It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: My addiction story
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:42 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My name is brittany im 24 now but this is how it all started i had a car wreck when i was 13 broke my femur and tore all ligaments in my neck had a rod put in leg and metal plate put in neck had plenty sugeries etc yrs go on i never have any pros outa mu neck or leg then 2009-10ish i start having pains go to a family dr start getting lortab 10mg starts normal then start taking more than needed thats goes on for yrs after a 1 1/2 i get kicked out b/c i didnt have the flerxeril in my system so that lead to me buying them off the streets this goes on for yrs then 2012 i get preg my OBGYN starts to perscribe 5mg that lasted mayb 2-3 days and only refills a couple times then after i have my baby perscribed percocet 5mg that kinda started me bk but not really knew someone who had suboxone strips so i took them a while dec 2013 i end up preg again dr wouldnt perscribe lortabs so referred me to the suboxone clinic which i am at now and getting perscribed subutex that is helping tremenously lng stry short thats my short story ....

Post subject: Re: My addiction story
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:04 pm 

Thanks for sharing your story, Brittany. Unfortunately, I didn't understand your post very well because it had little to no capitalization and punctuation. I'm not a grammar nazi by any means, but I do require a little help reading something that is so lacking in definitive sentences. I thought it was unusual that you hadn't gotten any responses on your two posts, but it may be that other members are having the same trouble as I am.

It seems that you are stable on subutex now, which is great. I couldn't tell whether you are currently pregnant or not. Often times doctors will only prescribe subutex to pregnant women and that's it! Stick with the clinic and the sub, which makes opiate addiction so much easier to deal with. I wish you the best!

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well no offense but im young and do alot of texting but i didnt know to talk or comment on here i have to be very proper and punctuate my sentences and add periods at the end of my sentences but ill take that in to consideration thanks anyway... And yes im pregnant im 25 weeks and have been on subutex since beginning of pregnancy and yes im at a wonderful clinic and planning on staying there

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:33 pm 

I certainly wasn't trying to be offensive about it. Lack of punctuation just makes it harder for me to read. I'm sure that's because I'm an old fogie! :D There are obviously no official rules on this forum about it. I was just asking to help me out. I'm sure you would laugh at the way I text because I use all grammar rules when I do that too! Lol!

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Have you found out if you're having a boy or a girl? You're being a really good mom by keeping your addiction under control! Is your first child a boy or a girl? There is supposed to be a much lower chance that your baby will have withdrawal symptoms from suboxone than methadone or other opiates. Still, I would read posts under the Pregnancy and Suboxone section and be prepared for what can happen if your baby does happen to be born addicted. You should know your rights and what to be on guard for.

I hope you update us on how you're doing, Brittany.

Amy