It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Accidents do happen
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:11 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

There's no question that addicts make up excuses or stories about losing meds, accidentaly dumping them in the toilet or sink, saying someone stole them, etc. (I'd actually be curious to hear some other stories of legitimate loss of meds) So the other day (Sunday, August 3) I had a genuinely valid "accident." I was doing a million house chores and I was putting my weekly meds in my 7 day old-person pill container thing, and I'm 28, but it works for me. My son, who is almost 5, was doing laundry and came in to my bathroom to get the laundry. I picked up the pile of dirty clothes to hand to him and a towel or pant-leg of a pair of jeans knocked my bottle of buprenorpine into the sink. I lost 16 of them and I take 3 a day. Most went right down the drain and the others were completely wet and destroyed. This incident left me with two 8 mg tabs left for Monday. Immediate terror hit me. I knew nobody was going to believe me about what happened. I have a fairly good record with buprenorphine in general, and have had no troubles with my current provider. I called my physician's office on Monday and the receptionist was very kind. She said I'd need to be seen, given the circumstances. She said I could be seen the next day, Tuesday, by another Suboxone doctor in the clinic. When I arrived at the clinic, I was asked to take a drug screen and then waited for about an hour to been seen by a physician I've never met before. I was a sqeeze-in appointment and was grateful that I could be seen, so the wait certainly didn't bother me. Finally, the doctor invited me back, invited me to sit, and asked me what was going on with the most intimidating look I've ever gotten from a woman other than my mother. I told her what happened and the whole time she had this look of disbelief on her face. It really made me nervous. After I finished explaining, she asked me some probing questions about my treatment in general and told me she'd bridge the gap to my next refill for me for 4 days. She indicated that this was my one chance to be helped in a situation like this. I felt so low. I don't think she was trying to make me feel crappy, but there's a stigma that goes along with things like this. I don't know what I'm worried about, but I guess I wish she had been more accepting of what happened and at least faked an expression of belief. Does anyone else have any similar stories whether truth or lie?

Post subject: Re: Accidents do happen
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:57 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Honestly, accidents do happen. Shortly after I bought bupe, the restaurant I was running was closed by the corporation. I was there with the 5 kids who worked for me tearing the place down for a couple days. Two of the kids were junkies who knew I was on bupe, and some other people around knew. I had a shitty old car that didn't lock, and being the naive trusting person I am, I left my backpack in my car with my script in it. Someone stole my whole backpack with like 30 strips, gabas, and other misc stuff like my nice headphones etc.

My dr is basically like the suboxone version of a pill mill. I knew there was no way he'd believe me or understand, so I ended up going without bupe for a week or two and then had to buy strips on the street so I wouldn't piss with no bupe in me. It was so fucking stressful, and I was sick all week as I was taking 20 mg.

I also have a friend in pain management who managed to lose his whole script of oxy that he'd just gotten for the month. He did the same as me, and then I had to find him some oxy... Crazy stuff but he is in very bad health and NEEDS his meds 100%.

I still get worried someone is going to come to my house and steal my script. I had $1500 cash stolen at the same time as my script, and I am so paranoid now it is unreal.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:09 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I've known family members, especially ones who had a lot of friends and/or clients coming in and out of their home offices/studios/whatever, lock their meds in a safe or a locked briefcase. Then carry around whatever they needed for a few hours or the day in a little container in their purse or something. Probably not a bad investment. There's also little lock things that you can put on purses/carrier type items.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:47 am 

All my sub is kept locked up.
Ive had sub clinic people over a time or two and in someway i cant trust them 100%.many are new..

You just never know who could make a grab.

In tbe clinic rooms ive heard ever reason you can thjnk of as to why there script went missing..and so has the staff..not once have i seen a script rewritten..they just wont..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:01 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

i don't usually put my med on the bathroom . i always put it on my cabinet or top of my side table. because accident do happen.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:47 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have a bad story also, one of deception. I only told one person where I hid my strips, and found that 8-10 were missing. They are worth sooo much on the street as most of us know. The person that took them sold them. I heard it from another friend she was trying to sell them to get weed. I did not believe my BEST friend could have done this to me so I counted and sure enough they were gone...smh. I cried and even though it has been like 4 months she and I barely speak. She insists that she didnt and I will never truly know. The one thing I do know is that they didnt get up and walk out all by themselves! They were hid in a space in between the walls that only she and I knew of and in a closed tight urine spec. cup that I had. I guess some sophisticated rat unscrewed the lid and only took enough to be high on the rest of 2014. LOL! I had no one to answer to because my doc discharged me for something outside my control long before I knew they were gone. I do have to agree that accidents do happen and everyone is subject to theivery. I guess most people know this from hearing it or experience... no hiding place is good enough. I put them under lock and key! Fire cant touch mine..lol!