It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: 6th day off of Subs
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Today is my sixth day completely off of suboxone. This is the first time in ten years I've been sober. I can't believe I was addicted to opioids, in one form or another, for ten straight years. The only withdrawal symptom I have is low energy midway through the day. I've been going to bed super early every night, and I'm up like clockwork at 7:30am every morning. I'm so glad a tapered down to the most pathetic sliver of suboxone and then jumped off. I'm just really happy I did this shit finalllllly. Woot Woooooottttt

Post subject: Re: 6th day off of Subs
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:26 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Congratulations to you! I know the feeling very well once you realize you have taken that final dose. Can you share with us how much sub you were taking along the way, and what dose you believe it was you finally jumped from? I know you said it was the "most pathetic sliver", but do you have any idea of the mgs? It may help others in the same position you were.

And could you also share how you tapered? As you mentioned there are so many different stories out there, and plenty of them are not so good. Others need to see that it can be done, and I'm certain they will benefit from knowing how you did it.

I was on suboxone for a bit over 4 years and have now been completely off subs and every addictive substance for a little over one year. So keep going and know that it really can be accomplished if you want it and stay committed.

Almost 7 days free! One full week and counting! :D

Congrats to you again, BrandNewLife!

-BP

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:46 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Congrats on One Year sober from all substances Ball Player!! I can't wait to feel the sense of pride you must be feeling at one year. Also thanks for the reply.
I previously posted a more detailed post about how I tapered off, but here's the short version. I took an 8mg sub and just cut and cut and cut it down like this.

4.0 mg

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:58 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

WTG! I look forward to being able to say I am "- days off" Thanks for posting your taper, I was curious how long you waited in between each drop? I am thinking about giving it a week in between until I get down to the nitty gritty! I only have 8 mg strips left so it's hard to get them to small. Great job and congrats on being sober! What an accomplishment!! :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey Beautiful Disaster. I wrote a timeline of how I did everything in a previous post. It's under stopping suboxone, then its title Tapering Off Subs. It took me a couple months to get down to basically nothing and jump with barely any (if at all) discomfort. On the previous post I also broke down when I drooped and by how many mgs. Good luck with you taper!! As long as your 100% dedicated to taper, you will be just fine. Please keep me posted on your future success.
BNL

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:58 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I wish I tapered down more. But even at 4mg it is possible. I think I'm at day 66 now. The first 20 days seemed to be the worst but if you hang in there you will be glad you did. Congratulations on finally making the jump and keep up the good work.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Congrats Rizob on the jump from 4mg. That must have been rough, but I'm glad you stuck it out. Tomorrow will be day 14 and I'm feeling pretty good. Thanks for the encouragement.