It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:17 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi, so I'm new here, I am on day 3 of the jump off, I tapered down to 1mg a day then closed my eyes and jumped,I have to say that it is not easy in no way, but not as bad as I feared, I am having the hot flashes when not hot I'm freezing back pain started the last couple hrs, not able to sleep tossing turning,but hanging in there and forcing myself to function even though I just want to hide in a dark room, I'm determined to make it through this, I'm using an over the counter sleeping pill, multi vitamins,fish oil,vitamin c and b6. I forced myself to go to the grocery store today and also took my son to play basketball for about an hour,I actually enjoyed myself although it took everything I had to do it. The busier I can keep my mind the better it seems,I even managed to laugh a couple times today, so there you have it, tomorrow is another day I'll deal with it when it comes, of course after I make it through tonight......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Getting there,

You're exactly right, the busier you can keep your mind and body, the easier wd will be.

A lot of us who have went through opiate wd have also used Clonidine. Clonidine (not to be confused with Klonopin) is a blood pressure medication that helps to calm the Sympathetic Nervous System. It will help knock your wd symptoms down a bit. You have to go to the doctor and get your BP checked first, though.

Imodium will help with diarhea if you get it.

Oh Yeah, welcome to the forum!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Getting there wrote:
Hi, so I'm new here, I am on day 3 of the jump off, I tapered down to 1mg a day then closed my eyes and jumped,I have to say that it is not easy in no way, but not as bad as I feared, I am having the hot flashes when not hot I'm freezing back pain started the last couple hrs, not able to sleep tossing turning,but hanging in there and forcing myself to function even though I just want to hide in a dark room, I'm determined to make it through this, I'm using an over the counter sleeping pill, multi vitamins,fish oil,vitamin c and b6. I forced myself to go to the grocery store today and also took my son to play basketball for about an hour,I actually enjoyed myself although it took everything I had to do it. The busier I can keep my mind the better it seems,I even managed to laugh a couple times today, so there you have it, tomorrow is another day I'll deal with it when it comes, of course after I make it through tonight......

In my opinion, you are doing a great job! I tried jumping at 1 mg and the anxiety was murderous. You didn't even mention such a thing. If you are on Day 3, you can certainly last this out.

So impressed that you played basketball. So impressed you went to the store. You're obviously gonna be okay! You will eventually wear yourself out to where the restlessness cannot win and you will sleep.

laddertipper

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:28 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello GettingThere, and welcome to the forum! It's nice to hear that you were able to get out and about today, even if it was only for an hour. I think that Romeo is right, that the more you focus on it, the harder it is gonna be. That's not to say that the withdrawal is only in your mind, because it most certainly is not. But if I can stay busy, and try to keep from dwelling on how bad i may or may not feel, than it makes it just a little bit easier.

I hope that today is no worse than yesterday! Best of luck to you and again, Welcome to the forum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:28 am 
I was on 24mg's of sub for 2.5 years never missing a day and at the end of that time i decided to switch to mdone so i just stopped the 24 mgs of sub an never felt any withdrawal for 8 days. I thought i had it licked so i held out on the switch and by the tenth day it hit me out of no where!! So i then went to the mdone clinic and have been their for a year now doing quite well!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:13 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

So here I am day 4 going on day 5. Last night was unable to get much sleep,still with the hot flashes and chills and the. Anxious feeling I get in my stomach seems to not be lasting as long,I am still having to force food I just get nauseous when I try to eat.i have been keeping really busy housework walking just trying to stay active, at times today I actually got the feeling although briefly that I'm going to be ok, thank you everyone for the kind words and encouragement it really helps knowing I'm not alone,i just keep telling myself be strong and keep putting one foot in front of the other and soon enough I will be on the other side

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:40 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Sounds like you're doing really well. If you can make yourself busy it really helps, keeps the mind occupied and tires the body.

I'm on day 14 with no subs and I'm back at work and feeling fine.

Hope you can continue and reach your goal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:58 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[font=Comic Sans MS]Hello gettingthere. You are def in the right frame of mind for all of this. Even if the thought is fleeting, telling yourself that you are going to make it, is great! Because you are going to make it!!!! Keep up the good work![/font]