It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

any body going through this. i broke so many f'n things that i some times better just leave things alone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey johnboy, what exactly are you breaking? Are you talking about breaking bones or something...like in your toes? Hehe, I laughed as I typed that because it just sounds funny!

Or are you talking about breaking things by accidentally dropping something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 4:33 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

stuff/ things/ junk i don't no some time i feel like an old man :lol:

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't know about anyone else, but the only thing mentally I've noticed since I started Suboxone (in 2008) has been the effects on my memory. Now, granted, I don't wander off during the middle of the night and forget where I live, but sometimes I forget things that I shouldn't. I'm still pretty sharp, but I used to have the ability to memorize my CC numbers that I pay bills with, and random things that I forget about now...

Not so much for clumsiness... just the memory thing.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

it could also be other medications like lexapro/ nuvigil. i guess i was not saying suboxone only.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

jonathanm1978 wrote:
I don't know about anyone else, but the only thing mentally I've noticed since I started Suboxone (in 2008) has been the effects on my memory. Now, granted, I don't wander off during the middle of the night and forget where I live, but sometimes I forget things that I shouldn't. I'm still pretty sharp, but I used to have the ability to memorize my CC numbers that I pay bills with, and random things that I forget about now...

Not so much for clumsiness... just the memory thing.

You're not the first person to say this. I do think this isn't isolated to buprenorphine. It's more related to opioids in general. Lillyval (I think it was her) said her memory problems were really starting to worry her, then when she got off Suboxone her memory was fine again, which was a relief for her.

I've found that when I'm on lithium or other mood stabilisers, adding any kind of mind altering drug or medication compounds the memory problems - whether it's alcohol, anti-depressants, or anything really. Which is weird, because apparently lithium and even anti-depressants are supposed to be psychotropic - ie helps neurons grow...

Overall memory problems from opioids I've found are, for the most part, reversible (though we don't do our memory any favours in our addiction that's for sure)..

The one thing that stood out for me in the times I went off Suboxone and attempted abstinence was how blurry my recollection of events / things was of the time I spent on Sub. It seems I can remember things from my life when I'm on Sub better while I'm still on Sub than after I go off it, if that makes sense?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:02 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I can't tell if I have memory problems or not. I have fibromyalgia, and it's known to include what's called "fibro fog", which includes a lousy-ass memory. Plus I figured a lot of my memory problems were caused from my previous drug abuse. I mean, it makes sense that all that shit we abused could have affected our memory, right? I should look up studies on that.

So for me at least, it's hard to isolate the cause of my memory issues. And if sub is contributing, well, I sure can't tell.

Um...where was I? Tee hee.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

your all very right about your memory problems". this thread is more about accident prone :lol: wow i can't believe i have the memory to say this :lol: ya no what'. i think it's the lexapro' because i have a friend who has been on it for 12 years' and hhhuuuuuuuuumm.

Post subject: Breaking Things
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:58 pm 

Sounds like my wife. Every single little knick knack we have is broken. Some very rare and one of a kind. She is just like her grandmother so no drugs are involved. Is this new or has it just begun?

How much Sub are you taking? The more mg's I take the more my brain is tired. When I tapered down to 1mg several months ago, I felt so much better mentally and physically. Right now I'm on 4mg's and some days I too feel like an old man. Seem to always need an afternoon nap. But then I've been really sick recently so it's probably that. Had my ass kicked by the gods of radiation therapy.

So I would look first at your dose. If not that then look at what other drugs you are taking. Maybe your body is saying it's time to get off the Sub, who knows? Mine tells me all the time but it's my mind that is not ready.

If you do lower your dose and it gets better, please post that information. It is something we'd like to know.

Keep a good stock of Super Glue like I do for the time being.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't have this problem (yet), but my mom does. Things literally 'pop' out of her hands all the time. She'll be smoking a cig, and it looks like the cig just jumps out of her hand all of a sudden, for no reason. She breaks things sometimes too. It happens to her all the time and we don't know why. It's really kinda funny sometimes because it just happens unexpectedly and catches us by surprise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:37 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yesterday I realized I forgot to pay this month's rent (I usually pay a day or so before the first of the month), and then my boss asked me where all the assignments I owed him were. I had finished them all on time, but then just totally forgot to e-mail them to him. This has been happening a lot lately.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

ah" it's the lexapro" i don't like to admit it because i like the shit and it keeps me out of what i thought subs were doing to me and i thought the subs were making depress- anxioty w/d and it was not, and the lexapro proved that except it makes me a little CRAZZY :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

ah" it's the lexapro" i don't like to admit it because i like the shit and it keeps me out of what i thought subs were doing to me and i thought the subs were making depress- anxioty w/d and it was not, and the lexapro proved that except it makes me a little CRAZZY :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

i don't no. maybe it was the subs and lexapro took care of it except for the crazy axccidents. and today i was told i have fluid in my inner ear and it's keeping me out of balance. i for got what it's called?

Post subject: Vertigo
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:26 pm 

Johnboy,

I doubt if either the Sub or the Lexapro would cause vertigo. Did you have a cold or flu recently? Are you over 75 years old? ;>) As far as just dropping things, I can see where the Lexapro might make you really jittery. It did me and I had to quit taking it. Ended up on Effexor and that works pretty good w/o many side effects.

Have you seen a Dr yet? They should be able to figure it out and give you some medication to ease the symptoms.

Hope you get better soon,

Rule

Post subject: Lexapro
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:52 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Rule,
That's funny that you had that experience with the lexapro making you jittery. I know several people who take it and swear it is the best stuff ever made. I felt the same as you when I took it. I felt like I was REALLY REALLY tense, like every muscle in my body was wound so tight it was about to snap. I was constantly on edge and jumpy and so jittery I felt like I was almost vibrating. I know, it sounds wierd. Needless to say I didn't last very long on it. I am now taking Pristiq. I don't have any side effects from it unless I forget to take it...then I get that really dizzy feeling that all those anti-depressants give you when you abruptly quit them. I guess the Pristiq works pretty well, I can't even tell I'm taking it. I just feel normal but my emotions are much more leveled out. And I don't have that really totally calm all the time thing. No apathy...I still react to things and have normal emotions.

Funny how different meds work on different people.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 6:29 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

johnboy wrote:
any body going through this. i broke so many f'n things that i some times better just leave things alone.

Johnboy,

I am looking at this from a nurse perspective: I went through a time when I was dropping everything..like my glass of tea would just fall out of my hand, etc...then i started to not make sense when I was talking..Long story short..it was my potassium levels..gone..zero..and this can be serious..can cause arrythmias with the heart..The dx finally was that I had a parasite that had ravaged my colon...They kept shooting me full of potassium iv and it would just go right out. In other words it may have nothing to do with the drugs you are taking. Maybe a good physical with your primary doctor would be a good idea.

Slipper