It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:36 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello all! My husband and I have been on suboxone for over 2 years. We successfully came off of .5-1mg, well I guess not successfully since we found ourselves back on it. But that was in May. We found ourselves back on it due to the longer lasting depression WD's. We read that it is smarter, and better in terms of WD's, to taper. So here we are again.

We are down to teeny tiny pieces. We lost track after .25mg. He takes this crumb piece about every 20 hours, me about every 18. I have a harder time dealing with the tiredness of waiting to take it.

Anyway, we only have maybe 2 days of this left. So I've decided to make an account here, after reading quite a few of your stories! Thank you for them by the way, they've truly helped us!

We were able to get a couple Clonodine. 2 each. And a few Trazadone each from family members for when we make the jump. Last time we came off, the WD's weren't too bad. The worst part for us is not sleeping since we have a toddler and he works with his body ALL DAY & I have a part time job which I just recently got, to feel more like a person than a mama & wife(I'm sure the ladies can understand!)

Okay, I'm blabbing. I tend to do that. I would love any support and advise that I can get! We currently do not have health insurance due to the fact that it is crazy expensive since my husband owns his company. I cannot get prescribed anything. So any natural supplements you all can suggest would be great. We had no luck with Unisom, SleepQuil, NyQuil, Hylands Restless Legs or Ibuprofen.

TIA! :D

-JourneyBabe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:15 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Wow how cute a husband and wife team. That is great support I'm sure when you are both on the same page like you are. You guys gals have so much to be thankful for to have each other's support. I'm sure you know that. I will be stopping soon myself, so I may not be much help, but here goes, subs make you lose thyroid function so you t3/4 count is most likely low, hence the tiredness. Try some raw adrenal gland pills to boost it. I found some from a company called piping rock. Eating as health as you can will also help. Work out running walking. You body is going to take this like stress so boost your aminos L-glutamime, gaba, Ltyrosine, China seed all great sources. Multi vit. Pro biotic for you belly and some fiber. Sleep that's tough try some melatonin or L-tryptophan may help. Hot baths before bed. Sex, and a b complex never hurts. All over the counter well except the sex :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well, we've cut down to even smaller pieces today. I have to say I still feel great! I didn't have any RLS last night, and I woke up and hadn't taken any Sub in 23 hours. I took a microgram piece when I woke, and felt sleepy but once the 45 mins passed, I felt fine! I honestly can't be taking more than .125 (not great with Math). And as I said before, we have maybe a total of .5mg of an 8mg strip left. We're cutting the smallest pieces we can.

Anyway just keeping a log. Thanks for anyone reading!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

dirtyblonde wrote:
Wow how cute a husband and wife team. That is great support I'm sure when you are both on the same page like you are. You guys gals have so much to be thankful for to have each other's support. I'm sure you know that. I will be stopping soon myself, so I may not be much help, but here goes, subs make you lose thyroid function so you t3/4 count is most likely low, hence the tiredness. Try some raw adrenal gland pills to boost it. I found some from a company called piping rock. Eating as health as you can will also help. Work out running walking. You body is going to take this like stress so boost your aminos L-glutamime, gaba, Ltyrosine, China seed all great sources. Multi vit. Pro biotic for you belly and some fiber. Sleep that's tough try some melatonin or L-tryptophan may help. Hot baths before bed. Sex, and a b complex never hurts. All over the counter well except the sex :D

Thank you dirtyblonde! It is definitely nice to have him on my side and going through the same thing. But he works so much, it's nice having this forum!
Where can I get the L-tryptophan? Any store? We eat pretty healthy as is. We're on the Paleo Diet which is no processed foods, as little dairy as possible & no grains. Basically meat, fruit, veggies, raw dairy & nuts :D

Last edited by JourneyBabe on Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:55 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

That's so great that you and your husband have each other! My husband knows what it is like, but there's nothing like knowing someone who's going through what you are each day. Who is sneezing, yawning, exhausted, and can't sleep with you. How nice!

You will really get much out of this forum. It has some amazing people, with great insight! They always reply, and they always cheer you on. They won't lie to you, and they won't sugar coat things, either.

I'm so happy you decided to taper! Tapering is definitely the way to go. I'm not sure how much that teensy tiny piece is going to make a difference, but we all do what we can to get through the WD's, with as little pain as possible. I'm sure I would've done the same, if I'd had more on me when I quit.

I really hope that you don't feel much in the sense of WD's! Keep us posted, okay!?

-Carissa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:42 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

GNC is where I know you can find most all but the adrenal gland pill. if you do an internet search you be able find it all at one place try piping rock .com or GNC. They may or may not help I just do a lot of reading and these are things I remember people have posted along the way. Others on here may have better advice. To be real time is your only true help, But I figured since you asked I would post. The major one is the adrenal/thyroid since they say subs drop this level. That is the master gland in you body. The thyroid controls how your body's cells use energy from food, a process called metabolism. Among other things, your metabolism affects your body’s temperature, your heartbeat, and how well you burn calories. If you don't have enough thyroid hormone, your body processes slow down. That means your body makes less energy, and your metabolism becomes sluggish, tired and depression. This is your slowest area to come back, I think this is why people suggest a supplement like above to help.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:14 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

If you are taking 0.25 or less you have basically stopped already. The level in system is very small and wd will be very gentle. There will be some mild wd as a little bit still in system and the remaining few receptors will need to repair when this last tiny amount is removed from them. If your pupils have returned to normal size then sub not really working.
Dont fret, its going to be not too bad.
A week of tiredness etc.
What i did was just rest and eat well. No other meds except for ibuprohen. Very doable even at 0.5/0.75 jump.
I'm off almost 5 or 6 months now. Jumped at 0.5 or thereabouts.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:24 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

c1234 wrote:
If you are taking 0.25 or less you have basically stopped already. The level in system is very small and wd will be very gentle. There will be some mild wd as a little bit still in system and the remaining few receptors will need to repair when this last tiny amount is removed from them. If your pupils have returned to normal size then sub not really working.
Dont fret, its going to be not too bad.
A week of tiredness etc.
What i did was just rest and eat well. No other meds except for ibuprohen. Very doable even at 0.5/0.75 jump.
I'm off almost 5 or 6 months now. Jumped at 0.5 or thereabouts.

Thanks for your encouragement! I figured that the doses I was taking was almost pointless. I think we're mainly doing it to relax our minds. It does help us sleep & get through the day! We took out last pieces tonight just now. So I'm excited to see how this turns out. I will keep ya'll in the loop.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:43 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Well, it's been 27 hours since our last dose. I was pretty tired throughout the day. My husband let me sleep from 11:30pm-12pm last night. Such a nice guy! After that I was still pretty tired & took a nap when my son did at 3pm. After that, I wasn't tired but still yawning and watery eyes. My legs started to get restless as well around 7pm. I'm not sure if it was in my head, because I'd gone that long without a dose plenty of times without feeling RLS. I took 50mg of Trazadone and I don't feel it now, but I have insomnia. Hence why I'm awake at 2:40am!!

All in all, I'm not feeling too badly. Though I know usually the worst days are 2-4. My main worry is RLS. I don't have to have my job, but I like my job & want to keep it. I know that last time we went through this, I wasn't able to do much for a week. I'm hoping since it's my job and I'm going to be focusing on something else that I won't feel as badly as if I were sitting around all day everyday.

I'm going to try to keep a journal here so that I can see where I'm at in a week. Thanks for reading, all.

27 Hours - Tapered from 1mg daily to .125(approx., basically crumbs) daily. One a day.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:55 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

mamatomonkey wrote:
Well, it's been 27 hours since our last dose. I was pretty tired throughout the day. My husband let me sleep from 11:30pm-12pm last night. Such a nice guy! After that I was still pretty tired & took a nap when my son did at 3pm. After that, I wasn't tired but still yawning and watery eyes. My legs started to get restless as well around 7pm. I'm not sure if it was in my head, because I'd gone that long without a dose plenty of times without feeling RLS. I took 50mg of Trazadone and I don't feel it now, but I have insomnia. Hence why I'm awake at 2:40am!!

All in all, I'm not feeling too badly. Though I know usually the worst days are 2-4. My main worry is RLS. I don't have to have my job, but I like my job & want to keep it. I know that last time we went through this, I wasn't able to do much for a week. I'm hoping since it's my job and I'm going to be focusing on something else that I won't feel as badly as if I were sitting around all day everyday.

I'm going to try to keep a journal here so that I can see where I'm at in a week. Thanks for reading, all.

27 Hours - Tapered from 1mg daily to .125(approx., basically crumbs) daily. One a day.

"the only way out is through"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:57 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I want to apologize to those on this forum who have been a huge help to me.

JourneyBabe, is a dear friend of mine. Her husband and herself moved across the country & are staying with me until their home closes escrow. We did not feel it was necessary to state that we knew each other, as that's not what is important here. She needed help with the WD process, and I'd told her how much you all helped me.

I have been accused of creating a second identity and I'm disgusted. I'm not sure what type of person would do this, but it isn't me. What would I gain by creating a second profile and pretending I'm going through this process all over again? I could see accusing someone, if one of us had made fun of someone, or said negative things. But that's not at all what's happened here.

Apparently, JourneyBabe forgot to log out of my account when posting her update. Now her account has been deleted. She has decided not to create a new one in hopes that this will blow over for ME personally.

I've enjoyed this forum very much. I love to give advice and have received some great advice as well. I've PMed with a few of you & shared laughs & also felt like this was an amazing place of support. It saddens me that I wasn't asked like an adult what the situation was.

I hope to be able to continue to come here and share my advice & "wisdom" with others who are in need. Please forgive us for..,I'm not sure, using the same laptop?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:14 pm 

Mamatomonkey, there are people who create second accounts on this site often. They do it to always have another "poster" to support their ideas, or they are trying to stir up more conversation on their thread. Some are trolls, but many are not. But if the mods see something that doesn't make sense, such as you posting on another account, we are required to follow it up. Moreover, I don't know why any mod who saw this discrepancy would think that it's anything but someone making a second account and losing track of which one they were on at the time. If I had seen it I would have followed the same action as the mod who contacted you.

There is definitely no reason to be disgusted or angry. It's just a simple matter that needed clearing up. The moderators here are volunteers and are taking time out of their lives to help the forum run smoothly. Sometimes we make incorrect assumptions, but we are not here to accuse or abuse. An apology, however facetious, is not necessary because no one knew there was a problem except you, your friend, and the mod who brought it to your intention.

I will be checking to make sure that your friend's account is reinstated in the next couple of days, whether or not she wants to post here again. If you are having an issue with another mod, feel free to contact one of the others via PM. Although, I have to tell you, we present a pretty united front.

You and your friend are both welcome here. No one was besmirching your reputation or integrity.

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:46 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thank you, Amy. I really appreciate your response.