Entry way/lobby:

Induction/Exam room:

Office for motivational interviewing:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for the photos PA DocNusum.

If anyone actually wants to contact the clinic, this is the image with the photos undistorted.

**photo removed at request of DocNusum**

You can find out more about the clinic here:

**link removed**

You can find more about docnusum here:

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=5316
http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=5480

Last edited by tearj3rker on Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:10 am 
tearj3rker wrote:
Thanks for the photos.

I've noticed you have distorted the phone number and contact details. Why is it you don't want people contacting this clinic?

Because right now, I'm only open 6hrs a day ... 3 days a week... want to grow s-l-o-w-l-y... and continue my practice of general internal medicine and adult psychiatry

Also... since I do "medication assisted treatment" of nicotine, alcohol and opiates... just yesterday, I began negotiations with a large psychiatry group practice to contract with them to see/manage ALL of their addiction medicine patients on site in my practice. If this goes through... I will instantly have about 200 additional patients the day the contract is signed... and obligated to provide buprenorphine slots for these folks. So ... I'm keeping my growth at a slow pace and don't want to be inundated by phone calls of seekers off the internet.

Last edited by docnusum on Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:19 am 
Really... dude...???

So after I specifically stated that I didn't want that info posted... and obviously took the time to distort the address and phone number on that image... YOU decided YOU were going to post it anyway....!!!

Wow... !!
That is well beyond the pale and out of bounds... and the typical behavior that I spoke of in other threads.
You are simply validating the notions of the providers that hesitate to serve this population of patients.

As a moderator... YOU should know better... but I guess that amygdala got the best of you...

Post subject: ?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:05 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Dude!

Why would you post a message titled "Accepting New Patients" then blur your contact info? You messin' with us?

Thanks TJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:27 am 
Nope...
I am accepting new patients... and already have a waiting list.
Just don't want a bunch of phone calls since we are only open in the evenings 18hrs a week and already see about 15 patient per day when we are open.

I am the ONLY person that sees patients in this practice... so Right now I only do 2 inductions on Saturdays since they take about 3 hrs each... and see about 30 patients during the other 12 hrs (Thur/Fri) we are open. This will expand after the holidays.

Also... I'v purposely been trying to keep this clinic on the "Down Low" because its a small town full of "puritans" and I'm trying to afford my patients some level of anonymity as they come and go to and from the clinic.

I've had ALL SORTS of offers for free advertisements and flyers and circulars and radio spots and newpaper write ups about the clinic to "get the word out" in town about it...

To date... I've refused all of them because I don't want my patients identified as "those druggies/junkies" going in and out of "that drug building" over there... this is also why one can't tell what kind of medicine we practice from looking at the entrance and signage and why there is a curtain on that front door.

But as is unfortunately typical... those simple courtesies and considerations I tried to afford my patients will be stymied by a fellow addict without any boundries ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:36 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'll take down the photo now. I noticed it was unclear in the original one, so I found one that wasn't distorted. It wasn't clear that the original one was intentionally distorted, or just artifacted.

Please understand, DocNusum, that this forum and its moderators have allowed you to to promote your clinic here despite all the controversy that your posts have caused so far. We hope you will afford this forum and its members the same respect.

Last edited by tearj3rker on Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:42 am 
My patients Thank YOU...

If someone is in NW Washington state... north of Everett and looking for a clinic, they can send me a PM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:17 pm 
tearj3rker wrote:
I'll take down the photo now. I noticed it was unclear in the original one, so I found one that wasn't distorted. It wasn't clear that the original one was intentionally distorted, or just artifacted.

Nonsense... and transparent.
As normally a person would ask for a undistorted picture.... as you did... and post the one I supplied.
Its also laughable that you think those who read here are dim enough to think that YOU were actually trying to "look out for ME" and help me post a better pic of my practice.

When in reality... you were instructed by "others" to remove the pics and links...

Its sad commentary as to your perception of the intelligence of the readers here.

tearj3rker wrote:
Please understand, DocNusum, that this forum and its moderators have allowed you to to promote your clinic here despite all the controversy that your posts have caused so far. We hope you will afford this forum and its members the same respect.

More silliness.
To Anyone who has been following these exchanges ... it is CRYSTAL CLEAR that I'm NOT looking to "promote" my clinic here. Its also evident to all those who read here that I have been actually asked by several moderators here to provide info and basically prove that I really do have a clinic.

Hell from the first post... YOU have doubted my credentils, experiece, knowledge, and the existence of my private practice.
I've recieved a handful of emails and a few open forum requests... mostly from moderators requesting proof of/info about my practice.

NOW you have the audacity to try to act like YOU are somehow doing me a favor because I responded to your DOUBT about the veracity of my posts and the repeated requests for info....???

Yeah.. ok... right. :roll:

Btw... Sadly... its become doubtful that any of the moderators here have enough personal integrity left to confirm what I'm saying here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:09 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

wow not sure I would even want to go to a physician that acts this way....VERY UNPROFESSIONAL by the way....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:22 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

After doing a bit of reading and searching this forum, I've found that docnusum showed himself the door with the help of the moderating staff here...

He got his ass thrown out <------ in laymens terms.

I couldn't believe the attitude he showed in his posts, it was that indicative of someone like the character that Dr. House displayed. Maybe THAT is his role model...a narcissistic pill-addicted DR who solves the mysteries of the world....

I won't meander on about the guy when he can't defend himself, but obviously there was some kind of underlying problem he had toward addiction medicine, he almost seemed to despise the addicted community and dealt with us "cause he had to" <--- read his posts about "8-10-12 years post-bachelor studies" and such as that...

I also noted that he was ex-military, likely with some hint of PTSD because whether our veteran like to admit it or not, being dropped into a hot LZ with people shooting at you DOES leave a scar, it's something you can't just forget about. And watching people you went through boot camp with bleed out in front of you, while you watch helplessly, can have ever-lasting affects on a person. They may never encounter a scenario to deal directly with those demons, but may use other coping mechanisms to effectively deal with the past as it relates to the pain and distress they were subjected to and forced to undergo because of "semper fi" or whatever the branch might be...

So in some cases, maybe the attitude of people is relative to Opiate Replacement Therapy. Except in their scenarios, they are using Coping-Mechanism Replacement Therapy. Maybe it's therapeutic to be harsh on people who seek help for opiate addiction.

I for one am glad that the doctor I visit every 3 months is understanding, VERY nice, and courteous. I'm treated like what I am -- A PATIENT, and one with RIGHTS -- every time.

I have a pretty clear picture of what a visit to this particular person's clinic would be like if I lived near him, and I have to say, in my mind, this visit would be a harrowing experience to say the least.

AND, after a visit to this clinic, I would likely be on this forum complaining about the level of respect and attitude of the staff (since it's all family).

I have a story that could match up to this, but I won't go into that.

The doctor before my current one was in a small town (check Dadeville, Alabama)...

He's a regular MD with PCP patients, but he does his "addiction replacement treatment" at ANOTHER location away from his PCP office, and his wife was the coroner for that particular county (NOT the county I live in, by the way!)
His wife was also a DR, the office he used for his ORT treatment was his WIFE'S office that she used for PCP...but he used her office AFTER her office hours for ORT!!

So he would close his office..for instance...at 3pm and stop seeing PCP patients. THEN..she would close her office that is 20 mins from his, at 3:30pm...and SHE would stop seeing PCP patients. He would then travel, by car, to HER office, and open for his ORT patients at 4pm...until 6pm for Opiate Replacement Therapy.

Sound fishy? yeah, it did to me too. BUT..as we ALL know, we have to deal with some things in this treatment that we aren't happy with, and I dealt with this doctor until something better came along.
This guy was giving me crap that I didn't need...like Seroquel. He said I was bipolar because of some questionnaire I answered. I literally filled the thing out in like 2 minutes, and from that, he decided that I needed anti-psychotic meds..so I was put on Seroquel on my first visit. For THREE days after that, I woke up each morning throwing up....and I QUIT COLD TURKEY the Seroquel. Next morning...I was fine again..and only took Suboxone...and I felt GREAT!

Anyway..this doctor was cash only..no medicaid, no insurance for ORT...he only accepted cash. Sound more fishy?
Yeah, me too...
And when I took some cough syrup ONCE..during my suboxone treatment...without the stuff being prescribed to me..it was my wife's but I took some because of a cold I couldn't shake off....he found that in my UA and gave me FITS. I didn't really know what the stuff was, because I had been clean for nearly 2 years..and wasn't much into cough meds when I was an active addict anyway...so I didn't really know I had taken something with Codeine in it..until he piss-tested me. He came back and said "last month your UA came back with hydrocodone in it. Why?"

So I explained. I told him that we were both out of work, no insurance, no income except for our unemployment we got, and that we had some cough syrup from AGES ago that I took for a cold during that month. He said I couldn't do that..blah blah..and then said that I had to come EVERY week for the next little bit and take drug screens. Told me he wouldn't give me but ONE WEEK SUPPLIES of suboxone until I came and took a few piss tests.

I thought..OK, I messed up..I got to pay for my mistake financially. So I let bills go, and went to this quack for SEVEN FKING WEEKS IN A ROW. EACH TIME WAS A VISIT FEE OF $110!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He made $800 on me in 2 months because I failed ONE FKIN UA TEST! ONE. Out of ONE YEAR as a patient..I FAILED ONE TEST. I was PISSED! And in return, I found another doctor. And I told this doctor EVERYTHING..the cough syrup...the UA tests for 7 weeks straight..ALL OF IT.
I started out with complete honesty and it has paid off BIG. The doctor I see now is a 3-month doc, he's GREAT. But he told me..don't take nothing you aren't supposed to. You know what you should and should not take...don't do anything to mess-up the hard work you've put in! And I haven't either!

Glad to see the staff has taken care of the problems this guy created with his suggestive attitude...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:37 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

To be more clear, I found this after I posted the above, so he wasn't shown the door..he left on his own (which was obviously the best thing to do, because if he hadn't left, I'm sure he would've been banned by now)....

Diary of a Quitter wrote:
mrssky (and everyone else),

First, thank you for standing up to this bully.

Second, the mods have been looking into docnusum since the very begining. I can't go into details, but I'm happy to say that he has voluntarily left the forum and his account has been deleted, at his request.

As always, whenever you see a post that you think violates the rules (or the spirit) of the forum, please don't hesitate to PM a moderator.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:41 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Glad he is gone, now...

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

where did he fined all those clinic looking comfort pictures :lol: i found a couple that gives more of a treatment looking style :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:58 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

maybe he's related to dr.potenza and potenz to be a doc :lol: