It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Adjusting Dose
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:59 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey All!

Been a few days since I was able to sign on but have been wanting to. Still haivng MED adjustments issues.

So, I was prescribed 2 8MG Films\day by my Induction Doc. I stuck it out for week, but my 5:0 PM, I was hurting so bad I would give myself a "bump" for some energy and not to be an "Ass" when I'm home after work. Got some great advice about not messing with doseages (Thanks Diary!) and doing what was prescribed.

Problem is, that I am STILL almost dyin in the evenings. Taking a Strip in the AM at 5, and again at 2:00 PM. By 5 or 6 it's OMG!

My Doc was a 2 hour trip away, and I found a local guy for a first appt with him on Friday! Gonna ask him about the doseages. I have heard lots of people need "adjustments" both up & down in their dose. 2.5 Films\Day seems to work best for me, but that's not what the script was for.

By the grace of God, my pharmacist allowed me to "buy" 6 strips outright to cover the underage I had created for myself before I can pick up my refill and I will make it to Friday & refill date on Monday.

My initial goal was to get OFF meds, not increase them after I was prescribed!

Has anyone ever found the induction amount to be insufficient and had to go up?
Has anyone tapered successfully and quit after having to have an upwards adjustment?
CAN you tell a Doc "I need more" - without being the manipulative Dope Feind that the world thinks\knows we are\can be?

Shoot... this stuff, along with INSANE teenager issues all coming down at once, is crazy making!
"Heeelp Mr. Wizard! I don't WANNA have an addiction anymore! to SUB or ANYTHING else"

Any ideas, comments suggestions or experience would be great and thanks!

Hoping to see you all on chat again Sat or Sunday!
WBF :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:18 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

WIll_B_Free,

My advice to you is to be honest with your doctor. If you're honest, you have nothing to hide. All doctors, especially those specializing in addiction in a rehab setting will more likely than not be able to tell if you are telling the truth. Remember you are not asking for Xanax, Percocet, etc., but rather an increase in your daily dosage to make this drug work better for you. Most importantly, be honest with yourself.

In my view, Suboxone is a conditioning drug that allows addicts to their lives back together while forming new habits and coping strategies. I was on Suboxone maintenance for over 3 years and on day 6 of kicking it. I look at the decision to get off Suboxone as one that is high risk/high reward and should not be taken lightly. You will know when your ready and don't worry about until you are.

I was also on a relatively high dose to start (24mg/day) and tapered over a three year period by halving the dose. I did not feel any noticeable effect at all until I tried to go from two doses to a single dose per day. This was at ~1mg/day - my body did not accept 0.50/mg once a day instead of twice a day so I decided to kick Suboxone once and for all. I didn't make the decision, but rather it inadvertently made for me. My doctor took a conservative approach to Suboxone maintenance and let me decide when to taper off. This is preferred.

Wish you the best and reach out if you have any questions. We are all here to help and while I am new to this forum the people on here do appear to be both knowledge and wonderful folks. Take care man ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:35 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

neilyoung wrote:
WIll_B_Free,

Wish you the best and reach out if you have any questions. We are all here to help and while I am new to this forum the people on here do appear to be both knowledge and wonderful folks. Take care man ..

Thanks a million, Neil!
I agree with you and will do just that - Honesty is absolutley worked best for me AND my medical pro's. Thanks Buddy!

PS
Love your songs! ;)