It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:47 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I was just sitting here shelling Lima beans which were picked fresh from my garden today. Waiting for later is a big tub of purple hull peas, and about 3 gallons of green beans also to snap and put up. This is only from today, I can't even begin to tell you how much good stuff we have out there. It is a ton of work but it is so worth it to have that time to spend with my husband and kids. Last year this time I would have needed to have a fresh prescription to do the work I can now do anytime I want to. There was so much planning and lying involved with everything I did! It was exausting hiding my addiction! We also have quarter horses (hence the screen name) and we have ridden more in the last 3 months than we have the last 2 years combined. I am living my life again!!!! I can't tell you how good it feels not to be tied down to that bottle of pills, or even worse the phone when I am waiting on a call from a deeler. Hell, it didn't matter what I was doing when that call came in I would find any excuse I could to go get my stuff. It's so sad....

So I just wanted to share how much better my life is now with suboxone. Anyone else here have any old hobbies that you were able to take back up? How about relationships which have been strengthened because of getting off the pills? Whatever your story I'd love to hear it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:42 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Nothing ever came between me and hooking up with my dealer.. I hated myself for that.

I promised myself that I would never forget.. That whenever I was feeling down to remember how much worse of a situation I could be in and to never take my life for granted now.

Subs have done amazing things for me, I just can't be thankful enough.

Talk about a get out of Jail free card! It makes me mad when people give others a hard time about going on suboxone. When you are in the depths of addiction you have only 2 choices. Face sobriety head on and likely lose everything anyway cause you arent going to be able to function -or- get on suboxone and have it all given back to you plus some.

I'm glad you're well. I'm glad I am too.

Ryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:17 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

i feel the same way about the suboxone bashers. because of it i have a life and my bills are paid. granted, i dont want to be on it forever, and quitting aint easy, but things could be sooo much worse!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have to agree...............

there is more things going on in my life POSITIVE right now than there has been in the last 5 yrs, at least!!!

first, Im gettin out this hell hole apartment, that we've lived in for 6 years!! 5 of which I had the 'nods' for!!!

and I think Im getting a better paying job. Im sure trying!!!
but, at least I HAVE a job, that Ive been working at for a YEAR, something that hasnt happend, in at least 5 yrs.

and, I just got my teeth fixed ...... Now that hasnt all been peaches and cream, its been quite a process, but I know I look better!!

My grandma, has helped me do all of this. She used to hardly talk to me, always looked disappointed when she saw me, NOW she has an ear to ear grin whenever I walk up the driveway. SHES the only reason I could afford to get my teeth fixed, she cried when she saw me the first time with the dentures,
and since Ive been giving her about half my checks since I started working, thats how I managed to pay for the dentist, and the mobile home we just bought. CANT wait to move in!!!
My son will have a yard to play in, other kids to play with, a place to ride his bike, I just cant say enough.
OH< and Ill only be TWO miles from my grandma, instead of 14 !!!!!!
need I say more????????

I tried so many times to quit the pills before suboxone. So many times, I just ended up worse than the time before. I did things to my grandmother that the 'real' me wouldnt do to a stranger. Now, we laugh together almost every single day, I cherish the times I have with her. And its so great to have earned her trust agian.

so, I totally know what you mean. Im right there with ya.
my husband and I, its kind of like we just got married, Im not sure how to explain it?
I was so F-ked up for so long,
he (I) didnt know WHO I was???
and now , Im this completely different person, so its like we're getting to know each other all over agian. its good though, for the most part. We go to counseling, and that really helps.
Its just wierd, that the person Ive been married to for almost 9 years (on 7/26) doesnt really know me???

Anyone else go thru that?
I think we're 'gonna make it'
But its a process, just like the dentures, I guess!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:29 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Awwww, Amber that is so cool. I can feel your love for your grandmother and hers for you by reading that! It sounds like you are really doing well. I can totally understand what your going through with your husband. If you met him while you were in active addiction then there is no way he can know the real person inside you. All he got was the party girl. Isn't it funny how they call it that? Partying should be fun....usually when I would "party" it turned into something not fun at all. Mostly I would wind up barely concious on the couch or in bed....lot's of fun huh?

Anyway, I'm sure you will both do fine. There may be huge parts of you that he has to get to know again but the essence of who you are is the same. Hang in there. Congratulations on the new home and everything else that is going on for you now! I know your son must be excited to have his Mommy there for him and to be getting a better home with a yard to play in. Just think how far you've come!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:00 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

hey,what a great thread on how life can turn around for us. My life and hobbies came back a year an a half ago becuz of this wonderful med. After years(5) of chasing pills I've found recovery a great place to be.I'm back with my xwife of 22 years,love my work and have a great garden myself. My limas don't have pods yet but it'll be worth the wait. Tuff to grow here. Lol. Suboxonecan get a bad rap.I deal with it here with some 12 step addicts in town,but its my life,my recoveryand those close to have seen a big change for the better. And I thank this forum for the education it has given me an the maney great people on here.I havnt posted much the 3 months I've bn here but read everyday. Thankful for Dr J and everyone here! Good luck all and happy 4th! Razor..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

i can say i'm doing things i would not do if i was not on subs. i built a scooter with a solar panel on it,and feel good about it.
i do have problems with my family and they don't seem to care.