It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: About me??
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:10 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello everybody. Or Hey y'all. My name is Dave. Been here as a curious observer for a few days now. Ready to become a little more active. I have a lot to offer. But I'm looking for a 'My Story' or 'About Me' tab... I'd love to know a little more about who I'm communicating with and in turn provide others with a little background on me....I'm certain everyone here has a story to tell without clogging up the forum posts...am I missing something here??

(I know some of us are totally private, that's fine too)

Post subject: Re: About me??
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello there Dave/dhatz,

Welcome to the forum. You're in the exactly the right place to tell us a bit more about yourself,that is as much as you're comfortable sharing, and yes some are more comfortable sharing more than others. I think you'll find our members to be kind and knowledgeable and honest and try to answer questions as quickly and accurately as possible. I'm certain your contributions will be well received and appreciated, as we all in recovery have something to offer one another... Hope and encouragement!
There's also another topic heading called "addiction issues, with a section called "my addiction story,where you could also share.

Lizzie

Post subject: Re: About me??
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:20 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi! I was on 60 mg ms contin 3 times a day for severe pain (didn't start that high of course) and we switched to Suboxone 8/2 2 x day for chronic pain. the first two weeks were so great, then i started to have "waves" of dizziness and what i thought was my heart rate but later its actually sore to touch it so i don't think it really is... dropped to 6 mg a day and got a tiny bit better ( but also have been moving much slower and resting a LOT more than usual as i am always worn out suddenly, do have some nausea moments but after 4.5 years of morphine daily that's not too unusual- maybe a tad worse-does anyone know if Sub dosing could be this?? I can't tell and on the lower dose i do have more pain and occasional " i should just go back to my morohine" thoughts, but would rather feel like the first two weeks on sub. anyone here that can direct me???? My dr says nothing of help- mostly just things like well we cantry lower but it's up to you- mainly because i DO HAVE the medical records and proof of chronic severe pain, yet i made this choice to try life without opiates as I saw the need of my morphine start to increase maybe more mentally than physically- so I wanted to stop BEFORE i was in a bad situation. addiction is strong in my history so being careful i calll it?! lol. THE WORST PART THOUGH-i HAVE THOUGHTS OF MORPHINE DAILY ON THE LOWER DOSE!! I have been at this now though for 4 weeks after the initial HELL of no morph so really want this to work out. :(