It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: My Addiction Story
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:35 am 
New Poster
New Poster

My Addiction Story.

I would take pain killers every once in a while (maybe once every 3 months) just for recreational purposes. September of 2012 I had my beautiful daughter. In January her arm got broke accidentally, and cps took her away from me. This created alot of problems between my fiance & myself. Around this time I started taking loratabs, almost daily, just so I wouldn't have to think about how my daughter was no longer in my custody. In February i found out I was pregnant again. The first week in March I went to a dr appointment and we couldn't find a heart beat. The next week I went back for a d&c. I was given a script of tabs, they were gone in a day. Since my fiance and i had lost our baby to cps & then miscarried our second child; we just gave up on our relationship and called it quits. After that thing's just continued to get worse. I was taking whatever I could get my hands on, sleeping pills, benzo's, tabs, weed, anything.. I didn't want to face the fact that I had lost two children and the man i wanted to spend my life with. Around June I tried heroin for the first time. I was using it maybe once a week. Then in July I was having to have heroin everyday.. I lost everything, pawned everything i could for money.. Then I moved back home where my brother lived. He is also an addict. I started getting heroin two to three times a day. A few weeks after being home I shot up for the first time. After about two weeks of doing that I knew that I had to stop.. I found some suboxone from a friend and took it for four days to get past the worst w/d. I am now nine days sober and I could not be happier.

Post subject: Re: My Addiction Story
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi MommaBear,

Welcome to the forum!! Congratulations on 9 days sober!!

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your children and how that spiraled your addiction out of control. I am glad you found Suboxone and that you were able to use that to stop your drug use. You only took Suboxone for a short period of time and the statistics indicate that relapse is common for short duration Suboxone users, so I wanted to ask if you're doing anything for your recovery? Addiction is usually a lot less about the drugs and much more to do with us and our thinking. In my experience, we addicts usually need help to understand addiction and recovery.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:53 pm 

Hi Mommabear! Welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry to hear your story. It really is heart-breaking. It's wonderful that you've taken steps to get yourself sober! It's hard to get headed in the right direction, so congratulations for doing that!

I'm wondering what steps you are taking now to keep yourself sober. Are you considering going to meetings or seeing an addiction therapist? At least meetings are free! :) If you are at risk for a relapse, you might want to consider finding a suboxone doctor and using suboxone until your life is pretty stable and heading in a good direction. I'm not saying that suboxone is definitely for you, but it's worked for a lot of people here, so take that into consideration when you are making plans for the future.

I don't want to overwhelm you with questions, so I'll stop there. Mostly I just want to welcome you!

Amy

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Mommabear,

The fact that you pulled yourself off heroin so quickly after starting it, is an accomplishment, and you should be proud of that. Please read what Romeo & Amy have written, though. It's really important that you find some method of recovery that will help you, otherwise, you'll end up right back on it. Trust me. If you do find yourself using again, please know that you can use suboxone for a longer period of time by seeing a doctor and getting a script. It could save your life.

Good luck-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:34 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

How are you doing now? Would appreciate an update :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:50 am 

Hi brassknuckle,

Welcome to the forum! I just wanted to give you a couple of pointers. When you're posting on a thread try to remember to look at the date from the last post. For example, this thread hasn't been active since last October. You're more likely to get responses if you comment on a more current thread.

There are some links at the top of the page you can follow to see more recent threads: View active topics, View new posts, etc.

Glad to have you here!

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:52 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks amy and sorry I'm such a newbie on forums.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:20 pm 

Don't even worry about it! I just wanted to give you a head's up. :)

Amy