It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I am just curious of all those who have successfully got off sub, do the aches and bone splitting pain ever go completely away? I am on my taper, strong and steady, not giving into the poor me thing, but my feet and lower back give me trouble. I sure am hopeful that this will go away in time after I am off sub for good. I am nearing 40 and I work my "you know what" off daily. Anyone have anything positive to share?
Sweet16

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:49 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Sweet16!
I know everyone is different, and everyone's experience coming off Suboxone is a unique, individualized experience, so I can only speak of MY experience and hope and pray that you have an experience similar.

I jumped CT at 8mg after a 6 year habit and 10 months on Subs, The pain DOES go away. It WILL go away (provided you don't have any preexisting conditions and pain)

I'm currently 74 days out from my jump and I can tell you that I am 100% back to my ole' self. No aches, pains... anything.
I'm also 43 years old and work my ass off as well. Like nearly 50-60 hours/week! I'm keeping up and sharp as a tack.

I'm impressed you're able to taper, I could never do that which is why I jumped at such a high dose. I have many posts up in here from my jump.

Just KNOW that things really DO get better!
-RSJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

RSJ, I am feeling so much better now and when I wrote that post, I seriously thought I could not possibly ever feel good or even a little better. I was in serious pain from tapering, maybe a little too fast. I am eager to say the least. I hope I can remember this when I finally do jump off. Just goes to show ya (well, shows me) that indeed, there is good that comes from sub. I am getting myself right back on track. Life is good. ahhhhhhhhh.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: same
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:05 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi sweet16, been following your progress, I've been on sub 2yrs with the odd relapse, but all good for now. My Dr just put me on subutex, so it's easier to measure doses to reduce, he's gonna put me on temgesic's when I get to 0.4mg, then naltraxone for a while, and I think he's right, cause if i relapse again i'll be back on suboxone for life.
Another thing you might want to think about is learning [training] to relax and clear your mind so your not stressed out.
Those bloody triggers, ie, drinking, otc meds like cough syrup, or benzos,,, can set off paws, a long way after quitting so I'm working on a new regime to carry me through those first couple of years so I don't fall into a trap.
Anyway keep up the great work and good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks stargazer, yeah i am on xannys. I have tapered to half a mg. I plan to stop tapering till I am off sub and thru the wd. I want to be aware of my symptoms. I will resume xanax taper once I am 100%. I do get the urge to drink a beer or two, but then I realise that after the fact is what does not feel good so I refrain. I have not smoked weed either. I am just too wiped out to want to. I appreciate your feed abck. It means a lot. I think this forum is really my saving grace right now. I am so anti social this is really one of my only outlets. WHat exactly are you doing to keep yourself from relapsing? I just keep reminding myself what got me where I a today and if feelings of using come up, I acknowledge them and recap my worst days and move forward. Or I walk & pray.... lol. I am trying a lot of things and something is bound to give...Good luck StarG...Thanks for the reply

Post subject: Hi sweetie
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I am reading different posts & catching up on my friends here & I came upon your posts and I want to tell you that I adore your attitude. You say I'm strong. Well, you sound very strong to me. I am going to include you in my nightly prayers(with your permission). I want you to be successful at getting off of everything. You can do it. I know you can. You say you are anti-social. Well, you sound quite sweet & friendly to me. I am officially adopting you as my granddaughter.

Keep up the hard work. I will be thinking of you. I don't know if you read my story but I was a beauty queen(a long time ago. Therefore, the name Queenie. I am a grandmother of 2 boys now. They are 21 & 16. the oldest is in his 3rd year at Univ of Vermont and the youngest in high school. They are very loving and are so affectionate. They kiss me & say "grandma, you are so cool." I am so proud. Maybe that is what makes me strong. You will be strong too. O.K? I'm here for you whenever you want to vent, chat or whatever.

Kisses, Queenie

Post subject: OOPS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I said granddaughter and I don't know if you are female or male. Doesn't matter. You are now my grandperson. Kisses, Queenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Awww, that was cute queenie!! I agree, Sweet16 is very sweet! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well you guys, of COURSE BC I am tapering off subs I am EXTRA emotional...So I got misty eyed just reading your touching words.
Queenie, I am a granddaughter. And my Granny was my BEST friend. She basically raised me. We used to watch Days of Our Lives together in the 80's. Lol...(just a funny memory) She passed away at 96 and I remember her telling me SOOOO many important things about life. I miss her A LOT. I would LOVE more than anything to inherit a grandmother and I can not think of anyone that could be more perfect than you. So THANK you so very much. I have not read your story but I am very interested now. I will go back and look for it. Of course you can pray for me. Thank you. I think one can never have too many prayers. I do a lot of praying myself for people here. It is a new thing for me and honestly I have noticed a change. It is kinda fun too. I hope the people I have prayed for notice a difference.
I AM getting off sub. I honestly do not think the tiny tiny little bit I am taking is even regestering anymore. I think what I have been experiencing is gonna be IT. I am down to .0625 and it is so small of a piece that it takes less than a minute to melt. SInce the bioavailability is just 10% sublingually (or something like that) I am barely getting anything. I pretty much feel like I am done. I am not letting my guard down however. THANK YOU so much for the encouragement. No wonder those who have already quit subs are still here paying it forward to the members that are still on sub. This forum has been KEY to my recovery . I am not foolish enough to think I am in the clear, but I think my time on sub has allowed me to really take a look at my life, the patterns surrounding my addiction and my behavior. When people ask me questions on here. I really take the time to think about my answers and THAT one thing has allowed me to see what this addiction is all about. I suspect that many of us have the SAME reasons behind our addictions. It has to do with emotions, feelings and NOT wanting to experience them. Anyway I am so glad to have this forum and the time I allowed myself to be on sub and even the taper that made me feel awful for 6 months.
AND taurus, you are sweet too! Thanks for the compliments ya all. I love ya. (I used to never be able to say that...) & kisses back Queenie..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:41 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thank's sweet16, I really hope your prayers are answered, and light brighten's your life. I'm social phantom also, but I recon you'll get out an about soon.
As an addict I have to learn to live in the moment, and build my life around open heart space, without expectations, rather than being lead astray by my addict mind. Freedom, not having to share my mind, body and soul with a narcotic, that wants to control and sabotage my life is the thing that keep me from relapsing.
I've had 30 years of solid use, so sub is what just keeps me in check. Without it right now I know I'd be screwed up on morph. Of course opiates, served a purpose in the past,,, emotional pain, from enduring a nightmare childhood, but along with the sub I'm dealing with letting that go to.
You know I've lived most of my life in shock mode, braced for impact of the next event. Even when I thought I had it together, I did'nt. I hope I've got it together this time!
Thanks Sweet16 :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:05 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

in brightening light come your prayers,
your doing so well, your Granny would be so proud of you!

Post subject: Hi sweetie
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's grandma checking in on you. Hope your day is going well. Just so you know I am thinking positive thoughts & praying for you.

Kisses, Queenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Grandma Queenie, how are YOU? I am doing good. I stayed home pretty much all day and laid around watching Netflix. I have been eating good food and taking some suppliments. I have just had NO energy, but I will not complain. How was your day? Anything wonderful happen? Hows is your stump? I read where there was some oozing. What about the cravings? I hope your sub is helping with that. I read your story. Miss CUba. You must have had a great year that year. I find other peoples stories facinating. Yours too. About your parents and the marriage and your girls. Life is quite a journey. Sometimes I do not know what the heck for but I know it is to love. To give and recieve. So that is what I am focusing on. SO I am sending you love from my heart and many many more blessings....