It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:19 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I'm a little biased because the Counselor is me, but I thought I'd get my info out there as there may be some people in the Minneapolis area looking for a Counselor not employed by any large factory-like treatment center. I do individual counseling, I do family counseling, I do individual and organizational consultation as time allows. I do Chemical dependency assessments.

I am extremely well versed personally and professionally in harm-reduction services available in the Twin Cities area and am an advocate for keeping people alive via harm-reduction techniques. I have the ability to expedite clients admissions into methadone maintenance programs and I have good working relationships with a number of DATA 2000 Suboxone prescribers and can expedite that process as well. I aid people in treatment planning by providing education on the different modalities available and which facilities employ which modalities. I do relapse prevention sessions for people newly out of controlled environments. If you can't come to me, I can come to you. I can facilitate in-home family meetings having to do with a family member using chemicals or engaging in other addictive behaviors.

Most important to a client should be this: NOTHING I DO IS COOKIE-CUTTER! That was always my biggest pet-peeve when employed by facilities as well as when I was a patient in facilities was just that - pretty much everything is cookie-cutter or planned almost in passing without any real in-depth information.

I treat everyone with the utmost respect, I have sat in the chair of the patient COUNTLESS times myself. I'm a recovering opioid addict, so that's the population I love working with the most. I enjoy consulting with parents of addicts as well because a few, lets just say...oldschool 'Counselors' advised my parents, who were vulnerable and looking for help for their child, to do some things that surprisingly didn't kill me. Not to mention all the times Methadone and then Suboxone was available but was withheld because it was 'just trading one for another.' I don't go for that whole 'just toughen up' attitude!

I didn't mean this to turn into a rant, I should leave that for a blog some day...I'm putting a lot of energy into making this Practice successful and interactive as possible for the people I treat.. I guess I'm trying to balance out the fact that so many facilities with a lot more money and funding than me can't understand that 'individual treatment plan' isn't just three words on a piece of paper.

I try to be as flexible as I possibly can in terms of payment, I'm not a pro-bono Counselor but I'm not a lawyer charging for ten minute phone calls either. So if money is an issue, as it typically was for me when I was in my active addiction, Something can likely be worked out; Don't let financials stop you from making the call.

If you're suffering in the Minneapolis area and think a Counselor who specializes in addiction might be beneficial please GIVE ME A CALL or send me an email! Feel free to check out the Facebook page I created not too long ago, it has some additional information

Oh, plus I've integrated the Germs circle logo onto my business card and a picture taken by the Drummer from Lifter Puller that was the cover of the Oranges Band album 'The World And Everything In It.' How cool is that?!?

540 Greenhaven Road #201|Anoka, MN 55303
(763)250.0702
http://www.facebook.com/TpnServiceCompanies
Person-centered counseling, education, advocacy, referral services and assessments.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:19 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Travis, (I think that's right, isn't it?)

I just wanted to wish you good luck! I think it's great that you have started your own practice. I wish I had access to someone like you in my area!

I have seen lots of posts from you here over the last year and a half or so, and I can't think of a time I have ever disagreed with your posts.

Good luck!

Q

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:42 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thanks, Qhorsegal, it's been a long time coming, really. It's going really well and I'm finding myself really busy in a good way. I was getting really disenfranchised with the field of addiction to the point I was almost thinking of packing it in and going a different direction but I've found a few like-minded souls and it's been really great. Thanks again.

And you got it right,

Travis

540 Greenhaven Road #201|Anoka, MN 55303
(763)250.0702
http://www.facebook.com/TpnServiceCompanies
Person-centered counseling, education, advocacy, referral services and assessments.