It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:09 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

First off, please don't get defensive here suboxone enthusiast! I am thankful for what suboxone did for me and its a good medicine if used correctly but can be abused JUST LIKE ANY OTHER OPIATE plain and simple.. I've been on subs for 4 years and after the 2nd year I had some side effects that have only got worse... Now, I have a low sex drive as well as other symptoms of low testosterone and I am a very healthy 29yr old man.. Gym, exercise, healthy eating... I love beautiful woman and having sex but the past 2 years Ive had no sex drive... I go out to a bar and meet gorgeous woman and take them home and IM the one avoiding sex because im not turned on.... This is from suboxone and I know this because if I skip a dose or take less then im supposed to it comes back.... Ive had various other long term symptoms and am terrified of this medicine now... But its so hard to get off because ive split dose since ive been on it.... when i split dose i Still feel that little buzz.. i swear I do and its making it so hard to taper off because now im addicted to SUBOXONE! I want off this med so bad its not even funny.... But I have a full time IT job and im a music producer and when I dont have suboxone im depressed and have no creativity! HERE IS MY QUESTION::::: How long did it take for anyone to feel NORMAL again, as in not depressed and anxious. after LONG TERM suboxone use?? p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey talent82,

Welcome to the forum!!

You asked, "HERE IS MY QUESTION::::: How long did it take for anyone to feel NORMAL again, as in not depressed and anxious. after LONG TERM suboxone use?? p" I'm assuming you mean how long to feel normal again once you quit Suboxone?

It took me about 9 months to feel pretty normal again, but I jumped from a decently high dose. Most people who jump from a high dose take longer to feel normal again.....not all, but most.

From what I've read and seen on this forum, most people who taper down and jump off feel better much quickly. Some as quick as a few days, some a month or two.

BTW, I was like you. I took my Suboxone at least twice per day and I felt that little buzz EVERYTIME I took my Suboxone and I'm certain I was, at least in some way, addicted to my Suboxone. I wasn't successful with any of my taper attempts, but after going through the shit kicking wd that I did by jumping off a high dose, I would certainly put a lot more effort into a taper if I were to ever find myself on Suboxone again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi there,,,,

don't worry about talking "ANTI-SUBOXONE"
its fine, welcomed, as long as it's done in a respectful manner.
that goes for ANYONE else, too..... I know this forum hasn't ALWAYS been that way,,,, I know there was a time
NO anti-suboxone talk was allowed.....
Just so you know, the ONLY thing I don't like, is the "blanket" statements like------

"all the slaves to suboxone maintenance are lambs to the slaughter"

as long as you STAY CLEAR of those kind of statements,
there's absolutely NO reason to mask how YOU really feel.... expressing feelings, especialy uncomfortable ones,
are a VERY important part of OUR recovery.

*****THANKS ,, in advance, and this also applies to anyone else worried about the same thing.....*****

ANYWAYS,,,,
BACK ON TOPIC NOW :D :D :D

I thought this video, I posted on the bottom might be helpful,
and ALSO,,, there are MORE videos, here

http://www.youtube.com/user/SuboxDoc/videos?view=0

the vast MAJORITY of them, are on how to sucessfully taper, and jump, and HOW withdrawls will be,
ETC ETC ETC
thought that might be helpful,,,,,

also here's the NUMBER ONE, taper thread from this site, you may have already read it, it's alot to get thru,
there's many pages, but there's also a HUGE amount of information there.
http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=296

THIS is also helpful, I figured I myself, would try this method, when/if I taper...
http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7449

here's some helpful links to "suboxone taper chart" and how to make your own ,, in case your interested....
http://www.subotex.com/suboxone-taper-c ... ma-levels/
http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Add ... /14?cid=66 ( BOTTOM of page)

Okay, last but certainly NOT LEAST,
here's the video I mentioned at the begining of the reply....
sorry this got sooo freakin long, Im just TRYING to give you as MUCH information as possible.
I do wish you the very BEST OF LUCK with this,,,
romeo is right,
we've heard from LOTS of people over time, and it seems like the longer,slower tapers have THE most MILD w/d
if ANY at all..........
That's what I'd reccomend,
allthough I know it's NOT going to be easy for you,, , , , I don't think I'd be too good at it either... honestly
IS there
anyone close to you, that you could have hold your suboxone for you, while you taper???
that might be an option, then you could get it 1-3 days at time?
I took more than I was perscribed for the first few months,and always ran short,
so finally I had my grandma hold them, I'd get two or three days' worth at a time, and that def got me "over" the worst of it,
and I've done super since..... Just a thought....
again,
good luck

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2CQ94aXDoQ[/youtube]

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:09 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

thank u so so much for that :)