It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello everyone! I am happy to have found this site for support. I sure will be needing it in the weeks to come...
(Please excuse any spelling errors...I am attempting this post from my phone!)
A quick background...I started at 15 with injecting oxycontin and eventually moved to Heroin. I got clean in 2005 and between 2005 and 2010 I stayed clean from opiates, got married and had two beautiful sons who are now 5 and 6
2011 was NOT my year. After I had my kids I didnt seem to have any thoughts of using again...even after being a heroin addict for 10 years and living on the street. ...in and out of jails and rehabs....I felt like I was cured! Yeah....NOT so much there cocky pants...
I am bipolar and have extreme anxiety which sometimes causes me to panic over leaving the house...it was easy to deal with as a stay at home mom but in 2011 I had to get a job......after not leaving the house for 6 month at a time or longer...for 4 whole years..suddenly I had to get a job.
On my first day at the new job my husband found out he needed back surgery and was prescribed roxicodone (sp?) I had no clue what they were but I quickly figured it out and by day 3 of my job I was stealing his meds.
I went on that way for 8 months before his script ran out and I confessed to him what had happened to his pills. I went to detox completely defeated and feeling like a HORRIBLE Mom. A week out of detox...I met someone with a connection who moved in next door to us...and I was back to square one in a week or two. I was too embarrassed and ashamed to admit I had relapsed so I found a dr and got on suboxone.
That was Nov 2011. I found out Jan 2012 that I was pregnant and was switched to subutex. I ended up having a miscarriage at 11 weeks :(
After that I decided to jump off of my subutex from 8mg a day. I went for a full month before I couldn't take it anymore and went back on.
I have now tapered myself to .5mg every OTHER day. My Dr has given me Clonidine and advised me to go to every other day and then if I want to, every third day...and then CRAWL off.
I am absolutely terrified of withdrawal. I have come off of 150mg of methadone while in jail in my teens...I have kicked heroin and oxys/roxys countless times cold turkey. ..but for some reason...subutex has me absolutely scared to death!!!! I am having trouble finding success stories bc obviously people who succeed in this don't come back to share their stories as much as the people who have horror stories to share!!! I have been at .5 every other day for about 2 weeks now and I was surprised that I have felt NO SYMPTOMS during this time of any type of withdrawal. I guess I am just looking for support and positive experiences to help me do this once and for all!!!! I am planning to go to every two days from here...I took my .5 today(Thursday) and plan to not dose again until Sunday. I am really hoping that I can do this with as little discomfort as possible for the sake of my two kids who have been through quite enough! Not to mention my husband who is 100% supportive and constantly telling me how proud he is that I am down to this low dose from the 16mg I started at in Nov 2011. Hopefully the clonidine will help me to deal with the anxiety. Anxiety and restless legs are the two symptoms I am such a wuss about! Anyhow....any positive stories or support are greatly appreciated! I am motivated to quit but I am just very afraid! Thank u all for reading my novel!!!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi there and welcome!

If you are already to every other day, I think this will be easier than you think. I know what you mean about the anxiety of detoxing from subs, for some reason anxiety is elevated around this particular drug. For me, I found the fear to be greater than the actual feelings at any given moment. I am almost 6 months free of opiates/ subs. It hasn't been a breeze but there hasn't been anything that I can't handle so far. I'm still a baby in my recovery and I can't say what will happen down the road for now I'm holding it together well and it feels good.

Tricks that helped me tremendously were music, hot baths, epsom salts, advil, sleep aid, walking.

I really don't think it's going to be as bad as you're expecting. Hang in there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:20 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Congratulations to you! I cannot WAIT to be free of this! Thank you so much for responding! It helps so much to hear from others who have been where I am! :)

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:29 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hello Salem,

I recently went through the withdrawals, and am still hitting some bumps in the road at 22 days. However, I'm borderline completely normal now. My thread is a few below yours if you want to read about my overall struggle and triumphs.

You're already to a very low dose, and able to skip days without discomfort. That's amazingly impressive and should make your overall transition even easier than mine. I took a more...stupid route.

What sounds really great about your situation is your support system. I absolutely abused my system to death. I also raked a few select minds on this website for information and to vent about my problems. You sound like you've got all the goods already.

I got clonidine on day 10? Or something. I didn't sleep a single day before that period, once I got clonidine however, success! Beautiful success! Unisom also helped.

The biggest issue I've had and seen with people jumping is allowing negativity to consume them. It sucks. There is no way better to put it, it sucks. Tapering seems to help reduce the suck however. You're already 95% there aha! Stay positive. Stay positive for your husband and children. Use them to strengthen your will and achieve your goals.

My biggest issue in quitting was fear of withdrawal symptoms. It seems petty and ridiculous, by day 10 the majority of symptoms had died down considerably. The worst part for me was the anxiety. It's bad for a few days. I'd say now on day 22 its the insomnia which was overall the most annoying however.

Hot Hot Hot baths & showers, massages from the hubby and exercise can help drastically with the RLS. Also helps with just feeling like crap and sorry for yourself all day.

Keep your mind busy. Avoid sitting around. Even if you don't sleep one minute in 10 days you'll never feel tired, use it to your advantage. Please please don't do what I did and lay around all night if you absolutely know you're not going to achieve sleep. Makes you crazy.

Listen to a motivational video or read a motivational positive writing. It really can help boost your spirits.

I turned into a big emotional cry baby for about 8 days. I cried when I'd hear a song. I'd cry if I read a supportive post, I'd cry if a tree looked pretty. It helped. You'll feel more emotions coming off completely, you'll feel like the world is more shiny.

If you ever need to talk feel free to inbox me, suboxone withdrawals aren't fun, but they are absolutely bearable. You'll conquer this just like you beat the other opiates in the past.

Take a look at the post from Hopespring in this forum & the bupe in the rearview mirror.

Be positive even when things seem bleak! The quote that I burned into my brain goes something like this -

"Pain is temporary, it may last a minute, an hour or even a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place."

Happiness and more emotions then I've felt in years took its place.

Salem I wish you the best. Stay strong and do not fear the jump. The jump is the easy part, tapering was the hard part!

-WantToBeFREE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

How CRAZY is it that I was posting on your story at the same time you were over here posting on mine! LOL! Awesome we have psychic powers! Haha. Thank you SO MUCH for the support and for sharing your story! I am more motivated than ever after reading the thread with your experience! I know I can do this!
Im already all emo....I got all weepy over that quote! !! Thanks for sharing!!!!!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:15 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Haha psychic indeed! You absolutely can do this and that's the beautiful part.

Keep updating us with your progress. It's amazing to have somewhere to vent. I vented a little too much to the wife and it drove me to reach out and find other people that either were going through this or have already done so. It's hard for someone to understand it without going through it.

You're going to kill it Salem!

-WantToBeFREE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:44 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you so much!!!!!!! I plan on tapering all the way to .5 every 2 days and then making the jump. I am secretly hoping that when Sunday gets hereI will not feel the need to dose and I can just go for it! We shall see!!!! I will keep the thread updated for sure!!! SO thankful to be able to talk to oothers who understand! !!! I hope you sleep well!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:58 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi Salem13, welcome to the forum! Wow, you are an amazing person being off of opiates for FIVE WHOLE YEARS! Especially after a heroin addiction, and getting married and raising 2 kids and not using that whole time -- You rock!! I understand how you use to treat your anxiety. That is the number one reason that I use. I was also a heroin addict. The fact that you quit for five whole years and dedicated yourself to your family is absolutely amazing. You have certainly built up the skills that you need to quit subutex. Quitting subutex at .5 is SIMPLE. Trust me. I have never ever kicked heroin or OCs cold turkey. I always had some pieces of suboxone to help me through it, so I don't actually know what it's like. I just know that if you gone through that, you will realize that stopped at .5 will be surprisingly a cinch. I have jumped from suboxone many times, but I have had 3 actual "quitting" periods (that lasted more than a few days -- although it never lasted a week, I admit... I ended up turning to heroin every single time. On the subs, I did not even think about using heroin, for many many months.) The first time was at about .5 and the other two times I think were closer to 1 mg. Now, like I said, I never made it a week, so I suppose you might want to take my opinion with a grain of salt, but I will tell you this much: I experienced the physical withdrawals and they were pretty much over all 3 times I jumped. It was just I would end up feeling a grain of anxiety and was around heroin so I slipped up. But as far as the physical stuff went, pretty much I would take Valerian Root (get it at Wal-mart in the vitamin section) at night, which would not completely knock me out, but I still got good sleep. I took somas too but you might not be able to get those. I also had restless legs, and the Valerian would help me sleep enough that the legs didn't really bother me. I would take naproxin (advil) to take the edge off of the legs and also I would have a heating pad on them. The heading pad would take care of the leg cramp feeling 100%. The only other physical thing that bothered me was just the dope sick feeling that I can't really describe, but you know what it's like, sort of like you can't sit still and just want to groan or something. But that never got bad. I did sit at home and watch TV most of the time and it went by quickly. On day 3 of the first time I tried jumping, I went to town and shopped at walmart and took my car to the mechanic and I was fine. The physical stuff is TOTALLY doable at .5. And plus with the clonodine, I think you will pass this with flying colors!

Now, I can't say much about the mental stuff, since I never made it a week. But I will say, during the physical stuff, I didn't really have any mental problems at all. I was actually really positive. And I have been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder ever since I was 9, and I still have it. And I am younger than you and don't have as much experience withdrawing from opiates, so if I can do it, you will have no trouble at all. I will say that around day 6 of the second time I jumped, I had a little anxiety, and I caved because there was a shit ton of brown around for free, but I feel that I could have plowed through the anxiety and been just fine. And plus you will have clonodine, and I think that helps your body relax. Also, Valerian Root really helps with anxiety. So you can take it early in the night if you have anxiety at night, and then it will help you get to sleep later too. When you jump, if you have a little anxiety, I know that you have your family to help which you are sooo lucky to have, but if you ever need someone else to talk to, just come post it on the forum and we will be there to talk to you and make you relax. Please send me a message too if you want. I know what it's like to have anxiety and have no one to talk to.

Also, I have made a recent observation. I was doing subutex for a few months, and then recently I got suboxone strips again, and I can feel my dose WAYYYY more. I think that the subutex does not absorb as well (and I was real anal about it even, like I would not swallow for 45 minutes, and I would not talk or yawn or open my mouth for anything). So, actually, even though you are at .5, you might even be at an even lower dose than what I know to be .5, so it might even be even easier for you! Trust me, .5 is very easy. It's not like you are going to have zero symptoms what-so-ever, but I promise you, the physical stuff will be very light and it will be over in 3 days. Day 2 is always the worst for me --- and it is not hard at all. Whenever day 3 rolls around, I always say, "Wait.. that's its?? That's seriously it?? HAHA!"

Good luck, I'm rooting for you!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:00 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Hi Salem,

From what i see your at .25mg per day on average.
If you jump now, it won't be too painful, but will go on for a couple of months, of slight aches, and general insomnia, and malaise.

It will be nothing compared to your SAO's like oxy etc.
If you wanted to avoid malaise, and most symptoms except insomnia(seems inescapable), just taper to .04mg or similar.

Unfortunately, the only way to avoid insomnia, it would seem is to taper to .005mg or lower.
I got to .02-.04 mg ~, jumped, and got a few weeks of insomnia, and thats all.
I was finding it hard to microdose, at those levels, and just thought stuff it, lets jump, and get this over with.

Symptoms peak at day 7 to 11, so you'll know pretty soon, how you are feeling.

HS

I really wish we could get those patches at .05 mg, for tapering. I bet with those, you could avoid all symptoms, if you put your mind to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:13 am 

Welcome to our forum! It sounds like you've been on a real roller coaster for the last few years! There aren't many of us here that haven't gone through the cycle of quitting/relapsing a few times.

I have a couple of questions for you, and I'm not asking them to challenge you. I'm just curious. If your taper has gone really well until now, why not taper down further to .25 mg? Why stop at .5? I've been tapering too, and I'm at 2.75 mg down from 16 mg. I've been going pretty slowly, but I plan to go to at least .25 mg before I stop completely. With the films this is quite easy to do.

I'm also wondering if you have been working on your recovery outside of using suboxone. Since you've had a couple of relapses fairly recently, what are you going to do this time to keep from slipping? Do you have an addictions counselor or a support group? It's awesome that your hubby is being so supportive! That's always SO helpful!

I identify with you quite a bit about your initial reluctance to leave your house very often. I'm trying to push my comfort zone, but it's uber easy for me to go into hermit mode!

I hope you stick around and let us get to know you! We have a great group here with much collective wisdom, so ask any questions you have!

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I would like to respectfully disagree with hopespring, or at least say may experience was different. I went off Sub after dosing at 0.5mg/day for a few weeks. It was nothing like going off of full agonists. My worst physical symptom was severe chills (I know, stupid, right). I had virtually none of the RLS, pain, stomach issues & sweats that normally characterize opiate WD. I would say my WD lasted about 3 weeks, and when I say WD I mean the feeling or having zero energy, dragging, depressed. After that it was pretty much uphill - not that I was perfect, just that I felt mostly normal. So, hopefully I am one of those success stories you were looking for - and remember, that's at TWICE the dose you are on now.

ALSO - when you get down to those low doses, like you are on now, Sub no longer has a 36 hour half life. It works like a short acting opiate. So you probably have heard that WD doesn't start until day 3. Well that is true if you are going off a high dose (2mg and above). At 0.5mg the dose is out of your body within a day. So those days you are skipping? That is how you will feel in WD - because you have nothing in your system on those days. So if you feel normal, I'm thinking you will feel pretty normal when you go off.
I believe you will be fine. The hard part is maintaining your sobriety. A lot of people say, I'm so ready I haven't had a craving in two years - I'm over that. But they dont realize it's the Sub thats covering the cravings. You've been around the block a few times, so I think you know what you're up against. But be vigilant - it sneaks up on you,
Good luck,
Lilly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:22 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

First of all....thank you everyone for the amazing support you have given me...and I just joined this forum yesterday! !!! Awesome to hear experiences of people who can relate!! Because I am posting from my phone. ..it will not allow me to view the thread while I am writing this, so I apologize for not being able to address all of your comments or questions by name (my memory is wretched!) For the question regarding tapering further down...I have done some reading since I wrote the above comment and I am toying with the idea of two different approaches based on the info i have seen. I i am not sure if i am going to actually DO the taper this way, but the most "appealing" (for lack of a WAY better word!) plan that I have read about is the idea of not taking another dose unless I start to feel really bad...and at that point taking .25 if I need to take any at all.
For someone like me this approach sounds pretty perfect. I am the type of person who screws myself mentally BAD!!! Other addicts have commented in the past on just how bad my mind tricks me. 4 hours with no opiates in my using days, and I was convinced I was dying. Maybe it was bc I was so very young when I began or maybe I am just dramatic LOL One thing that was funny about me which I finally noticed years later was that even when I was given an opiate by my then fiance....bc I didn't shoot it or know what it was by name...it automatically "sucked" and didn't get me well...come to find out the pills he was giving me were morphine!!!!!. Funny and scary at the same time how much the mind truly turns bad situations worse...in the same way though, the mind can turn a bad situation into a tolerable learning experience...WantToBeFREE's story is an amazing example of staying positive and never giving up! I am sure the rest of you have some great stories as well! My point is...if i can get off of this in a nonchalant kind of way and trick my mind into thinking "well this is no big deal bc if I get really sick I can just take a small dose" and I will have the .25 all mixed up and ready to go...I know I will have a WAY easier time of this than if I officially have a "stop date" and I know that is it. For some people..they can't do it any other way..they can't taper they just have to jump. For me personally...the amount of anxiety and panic that "finality" causes is usually way worse than my detox symptoms alone! I was prescribed benzos for anxiety since age 15 and I relied on them daily. I would take them for no apparent reason..meaning i took them daily even when i had zero anxiety. I convinced myself that i needed them in order to not feel anxious, rather than using them as needed when i was anxious!. I never felt high from benzos...I took them because I thought they helped. Last July..after 15 years of taking the clonazepam and valium 3 plus times a day we moved to a new county (still in FL but about 2 hours south of where i was raised) and it just so happens that this lovely town is a HUGE anti pill mill community!!! I was taken off of my benzos and told that i would be fine. I was so panicked!!! My husband decided to take matters into his own hands and he produced a random bottle of Klonopin which he said he saved for me in case of emergency. I went through the detox with no noticable symptoms aside from very mild anxiety...and the sole reason that i was able to do this was that i had a bottle of the pills just in case. A month later i went to dump the pills out and realized my husband had tricked me! He filled an old botttle of my meds with his little green vitamin supplements!!!! So that is one example of the way my mind works. If i know i am not completely screwed it helps me to stay calm and power through. If I think I am screwed and i have no backup, rather than being strong and having the survivor in me break through, i end up nd saying "f this! I cant do this...omfg the world is ending and i will die sitting on the toliet with flames shooting from every orfice!!!!" (Thankfully that only happened once....damn methadone!!!!) ;-)
The second approach I am interested in is the liquid taper. My generic subutex pills are a bloody nightmare to even break in HALF much less into tiny crumbs! As of right now I am taking a tiny chunk but even then I am not sure from one dose to the next how much I am getting! The best idea I can think of for me would be to combine both methods....the "okay lets see how long I can go" method with a backup plan of liquid dose .25mg. I am motivated to get off of this stuff more than I have EVER been motivated before by anything! It is really easy to say thay now...after taking .5mg around noon yesterday I still probably have some in my system! I don't truly anticipate a horrible withdrawal. I am already an insomniac with restless legs as is and when I use the term insomniac...I don't use it loosely! On average the MOST sleep I get is 4 hours a night and my anxiety causes me to not be able to sleep during the day...even though I technically could bc I have 8am to 3:30 of nothing while the kids are at school. My biggest challenge is going to be staying positive and trying to keep myself "busy" I have been in the grips of a lovely bipolar "episode" of depression since around Christmas time (I couldn't get an appt for a psych dr in this new town and so I have been off of my meds for 6 months...I have an appt Monday thank GOODNESS) Anyhow..my depressed state consists of me literally doing nothing at all and lying in bed all day deep breathing through anxiety attacks feeling like a dramatic loser!!!!! I used to get so mad when people would say things like "im bipolar" bc I thought it was such a damn cop out!!! Then I got diagnosed and quickly realized the difference between meds and no meds is night and damn day! I do not exercise...like EVER! I dont eat enough for months and then suddenly I want to eat the whole damn sunshine state in one bite.... so my weight fluctuates like crazy!
I know so many people recommend exercise but what if the most you ever do is reach for a dorito you dropped?? I mean...I don't ever even go downstairs in my own house much less outside! For someone like me..would it be wise to attempt exercise during this process? (No really I want uour opinions!) :) So that is where Im at with my plan...I have a plan to have no plan! I am really antsy and I just have that feeling of anger towards the subs and the past year and a half of shackles (dont get me wrong subs saved my life) I just want OFF so bad that I think I should take full advantage and let that anger fuel me!
Not to pick a fave or discount any of the other awesome comments and support you all have given but....thank you Lily for sharing your AMAZING experience with me...it stood out bc of the lack of serious symptoms u experienced and the half life info!!! I love hearing stories like yours bc then its easier for me to not make a big deal of this! But as i said...the words of every one of you have helped me more than u know!!! (Well actually most of you DO know!) :)
In regards to the question about the program (na/aa) I have been in and out of the rooms since age 16 and I have a ton of family members in the rooms also. Every single one of my friends is in recovery...my best friend of 25 years has almost 6yrs clean time now...which is amazing!!! I plan to work my way up to things like meetings..but first I have to bust out the courage to go to the mailbox ;) baby steps lol
Sorry for the damn novel...being brief is not one of my strong suits! I am still overjoyed about the half life info...is it REALLY true?!! It seems to good to b true!!!! So if I take my normal .5 at noon one day...by noon the next day I will have none in my system? So the fact that I am dosing every other day with no symptoms is HUGE right? :-) I sure hope so! Have a great day everyone...I am so happy to have a support system here...that I may just walk downstairs today ;-) lol Thanks for everything :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:47 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hello again fellow Floridian!

I've got a couple minutes and wanted to swing away at some of your questions. Some of the things you go through on what sounds like a daily basis remind me of some of the more annoying withdrawals. If you're making it fine through life on them you're in excellent shape.

you definitely can try to taper even lower if you want. The very minor amount of symptoms after skipping a day makes me think your probably very close to the jumping dose already. Being on those extremely low doses of suboxone can actually feel kinda shitty I've read. It's enough to keep the worst at bay, but not everything. Hopespring encountered that and decided to jump jump jump!

I appreciate the kind words on staying positive. Once the absolute worst of the anxiety lifted I drove my brain into the direction of being happy, optimistic and overall attempted to be positive about the situation. You get quite bored and honestly depressed when you sit and wait around for good things to happen. Carpe diem(sp) seize the day.

Exercise isn't only marathon runs or marathon lifting. You'd be surprised how just walking around the neighborhood can boost your spirits. I use to force myself up and down our stairs Atleast 5 times a day. With going to grab the baby it ended up being more like 10-15 times a day up and down. It's no fun at first, but I'd dare to say almost a neccesity. Sitting idle makes things so much worse.

Anyhow I'm on daddy duty atm. Get up! Get active! Get those endorphins kickin!

“The only time you fail is when you fall down and stay down.”

Keep it up Salem!

-WTBF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:53 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Lilly, I really think everyone is different. My withdrawals started day 2 jumping from 2mg. Peaked at day 4-8.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks so much WTBF! Yeah I can definitely manage a walk around the neighborhood! I feel so bad about the way I am isolating myself right now. I was supposed to go to my inlaws this weekend w hubby and the kids but last night I was up ALL night with 0 sleep and I feel like I am losing my shit!!!! I dont have withdrawal symptoms from subs...this sleep issue and anxiety have unfortunately been around far longer than the subs! A good example of my crazy "no sleep since that 3 hours wednesday" behavior is the above HUGE long babble of a post! I told my husband that I cannot possibly consider going to Naples like this and my kids have asked me four plus times today alone if I am okay and if i need anything...as a parent I know u can imagine the heartbreak you feel hearing that when your baby is 5 or 6. I am the parent! I am supposed to ask THEM if they need anything! Such a low feeling :( Anyhow....I said I can't do the inlaw shit this weekend (I can't even handle them WITH sleep!) and my husband and kids are now going without me. I feel so bad for putting them through this crap! Ugh. I feel like my husband deserves better than me! He is very social and I am very NOT so since day one I felt I have held him back...now he's on vacation and he cant even enjoy it :-(
Sorry for the ranting. Lol. I truly appreciate the kind words and encouragement! This is a huge help for me :-) Hoping to get some kind of rest tonight! Just 3 hours PLEAAASE!!!! have a good night everyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I had a little girl recently and I was able to stay on subs while pregnant. My doctor advised me to stay on them rather than taper while pregnant. I was on suboxone when I found out I was pregnant. My doc switched me to subutex bc its safer for baby than suboxone. Anyway I had a healthy baby girl and she wasn't addicted when she was born. I was able to breast feed as well. (:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:15 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

That's great congratulations! Unfortunately, I lost the baby at 10 weeks for reasons they never figured out. But yes they switched me to subutex also right away. The drs did say my subs had nothing to do with the loss.

So a quick update everyone.....and opinions on where to go from here ;)

My last dose of subs was .5mg on Thursday at around noon. I just now realized that. I have zero withdrawal symptoms. With that low of a dose and already being this far out....should I just go for it? I mean ...holy crap the thought of getting this over with while my husband is on vacation to help w the kids....god that would be amazing. What do you all think? Am I gonna suddenly develop mutant mega withdrawal 2 hours after writing this? Lol. Would LOVE to just do this thing!! I have clonidine...also I am prescribed Zanaflex (muscle relaxer which has no realtion to xanax lol..people always ask that). I havent slept more than 4 hours since I got on subs so I am mostly worried about anxiety and muscle aches...hopefully those two meds will be of good use. I know from kicking heroin..oxys and methadone in the past that clonidine did help. My zanaflex does help w the pain I have from past injury and dr gave it to me bc I cannot obviously take narcotics for pain. I dont take it every day but when I do it helps!
Any thoughts are appreciated (hopefully u dont tell me i am going to start seizing in withdrawal soon lol)
Hope all of you are doing well! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Salem,

Two good friends of mine jumped off Suboxone from the exact same dose you did and they did the same thing you did by skipping days first....neither of them experienced wd worth writing home about and best of all, neither of them got any PAWS....at all!!!

And, they both were right where you are now. They started skipping days, did it a few times and felt no wd and they both said, "to hell with it, no more Suboxone for me" and they jumped. I think this April marks 2 years off Suboxone for both of them.

If you do get some anxiety, Clonidine may help? Clonidine is a blood pressure medication that's widely prescribed for opiate wd because it calms the Sympathetic Nervous System. Clonidine will probably aid in your sleep too because of its calming effect.

For the muscle aches, try good ol' Ibuprofen (Advil). You may be surprised how well it works once off opiates. When I was on opiates, my body laughed at Advil. After getting off opiates, Advil works stunningly well for all of my aches and pains. Like you, I have old injuries that require some kinda pain relief from time to time. I actually fell out of a tree, crushed both ankles and broke my left arm.....that was a SHITTY day!!! lol. Anyway, Advil works just fine now that I don't have opiates in me anymore.

Best of luck to ya!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:07 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks Romeo! I am really hoping I have a similar experience!!!! I had to laugh when you mentioned the Ibuprofen bc when I was using opiates heavily I use to laugh at people who suggested it!!!! Now I do realize it truly works!!!! Thanks for the reply and the great stories...very encouraging!!! :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:42 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

HI everyone :)
So its the start of day 3 (last dose thurs at noon) and the most insane thing happened...
Last night for the first time in a year and a half.... I SLEPT 5 full hours in a row!!! Woke up for a minute and then back to sleep!!!! 9 hours all together!!!!!!
I mean WHAAAAAAAAT!???? I am so thoroughly confused! Lol. I aint gonna complain about it!!!!
I still feel okay. I totally psyched myself into a tizzy yesterday around 8pm....mental shit had me thinking I felt leg pains and anxiety etc.... finally I got so tired of my damn self and I got MAD!!!! Its almost like the addict inside of me is trying so hard to hold on to this and the real me who has been buried by drugs for 16 years is fighting back. Addict me is NOT gonna win this!!!!!! It's so frustrating that my own mind is capable of completely screwing me over time and time again!!! It's like I am battling myself. Sucks!
I gotta keep going. I cannot give up. My husband is clearly tired of me being out of commision...he just flipped out downstairs and started screaming "f@$@ THIS! I just want someone to HELP ME!" as he slammed dishes around. That is totally not like him...so I am typing this from the bathroom where I am hiding out of embarassment.. I really hope I haven't lost the support of tbe one person who has been here all along :-(