It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:57 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello all!

First off, I wanted to thank everyone SO much for all of your helpful information and stories. Thanks to your help, after a year of taking suboxone I was able to taper down and eventually jump off at .125 mg every other day with literally no withdrawals. The most I was ever taking was 4 mgs a day. I tapered over a period of two months. I wish I could say I had a strict schedule for how I did it but I didn't. Over the two months I had low-mild withdrawal. The hardest thing for me was going from 1 mg a day to .5 mg a day. Then tapered down further to .125 every other day and stopped with no pain.

Unfortunately I'm back. I have a prosthetic eye (which was what started by addiction in the first place) and over the past 6 months the pain has been almost unbearable. Thankfully I got a new prosthetic and the pain is almost completely gone. I have been using roughly 120 mg of oxycodone a day.

This time I have 12 mg of suboxone and I'm going to attempt short-term detox. Believe me, I know the risk of short-term use of sub but because I really don't feel like I want to get high, only take care of the pain, I'm not worried about training my brain to not use.

I really want to include all of you in this short journey. Any suggestions and support would be so welcome :)

My last dose of oxycodone was 60 mg at 8:30 PM tonight. I'm going to listen to my body and wait until I'm in withdrawal. I'll try to wait until at least 2:30 PM to take my first dose. Definitely don't want to kick myself into precipitated. My plan is 2 mg tomorrow and then really just listening to my body for the next 5-7 days

I'll let you guys know how I'm doing tomorrow (actually today wow I'm up late) and when I take my first dose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:34 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi AppleGuy,

Welcome to the forum!!!

You sound like you already know what you're doing as you've done a good taper before, that should help you make your way through this taper too.

Do you have any kind of time frame as to how long you're going to take Suboxone this time? I'm just a bit worried that 12mg may not be quite enough to complete your taper.

Post subject: Waiting until tomorrow
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:59 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks for the response. I'm going to try a 5-7 day short detox so I think 12 mg will be sufficient but I am getting another 8 mg tomorrow just in case I need it.

I had significant pain today so I took 60 mg of Oxy.

I'll be starting the detox tomorrow. My plan is just to get through the physical withdrawal by using sub for 5-7 days. I think if I keep the sub does low and use it for only a week I shouldn't withdrawal from the sub.

I'll update you tomorrow :)