It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

YAY for Salem!!! Double YAY for Salems husband!!! :lol:

You are NOT letting anyone down by not suffering horrible wd, if anything, you're just proving that tapering, then skipping days is the best way to minimize any wd from Suboxone.

I only have one thing to say to you right now....YOU GO GIRL!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:17 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Awe thanks!!!!!
Hey if I can do this then anyone can. And I truly mean that. It's not over yet of course....I still have more to go and then the hardest part of staying clean happens....but yeah I thought I would be on it forever too. Well that's what I told myself anyway! Hang in there!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:19 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

And thanks Romeo!!!!!!!! You sir have been a HUGE help!!!!!! :D

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello. I feel more hopeful after reading your thread. I am about to jump off on 0.4 in 3 days and am so scared too. I got down to 2mg from 16 and have been put on a 15 day detox - 1.2-0.8 and finally 0.4. I am going to keep coming back to check on your progress as it's so encouraginf. Lets hope I am just as lucky. All the very best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:47 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

xDee you can absolutely do this!!!!!! Grab some clonidine if possible (not to be confused with klonopin). Im using clonidine...ibuprofen. ..hot baths with epsom salts...unsiom sleep melts....and Imodium. ..and its working out well! I haven't had any unmanageable symptoms at all. I have kept as active as possible which for me.. is not very!!!! Lol Im so amazingly glad that I could help to ease some minds. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:47 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Salem13 wrote:
xDee you can absolutely do this!!!!!! Grab some clonidine if possible (not to be confused with klonopin). Im using clonidine...ibuprofen. ..hot baths with epsom salts...unsiom sleep melts....and Imodium. ..and its working out well! I haven't had any unmanageable symptoms at all. I have kept as active as possible which for me.. is not very!!!! Lol Im so amazingly glad that I could help to ease some minds. :-)

Thanks so much for this advice. I only have a shower which is rubbish as I have a feeling i'm going to really want those hot soaks that I already miss so much! I have ibrufen and will look at the other things mentioned. Your help is much appreciated. I will let everyone know how I get on also. Praying this is the last time i'll ever need to come off of something. I just want my body and mind back. To wake up and not need this stuff. Those thoughts will hopefully keep me going.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Salem,
I've been following your thread and I wanted to jump on the bandwagon and congratulate and encourage you on your fantastic progress!
As I think it was "Rule" said...I agree that this thread is a great one for people to follow. There are several members with a lot of experience with addiction, recovery, Suboxone, tapering, jumping, detoxing, relapsing, etc etc! We all have our own unique histories, experiences and realities when it comes to this subject. All we can do is share our own realities as we have experienced them. Sometimes our experiences are similar...sometimes they're unique. That does not make one person's reality more true or credible than anyone else's, and it feels a little bit like some of that is happening here.
I'm all for not sugar coating the issue at hand. However, to insist that someone who is beginning their jump off a "reasonably" low dose of bupe that their symptoms will absolutely be x,y, & z for x number of weeks or months is a little bit presumptuous, in my opinion. While that very well may be true for one....it may even turn out to be true for the one who is being advised, it just as surely might not. We can't know for sure what anyone else's experience will be, can we?
I do believe in preparing for worst case scenarios and I believe helping others do exactly that is or should be one of the more important things we do on this forum. At the same time, we can be encouraging and optimistic. Personally, I think our minds do enough of a number on us while detoxing without having someone telling us how much worse things are doomed to become.
As for my own experience...I've come off an enormous amount of IV and oral opioids...cold-turkey, at home with no comfort meds, literally, except Advil. It was unbelievably brutal. I stayed 'clean' for several months and they all sucked with no end in sight. Sure, the physiological pain passed, but the psychological would. not. break! I had a brief, relatively mild relapse but it was enough to push me towards another treatment modality. Enter Suboxone.
The first few months, I felt that Jesus had sent me a miracle...I mean that sincerely. Bupe never made me feel 'high' and it worked wonderfully for a good while. Until it didn't. Without going into much detail, since then, I've tapered off, only to relapse to agonists, basically bouncing back and forth between low doses of bupe and agonists. So I feel that Salem and I have something in common in that my problem is in the STAYING clean.
As for bupe withdrawal compared to full agonist withdrawal...apples and oranges, in my opinion. After surviving what I did with my agonist detox, bupe detox is 95% psychological. The physical wd for me off about 1/2 milligram a day of bupe, while uncomfortable, is tolerable. The psychological part is also not as bad, but (obviously) is bad enough that I haven't been able to put together more than a few weeks of "clean" time without turning back to opiates.
Anyway...someone asked for more examples here, I think. So that's my experience thus far. You might think that I'd just give up on sobriety and I have thought about it for a few minutes here and there. But I won't! I refuse to believe that I won't or can't achieve long lasting sobriety.
So Salem...keep up the good work! You're inspiring me. Please keep posting!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

LOL @ the music thing. It's crazy, right? I think everyone experiences that. I was addicted to music during my detox, it was like my drug.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

xDee.....I know how you feel! Last detox I only had a shower too! Hang in there!!! I reccomend a heating pad!!! Use it on your legs....it saved me!!!!!!
Barely boxed....that was VERY well said!!!!!!! I mean....I couldn't have said it better myself!!!!!
Tinydancer...yes!!!!! The music is AMAZING!!!! I am sure my husband wants to leap from a large building!!!! We don't exactly share the same taste in music!!!!
So day 6 is here..I fell asleep last night at midnight and woke up at 10:30am!!!!!!!! Crazy!!!!!!! I do have RLS which seems to strike around 1pm and is bad up until around 11pm...that is the only sucky part as of now aside from anxiety but I'm used to that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:39 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

HOOOOOOOly shit girl you rock! I'm so glad that you are doing good! Sometimes.... I get scared that the sub is actually producing more side effects than helping. I just say that because I know you're in a good mood right now and have a sex drive, and I was wondering if you ever got in that mood while on suboxone? I just ask because I've been so depressed lately, and I've always taken opiates to get in a good mood to do anything. I couldn't even have sex unless I was high, and if I was high I couldn't go all the way. I needed opiates to get modivated to do schoolwork , yet they may me too tired to focus or remember anything. What do you think? Do you think your subs were giving you some side effects? I know that it is hard being an addict and staying off the dope because you want the rush, but I've been reading that the suboxone since it sticks to your receptors and blocks stuff that it also blocks the things your brain makes that it releases when you do something good and it tried to reward you but the sub won't let you feel the chemicals. Knowing this could really help not go back to the stupid subs. I'm really proud of you for having such a possitive attitude, because this is what really helps in the withdraw days. Keep up the awesome work!

Post subject: A Word of Warning
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:11 pm 

This is for those who are considering using Clonidine to help with the withdrawal symptoms from Buprenorphine. Please don't get it from a relative or friend. It is an older medication used for treating high blood pressure. You need to have your doctor prescribe it or you might end up fainting or worse.

The medication works great but if you already have low blood pressure it can pose a problem. Be safe. Talk to your doctor.

This message was brought to you from your local forum safety resources department. :wink:

Post subject: Awesome
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Just wanted to say your doing great Salem.....Keep it up.....I have to agree with u this w/drawl hasnt been as bad as i imagined now i say that lightly becuz from all that ive been reading something could drastically change at any moment but at this point a positive outlook is really key.....even tho id rather lay in bed like the lazy person I am ive been forcing myself to get up a do stuff....congrats on sleeping till 10:30 heck id b happy to sleep form 10-7 I would do a dance.........Keep it up girl!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:00 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Jeaner where did you get your PHD because you're a genius ;)

Exercise! Positivity!

Repeat

-WTBF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:15 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Rule62 -

Party pooper ;)

Absolutely excellent advice. Heed that please fellow quitters!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:54 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Salem13 wrote:
xDee.....I know how you feel! Last detox I only had a shower too! Hang in there!!! I reccomend a heating pad!!! Use it on your legs....it saved me!!!!!!
Barely boxed....that was VERY well said!!!!!!! I mean....I couldn't have said it better myself!!!!!
Tinydancer...yes!!!!! The music is AMAZING!!!! I am sure my husband wants to leap from a large building!!!! We don't exactly share the same taste in music!!!!
So day 6 is here..I fell asleep last night at midnight and woke up at 10:30am!!!!!!!! Crazy!!!!!!! I do have RLS which seems to strike around 1pm and is bad up until around 11pm...that is the only sucky part as of now aside from anxiety but I'm used to that!

Oh fab, I will get one tomorrow to try. To help ease the RLS would be great. I am driving my partner mad by kicking all night.

Massive well done for getting to day 6. You're doing amazing.

Post subject: ha
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:24 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

WantToBeFREE wrote:
Jeaner where did you get your PHD because you're a genius ;)

Exercise! Positivity!

Repeat

-WTBF

From u and Romeo of course u guys got the big PHD!!!!!!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Salem - I'm so happy you're doing well. I'm definately in the "it's not that bad" camp, and I cringe when people automatically jump in and say, just wait, your PAWS hasn't even set in yet. For me, that just wasn't the case. I think what you pointed out was the key...any negatives I might have felt were far outweighed by the smiling, laughing, heightened sex drive and other pluses of getting off opiates!
But you are also so right that STAYING CLEAN is the real beast. As soon as you feel anywhere near normal, and it sounds like you are there, you need to start Working your program of recovery, whatever that may be. Maybe we should change the section entitled "bupe in the rearview" to "let's now support each other in our sobriety". I've seen a lot of people who I have cheered through their Sub WD (myself included) come back and say they relapsed. There has to be a way we can make this work!
Keep up the good work,
Lilly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:17 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Salem I'm hoping the reason for no update today is from tons of positive progress in your life and you just don't have time :).

I want an update!

Day 7+!

-WTBF

Post subject: me 2
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:56 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

WantToBeFREE wrote:
Salem I'm hoping the reason for no update today is from tons of positive progress in your life and you just don't have time :).

I want an update!

Day 7+!

-WTBF

I agree calling Salem to the boards......We need an update from u so we know u are doing great.....PLEASE :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Bc qHey!!!!!! Sorry everyone!! I didnt mean to panic you! Lol. I am still doing great :-)
Day 8!!!!! My nose did start to run a tad yesterday and legs have bothered me but aside from that all is well!!!!
Sleep isnt great anymore but I didnt expect it to be...its not BAD either! Maybe 5 to 6 hours which is a miracle for me even when I took my subutex!
On my way to a hockey game w my kids and husband now...speaking of miracles!!! Read the posts on how I used to be about leaving the house!!! Glad everyone is doing well!!!! I will check in tmrw!!!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next