and that is great news that you were able to kick it from such a high dose. I do have a question for ya though. Were the withdrawal symptoms easier jumping from 8mgs of Suboxone than stopping cold turkey from full agonists? I suppose it depends on how much pain medicine a person was taking so my question is on the vague side.

Good to see you post your success here. Congrats!