It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I liked the idea of posting my progress on this website so I myself could see and possibly help others.

I think i might be judged a little more because It wasnt Vicodin or Oxycontin that got me on Subs it was Heroin. Although the word "heroin" will make most people cringe chemically, its not that different than other opiates.

Well I have been struggling with addiction for years now. I am 21 years old and have been opiate dependent on and off for years. I have successfully detoxed myself off of bupe several times in the past only to relapse because of the extreme anxiety and restlessness I get (PAWS). Hell, lack of sleep is the reason i started opiates to begin with. I was prescribed subs and then my insurance expired so unfortunately I have to buy them off the street. (only 2$ cheaper than out of pocket at your local walgreens ;)

Anyways Im from wisconsin and live in arizona. If any of you know about Heroin in the southwest its that it is EVERYWHERE especially being so close to the mexican border. It was as tho people did heroin like people smoked weed back in wisconsin. Its moderately cheap also. Basically the past 6 months I have worked just to support my drug habit. I am in California for a week or so right now (in the hotel writing this)...sorry to ramble ill get to the point

My plan is as follows:

Day 1: 2mg sub
Day 2: 2mg sub
Day 3: 2mg sub
Day 4: 1mg sub
Day 5: 1mg sub
Day 6: .5 sub
Day 7: .5 sub
Day 8: .25
Day 9: .25
Day 10: .25
and then crumbs until its almost nothing

Once i return home i was thinking of going to an inpatient detox to get the comfort meds i need instead of going to the ER or family Doctor..

If anybody is in the process of tapering or being clean please post your opinions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm still on sub, so I can't help you with your jump/taper. But I did want to tell you that I for one wouldn't even consider judging you because of the heroin. It IS the same..an opiate is an opiate is an opiate. To our brain/body there's no difference.

Good luck with your taper.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hatmaker510 wrote:
I'm still on sub, so I can't help you with your jump/taper. But I did want to tell you that I for one wouldn't even consider judging you because of the heroin. It IS the same..an opiate is an opiate is an opiate. To our brain/body there's no difference.

Good luck with your taper.

thank you dear ;D

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:13 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hey c0ngd0n, I'm in the midst of tapering and am (hopefully) about to come off for good. I'm now at crumbs, I'd guess .5 and I have been for weeks now... I unfortunately, have relapsed on oxycodone a few times, but I'm on the right track again. I'm not going to lie to you; even though I've been at the same dose for weeks, when I wake up it's usually because I'm sweating profusely, or shivering, or restless. My legs ACHE as I'm typing this and I feel a bit tired, but that's it after I took my tiny tiny dose about 4 hours ago. I feel like I've been putting myself through a slow torture in a way, I was planning to jump off completely weeks ago, but I'm not going to lie, withdrawals (esp gooseflesh,shivering,sweating UGH) scare the shit out of me. You'd think we'd get used to it, huh? Anyway, I've never tried heroin, really oxycodone is so big in FL (and cheaper than most of the country) that I've never even seen it. However, we're the same age (are you the girl in the pic?) and you seem to be someone I could relate to... so lets both try and post our progress. I have a list of vitamins/supplements I'll post if you want, remember, we're trying to get our bodies back to normal after abusing our natural endorphin levels and a million other things... however, as long as you take it slow, getting to 2 mg shouldn't be too painful. I'm also on klonopin, I know that might be frowned upon but I have severe anxiety and it sounds like you might too (honestly anyone going through w/d will) and I'm planning on taking a little extra this weekend when I try and come off so I can atleast avoid panic attacks and be able to sleep. Your plan sounds pretty good, just don't rush yourself too much... that's how I relapsed. Not a lot of people are going to understand, and it's more important to do it right and for good then quick... however, I feel as if I've been at a standstill of almost feeling dopesick randomly a lot for a long time.. however it comes in waves, versus a full agonist like oxy or heroin. Hope I don't sound like I'm rambling too much but I figured I'd give you my perspective on how it is farther down the road.

xx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Looking over it again, your plan is kind of quick, but I wouldn't say horrible.. maybe take another week, if that's possible? The reason why is because the half life is so long, it stays in your body for a long time. I understand if you just don't have that available to ya.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:27 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Congdon, I wish you all the best in your taper. I'm in the process of slowly tapering down with the objective of getting off completely.

Don't think because you were a heroin addict that you are any different. No one will pass judgement because of that. Towards the end of my abusing/using I was snorting heroin because it was cheap, and I the effects were spot on with oxy. While they may be structurally a tad different, they are serving the same purpose.

If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been on suboxone? And what dosage? I'm a little confused. Are you doing a short-term detox, or have you been on suboxone (this time around) for a while?

Again, best of luck to you. Stay strong. You can do this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:27 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

kissthesky- thank you for your input! it is greatly appreciated! oh and for the record i [was] the guy in the picture :lol: I can totally relate to the whole waking up because of sweating, shivering, ect. As a matter of fact that is why i am awake right now :evil:

I would very much like it if you would keep me posted on your situation! Preferrably on this thread so i dont have to go digging =P I realize my taper is a little quick, i have taken this into consideration and have gotten a few more subs to extent the taper. Again keep me posted!

bubble- I have been taking subs consistently for about 6 months at around 8-16 mgs a day. Sometimes more, sometimes less. But never under 8mg except for recently... And thanks for your advice..always nice hearing views from a fellow [ex]junkie :roll:

Post subject: heroin stigma
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:12 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi COng and all you other guys, i just wanted to say also that I was a heroin addict too, but i've tried oxycontin and I agree it's a lot the same. It's also true, heroin has an even worse stigma than almost anything except maybe crack. it seems like there's more people coming from pill addictions than heroin on this website but I havent' ever felt like anyone was judging me harshly or treating me differently because of it. I wish you luck on your taper and success after too. I'm not currently trying to taper or get off sub right now, but I'm some worried i might have to, or at lest stay on a really low dose becasue of the cost.However, just earlier this week I went without any sub for 3 days because i went out of town and forgot to bring it! I really didn't have any WD symptoms except possilby a bit more desire to drink beer than usual and some anxiety coming up on the third day. I did have valium at night to put me to sleep, but I don't think I needed it. One thing with WD I've always found it so difficult to not obsess on it and that seems to make it worse. if possible, and everyone seems to agree on this one, being active is good--excercise helps get your natural endorphins back is the idea, I guess, and I believe it. also though, being distracted from obsessing on the WD is good...I was really busy the 3 days i was away from my sub and barely thought about it. But...I also am well aware that it is entirely posible to not get any WD symprotms from stopping sub until day 4 or maybe even longer, because of the long half-life thing with sub.

Anyway I just wanted to chime in here about the heroin thing, and also wish you luck. I'll check back to see how you're doing too, so I hope you do keep posting on your progress. Did you take a trip to California specifically to be away from all teh heroin you say is in Arizona where you live? Or is it unrelated? I do know that PAWS can be a real problem for many of us and also that availability of the drugs is a real hard thing to deal with....I relapsed just a week and a half ago, on heroin, when I saw someone I know and I knew he might have some.....luckily i don't have to see that person or anyone else who does heroin every day anymore like I used to....but....it's really hard if it's around, I know....so I hope you won't be facing a difficult situation in that way when you get home....of course, even if you are, you can still do it, you can be fine, I know, but...well,better to have as much support as possible, i hope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:20 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you for the above post! To clarify, I am in california for work not just to get away from the drugs. However it is a nice benefit :D

I relapsed about a week and a half ago too maybe even a week ago...on heroin. I can totally relate to giving in when its around. Its infinitely easier to not use when its not around. I am also worried about being around people who use when i go home. Some of my friends are junkies. It is so easy to make a phone call and go "pick up". As of right now I have no desire to use and that could partly be from the subs...however when in withdrawal im sure i will be tempted to use.

Oh one more point i would like to focus on is the "obsessing over the withdrawal" part. This about 100% sums me up. I constantly think about it and dread it everyday. There is no escaping it. Last time i got off subs I got through the worst of it and i remember thinking "THE FEAR OF WITHDRAWAL IS WORSE THAN THE WITHDRAWAL ITSELF" however this fails to comfort me this time around. I believe that the freedom of not thinking about the W/D will be worth whatever uncomfortableness i will feel.

Thank you all for posting and keep them coming! i love this family atmosphere here! I promise to keep posting and keep everybody updated!!!! :P :P :P :P

~Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:13 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Please do. I'm very curious to hear how your jump goes. If you could, list your symptoms and when they came about. No matter what, don't forget to tell yourself that this is NOT permanent.

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Queenie here. How young you are. (that is you, right?) You sound very positive. Good for you. I too am terrified of wd. I dread it. I think about it a lot. The horrible feeling. Ending up in the ER. Only to start all over again and be afraid of wd again. Stupid game.

You have to make a vow to yourself that you will stay away from those friends back home. Why do all the hard work. Subs, tapering and any discomfort, to mess it up all over again.

I know I am going to do this. I'm sure we have different interests because you are young and in Calif. I am a 68 yr. old grandmother in NYC. I had my left leg amputated. I had many surgeries on my legs and got addicted to pills. One thing we have in common is, we are addicted and we have to stop.

So, stay strong. Don't give in & don't give up. Keep writing to us. Love & hope, Queenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you queenie! I am 21 and thanks for the compliment!

You are absolutely right, we are in the same boat. Withdrawal is hard but from experience i know that getting off of subs is alot less intense than any pain pill. I have total faith you can do it! I will start posting my symptoms and everything when i make the jump. I am still tapering and have a few days left...thanks for all the imput guys and gals =)

~Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

@c0ngd0n

The only difference between me and you is that you took more sub a day than I did but your taper plan is just like I did but it was over the course of two weeks instead of ten days in the beginning. I started with vics, then went to OC's then eventually Heroin.. anyways I'm now at crumbs with the suboxone, I will help you as best I can. If you wanna reach me on Yahoo Messenger my SN is luvlafdesign. Good luck I'm proud you're doing so well at such a young age.. it's tough.