It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:11 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you all for the wisdom I've gained from this forum. Usual story - subscribed legitimately then I became addicted. I used for 2 years. Using cold water extraction going through about 40 pills a day...but CWD makes dosage hard to state.

I had never used bupe. I decided to quit oxy and read your stories. You all touched me and made me decide it was time. I bought BUPE because I did not think I could cold turkey, but I did!!! I quit without any BUPE

I MADE IT BUPE AND OXY FREE - 7 DAYS...I wasn't feeling well, but felt the need for bupe was moot. I was tired as hell all the time ...but I blamed the valium and was tapering back and actually beginning to exercise. Restless leg was gone.

TRAGEDY: My boss quit. They needed a lucid editor pronto. I had oxy or bupe....went with the bupe. I did .5 per 90 minutes until I could focus. It took 2mg for me to make it to work. I WANTED TO USE THE BARE MINIMUM

It has been 3 days.
DAY 1: I used 2mg (4 .5mg pillls) day 1 (I got up early and did a .5mg pill every 90 minutes until I was lucid - 2MG total)
I felt to much like I was on speed - I knew I could do less
DAY 2: 1.5MG bupe starting at 5am and doing .5mg every 90 minutes day 2 and
DAY 3: 1.25MG (I broke a pill part in half) slowly inducing every 90 minutes day 3.

DONE - They have hired a new editor and extended my vacation. I don't want to do any more bupe. I did it for three days in my life total, but in mid-post WD from Oxycodone, it was like speed for me. Even at 1MG I know I will feel like I drank 5 pots of coffee and so damn happy.

So what do I do tomorrow morning when I wake up feeling like shit again...ride out the cold turkey? What kind of damage do you think I did?

Can anybody tell me if I should expect an ass-whopping start over on the WDs again? Did I hit the RESET button?

What kind of crash should I expect? I am afraid of this ...I loved it. I must stop ASAP. Can I cold turkey?

HAS ANYBODY DONE JUST A 3 DAY BUPRENORPHINE RUN? The problem is that was post WD and opiod is an opiod.

1) Cold Turkey?
2) Taper?
3) Any suggestions or opinions please

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE LOVE AND SUPPORT YOU GIVE TO US - I AM SO CLOSE TO HAVING MY FAMILY BACK!!!!

[b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi WalterE -

I think you will be just fine. The worst that will probably happen (and I'm certainly no doctor) is that you might restart a few of your prior withdrawal symptoms, but you also might not feel a thing. Using it for three days isn't long enough for you to establish an addiction to anything. Bupe is no different. Think of it this way - you were 7 days off opiates, right? Well, you just took a different kind of opiate, that's all. To your brain, an opiate is an opiate, is an opiate. If your prior w/d symptoms weren't completely gone yet, then they'll still be there again. You just held them off for 3 days, that's all.

I hope that makes sense and might help a bit. I'd just go back to your opiate-free plan. Which btw, do you have one? Your plan is to not use suboxone maintenance and stay off opiates, but what else do you plan on doing for your addiction remission (recovery)? You don't have to answer these questions to me/us, but you might want to think about that because it will directly affect your success.

Good luck to you and welcome to the forum.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hi walter e'.and Welcome to the Forum. i never herd of it being done so quik. like hatmaker said it will effect your success ". and if your not strong enough to get through your recovery alone? this forum/ suboxone treatment from a doctor'and we allways run in to problems that will taunt us to make the wrong choice in life. the forum is here to help you make the best
of your self. Good Luck/ Johnboy.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Walter,

I don't think you've set yourself back, you took a pretty small amount of Bupe for a very short time. I think you'll most likely pick up where you left off at day 7.

Congratulations on getting off of Oxy's, that's monumental.....good job!!!

Now, like Hat asked, what are your plans to stay clean?? Failure to plan is planning for failure, if I were you, I would be thinking about starting to work some kind of recovery.

Stay strong man!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:18 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Bless you all for your support and advice,

I am a human rights lawyer in China - trying to promote rule of law. Got hit by a car and needed rotary cuff surgery. Oxycodone is OTC basically and I just got caught up. My plan sucks. I work 3 jobs. A top 3 law school, I am senior editor of an IP journal to promote improved IP law enforcement and train companies to follow WIPO and I just got hired by the largest telecom company in China to clean up IP. I also go to the gym at least 5 days a week and have a home recording studio.

I know groups work for some. Quick backstory - I failed the bar and got addicted to meth...600 days straight but dealt so lived large. Then one day I said screw it, someone passed me a line and I said I quit. Everybody laughed. I bought about 5 gallons of vodka, crawled into a bed and drank my way into the comfort of alcoholism; functionally addicted. I passed the bar and worked my way up to Assistant AG of a small state. I wrote legislation and had a golden parachute.

The alcohol finally got me, despite a daily gym routine. My pancreas nearly burst and I made it through a 1/3 chance of death and Hazelden in Center City, MN. Great place.

Stayed clean for over 1000 days. Tried meetings but it was just a competition of who lost the most and building had AA in big letters on it. In a town of 15,000 that isn't anonymous. As an atheist liberal in favor of legalization I didn't fit in. I hated group. So I built a recording and art studio in my basement.

But I was a regulator. The republicans took over and shut down all my telecom regulation cases. I went into private work and stayed clean except for a little weed. Makes me paranoid - only smoked when with old friends.

I was diagnosed with GAD and prescribed Xanax. I hate that doctor...but my bad - I never told him about my prior addiction problems. Nobody knew and I liked that. Xanax ruined my life. I become a benzo head in weeks and it changed my personality. Benzos alone ended it. I ended up back in rehab but lost my job. Then 2008 came and the economy crashed. No jobs. My work is very specialized. I got offered a job teaching US law for Samsung, LG Telecom and Hyundai....helping them get law degrees in the US in South Korea. I had student loans to pay off so I took it. But I could not speak the language and benzos lowered my performance but I also didn't like the practice of hiring prostitutes for our business meetings. It got me into human rights.

I headed to China and began teaching US law and doing Rule of Law work under the UN/EU program. Self taught myself IP and got hired as editor of a great IP journal. Found a beautiful woman. She - SHE cleaned me up. I had a couple beer relapses but nothing serious. Drinking is mandatory in China....I actually can drink and get drunk for business and not drink the next day. Happens 4-5 times a year. Total Clockwork Orange though. If I drink for more than a week my pancreas stops and I puke acid for 5 days and go down. I fear it. It is a necessary evil and I always sneak into the bathrooms during meetings and stick my finger down my throat to puke up the alcohol.

It landed me a job at Huawei!!! I met an American impressed with my IP writing and passed the "drinking" test and made lot of "Guanxi" - (connections) through my IP work for the journal. Huawei was impressed and my law degree makes me more qualified than the person I am replacing. Obviously that was a major factor in what made me want to go clean, but I was sick of the pills. I was angry all the time...I was not me. I did few days legal work after beating over 400 candidates and did a few days work and love it. Suit and tie, called "sir" again and run a team of Chinese lawyers. But the old lawyer is retiring...which allows me to replace him by being there part time until my contract with the university ends. This overlap is a great learning experience. I was there to just watch him, learn from him and will replace him part time until June then become the new head in June when he leaves. My salary doubles and I am a full-fledged lawyer again. My dream come true.

SPRING FESTIVAL: It is like the biggest holiday in the year so China stops for month and I get 9 weeks paid vacation every year, so I put that together with Spring festival to get myself 2 months to clean up my act.

Today is day WOW...today is day 600. lost count. Nothing to celebrate. I've been using so those 600 days were all Oxy and then some.

RECOVERY PLAN:
1) Woke up with wicked restless leg. Only did 1mg and I have to attend dinner to welcome new boss. I PREFER the feeling of less bupe. 1.5 is to jittery.
2) Tomorrow hope they (EDIT JOB) don't interrupt my vacation again and not use and sleep and use the estazolam to counter WD. It is the weakest thing I can find that stops the legs. I used to use Benedryl to sleep....just ordered some. Going to try to switch to the sleeping agent in that so I can adjust my sleeping schedule
3) Healthy diet, gym and daily schedule - but convalesce if WD dragging me down. Sleep it through and fight like hell to be free by Feb 6.

After Spring festival in China I work and always work about 50+ hours a week. I love each job and make a difference. 3 jobs seems like a lot but all are part time and the constant change in pace means it is not monotonous. I love teaching, I love editing, I love law. I get all 3 and still get to play my guitar and learn Chinese.

PLAN: GET TO FEB 6 CLEAN
PLAN PART 2: I will have 2 jobs (the senior editor work is from home in my free time) and will work about 50+ hours a week and go back to work. I quit but kept every single drug in my house. My mom only successfully quit smoking by keeping a pack of cigarettes on her at all time. The choice not to use has to be a choice so leave all my demons sitting right in front of me. I spent an hour crying a pool of tears with two boxes of Oxy in my hand during WD....but did not use them. That was a breakthrough day for me and the crying stopped. Yesterday, on the bupe, I actually laughed at a movie. I didn't feel high or low or crave or anything. I just felt normal. I will get there and it won't be on bupe. You can get anything you want in China - it is like ordering a pizza. They deliver - cash on delivery. I am stopping by choice. That is the real plan.

Thanks....heading into meeting with horrible Chinese food....pig nose, ears, intestine soup, pickled garlic cloves....I hate the dinners - GOD I hate the food.

YOU ARE THE KINDEST GROUP - THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT.
WORK HAS WORKED AS A RECOVERY IN THE PAST. I AM BETWEEN BUDDHIST AND AGNOSTIC, PRO-LEGALIZATION AND A LONER....THERE IS NO GROUP EXCEPT SITES LIKE THIS, SO MAKING FRIENDS HERE MAY BE MY BEST BET.

My daily yoga and meditation don't hurt so much any more and are helping, so I will amp up my 45 minute routine and repeat as serenity demands. I don't know if serenity is a higher power, but the quest is a higher calling. It helps.

Post subject: "Not" Addicted in 3 days
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:22 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I have not had time to read what everyone posted and I have been called away here in a minute but real quick I wanted to tell you yes there is short term bupe usage for detoxing and you will be fine. I have taken bupe for detoxing only twice both for 7-10 days and I was fine afterwards.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you for the reply. My only hope has been to be pill free. I will shoot for a 7-10 window as duty calls and I can't NOT work but am lowering dosage each day. Again, thanks.