It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:52 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I have had a hydro Oxy habit for over 3 years about 50 mg a day sometimes more sometimes less.... yesterday i took my last dose of oxy around 6. At 8:30 am felt like I was in moderate withdrawal and inducted with a very low dose of sub... at .5 mg. I swear less than 5 minutes later i began cold sweats and diharea and very bad anxiety. I am figuring this is pw since i have been on subs once before and did not have this. It is not 2 hours later and still cold sweats, headache and burning stomach... I just took another .5 in the hopes that this will go away. I kind of freaking out and wish i didnt do this but its too late. I have to work tomorrow and have a family function tonight. My husband knows whats going on but my kids are home and im trying to keep it together. I feel like a failure :( I have a pain condition so that is in full force. I also take paxil and klonopin...took my paxil at 7 am but have not taken klonopin.

Thank you in advance for your help and support. Im really alone on this as no one close to me knows my situation.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 1:28 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Been there done that twice! Third time, this time I had to be inpatient to get transferred over to sub, 4/20/2014. Just now down to .50 a day and lowering. I was on Dialudid and Opana in huge doses for 15 years. Not easy getting off the long term opiates!
i hope you are through the worst-let us know.
Bill

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 4:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Unfortunately it sounds like you didn't wait long enough after your last dose to start induction. I would not put any more suboxone in your system until you are in moderate to severe withdrawal just to be safe. Use the COWS worksheet to help you - which you can find by googling.

Just know that it will get better and you won't be feeling bad for long. Hopefully by tonight you can try and induce again.