It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Aids to taper and quit
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:35 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I know a lot of this has been written--somewhere and sometime, but I do not think a normal search is enough. I was wondering what people had found to work, such as orthomolecular substances, vitamins, herbs, and even prescription drugs.

It would be convenient to see, in one place, the best that has been written thus far. Also, maybe even more important--if someone has found things useful in tapers and quits, but not written about it, it would be nice to hear about.

I know there is one popular formula out there, but I am not sure how to find it. So any hints about what works and what has been written, and especially what is new or undocumented -- please write what you know.

Thanks,

S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:48 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello there, I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but "The Thomas Recipe" has had mad high reviews! For any and all opiates. Just google it. Hope this helped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Clonidine was the most helpful prescription comfort medication I took during my taper and withdrawal.

Herbal (and other) supplements I found useful were Valerian Root (for anxiety and insomnia), Melatonin (insomnia), vitamin D and a B vitamin complex.

Cultured foods seemed to help with digestive issues, yogurt (great in smoothies) and Kombucha which is a fermented black tea was also great for energy and well-being - I drank it daily during my detox.

Exercise is the number 1 good thing you can do for yourself, starting long before you even begin your taper and continuing right up through the jump and on into life as a Sub-free person. Exercise will help you sleep, increase your energy, and increases your natural endorphin production. It also helps with RLS and pain.

Hot baths with LOTS of epsom salts can be very comforting with withdrawal symptoms are intense - especially good for RLS, leg pain, back pain, feeling cold/chills, anxiety and general restlessness. Find an essential oil that you like and add it in to the mix for extra goodness. Jasmine and Sandalwood are good for anxiety, for example.

-Jack Kornfield

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:57 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

neurontin is the most helpful thing i used. It was pretty incredible how much it took the edge off of the withdrawals and even eliminated some symptoms. I'm sure you can become dependent on it, but im not sure about how long it would take.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Laughter helps a lot.

This came to mind.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/103526/jareds-aides