It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: About me
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:09 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello. My name is Deb. I am a 45 year old wife and mother, and also a nurse. I am almost done with graduate school. I am also a drug addict, and have been since the day my dentist gave me percodan after having a tooth pulled. I was hooked immediately because the drugs seemed to fill a whole inside me that had been waiting to be filled all my life. I started out by doctor shopping, stealing pills out of peoples medicine cabinets, stealing pharmacies, and more. My parents put me in treatment several times in Connecticut and New York, and finally at the tender age of 27 they sent me on to Hazelden's extended care program at the end of 1989. I had an awesome counselor named Russell. He told my father not to pay my bills, but to mail them to me. I was horrified at the time, but learned that being responsible hugely impacted my self worth. Anyway, I got sober, went to halfway house in Duluth, MN, and remained sober for over 8 years! I worked the program daily, but stopped doing that when I started having babies. After the third baby in 2.5 years, I relapsed bigtime and it took me 3 treatments close together to get sober again. But, I did, and remained sober for 6 years this time. I became a nurse and had a great job, I was teaching for the college, I was a wife and mom, and then one day I go an email from a recruiter about a job in Iowa. I ignored my inner voice that cautioned me, and ended up moving to Iowa, having an affair with the recruite, and having my husband and children walk out in the end. It was horrible. I went to treatment in january of 2006, at which time I went on subutex. I was on it for the past 3 years and is the drug that I am detoxing from now. That is it in a nutshell, but without details that would make this too long to read. Deb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome Deb! Quite a story thanks for sharing :)

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome, Deb.
You've come a long way and have a lot to be proud of!
Very good to meet you.
Melissa