It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:51 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey all. I'm coming here to the induction page to get help & support as I switch back from the oxycodone used after surgery. I have been keeping my oxy dose between 40 - 60 mg/day for one week since hysterectomy 5/29. Yesterday I took only 40 mg/total - by God's grace the pain really is minimal. If I'm honest with myself, have only really been dosing the oxy for WD symptoms bc if I keep up on my 800 mg motrin every 7-8 hours I have good pain control.
So addict brain is kicking back in. Surprise, surprise. I just took 15 mg oxy to ease my COWS of 15-18 (runny nose, yawning gooseflesh, restless legs, anxiety, diarrhea - not fun with a fresh belly surgery).
Dr J has an article on the site about how to transition back to sub after a c section - close enough for gov't work. He says I should be able to reinduce at as little as 4 hours after oxy dose. HAS ANYBODY TRIED THIS??? I am petrified of PW's, since even the thought of vomiting with 4 incisions in my belly makes me cringe.
Another thought is to wait until Friday when dear hubby is home and can be there for moral support. In that case I would take last oxy at 9pm Thursday, and reinduce with 1.5 mg sat am around 8 or 9 if I can make it that long.
Thoughts, comments, prayers, anyone?? I'm choosing 1.5 because for those who read my preop threads, I found 2 weeks into a stable dose for 1 mg (down from 3 over 6 weeks) I was experiencing WD's at abut the 18-20 hour mark. I have no need to be a hero. My plan all along was to go back on the lowest sub dose I can tolerate, and it looks like 1.5 is it.
Thanks for reading my book!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:19 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

just want to know that i support your book. lol sounds like some hard but u really sound like the plan is going ok. we would have cravings. no advice here but i wish what u need to get thru this

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks for the good thoughts, wisharer!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I would wait until your husband is around. Not only will it be better for you to have support if you need anything, or if there are complications, but you're also giving your tummy a few more days of healing time. Try and take only enough oxy to keep your w/d symptoms and pain manageable. As far as transitioning from oxy back to sub, I'd try and wait as long as possible just in case.. Dr J says 4 hours, if you can push it longer, I'd do it. Agreed that starting on a small dose of sub is best to see how you do, then adding to it when you know where you stand.

GL!!

Post subject: Back to Sub
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:44 pm 

My surgery was a bit different than yours but was also put on pain meds afterwards. Mostly I used 10 mg Lortabs with one script of 30 Oxy's. When I woke up one day I made the decision to go back on to my Suboxone again. Waited until noon and took my normal dose. No PW's or anything. Just felt better immediately.

So don't worry too much about it. The transition will be smooth. You weren't off Sub long enough to get it off your receptors anyway.

Good to see you on the mend and doing okay.

R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:06 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks you guys for your support! I am planning on making the switcheroo on Friday when my hubby is home. This whole process has been amazingly less painful than I expected; Rule62 and Tinydancer, Thanks! Especially knowing your transition was so easy give me hope, R62 :D
When I reread Dr J's article I realized the 4 hours was for someone who had stayed on suboxone throughout surgery and early recovery. That made me understand that for someone with 10 days of zero suboxone, I should push it back as long as I can and really wait til my COWS are up there. I have some comfort meds to help with the switch if necessary. Will watch movies, read books, loudly discuss politics with beloved, take short walks in my pretty yard soak up sunshine, soak in a hot shower and eat dark chocolate to make friday go by faster :lol:
Here's hoping I'll report on Saturday that it was a piece of cake!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:19 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey xonedone!

Im glad your surgery and aftercare has gone well. It sounds like you have a pretty good plan worked out for reinducing on sat. Like you said, youve been off sub for ten days now and also when you went off you were only taking .5mg, so its likely that by now you have pretty much zero sub on your receptors so its prob best to wait as long as you can. Anyway i hope saturday goes well for you. And btw i think your plan for passing the day on friday sounds like the perfect relaxing day to me :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I had a car accident while on Sub and was on painkillers for about 2 weeks I think. My doc told me I didn't need to re-induce. I took my last dose of pk's in the evening and then started my Sub again the next morning, after about 12 hours. I had no PW and was totally fine.
I hope you feel better soon.
Lilly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:05 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you Lily!! You guys are giving me hope. I will report in after I make the switch back to subs tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:07 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

BeautifulDisaster wrote:
Hey xonedone!

Im glad your surgery and aftercare has gone well. It sounds like you have a pretty good plan worked out for reinducing on sat. Like you said, youve been off sub for ten days now and also when you went off you were only taking .5mg, so its likely that by now you have pretty much zero sub on your receptors so its prob best to wait as long as you can. Anyway i hope saturday goes well for you. And btw i think your plan for passing the day on friday sounds like the perfect relaxing day to me :wink:

Thanks, BD - I hope it will be a lovely day, ending with restarting sub with no bad issues! Thanks for the kind thoughts.