It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: 4th day off suboxone..
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:53 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hello all. i have read so many posts on here but I have never registered until a few minutes ago.

I have a pretty neat story but i'll give u some background info first....I was on opiates for 5 years. Started going to the methadone clinic about 11 months ago. My stable dose was 50mg for the most part. A few months back I tappered my dose 1mg every other day until I was down to 30mg. I stayed at 30mg for a few months due to my fear of withdrawls when switching to suboxone. Well I finally got up the nerve.

I went threw a few days where I didnt dose and started on the suboxone. I had heard that sub is VERY powerful and some people break it down to SO little, and feel so great. Well my first does was 8mg of sub. My withdrawls went away for the most part, BUT...a few hours later I started feeling SO down and depressed. I went the next day and took another 8mg sub. I was having the worst depression symptoms in my life. I could NOT function. Crying all the time. I mean, I can not explain the way I felt if I could type 10,000 words to you. I dosed one more day at 8mg's. That was 3 days of 8mg.

I just thought that the methdone was still in my system and it would work itself out and I would start feeling great. Well I changed my mind on the 4th day and only took 4mg!!! haha. I was still having the same symptoms. Unbearable mental state. I decided the 5th day not to take anything. I went to my girlfriends house and still felt like garbage all day. But atleast I left the house. I started feeling REALLY happy that night at about 7 oclock. I was talking up a storm, positive mood, great outlook. Well I said to myself...Im not gonna take anything unless I absoutly feel bad.

I do ache all over and hurt but thats why I have advil ;) the last dose I took was 4mgs on Saturday morning and its now wednesday morning and almost 1oclock. I feel WONDERFUL. My body temp is out-of-wack. My face is always burning up. I went back to talk with a counsler at my clinic and she said if I wanted to be done, I pretty much was.

From my expierence, Overdosing can cause CRAZY side effects. Thats the WORST mental state/depression I have EVER had. I just dont want anyone else to feel like I did. I had a very positive outlook when switching to suboxone. I just was over meadicated and made myself sicker than before. I can look in the mirror and actually see my pupils dilate. You know how long its been since i've seen my eyes dilate? LOL. I just am amazed at how good I feel and I wanted to share my story. I hope someone can read this and it helps them take the step in the right direction, whatever their choices may be. I know I was scared to death and didnt think I could do it. but you can. We all can.

Im not fully back to normal but I can tell a DRASTIC difference and I owe it to suboxone. If I wouldnt have had it to get threw the WD's from methdone I dont know if I ever would have jumped like I did. So its about 4days so far and SO MANY more to come =)

Sorry this is so lengthy..Good luck everyone!! =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey stuckknot,

So, how are ya feeling?? I hope you're still feeling good!!

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:32 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hey romeo,

Thanks for the reply. I am still doing good. I woke up sweating for the past 3 nights. Havent gotten much sleep. Chills, achey all over. Just the normal stuff, pretty much. Im hangin in there though :) I'd rather go threw this stuff now, than be like I used to be. I went to Church last night and am trying to make the best of the situation. It still seems like I can think alot more clearly than I used to. I supposed its because I have no drugs in my system.haha. I forgot this feeling long ago. I figured it took me 5 years to get like this, so if I can sucessfully come off of everything in a year, I would be satisfied.

Didnt you just recently hit your one year mark Romeo?? Congrats again!! Thats really great. Very inspiring to people like me and so many others :D

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey Romeo,
I guess we are in this together on day 5....How are you feeling?
Did you flush your subs? Are you looking back?
I am thinking that age might be a factor, and to be 50 (ME) and be going through this crap is just awefull....REALITY check is I am the one that put myself here, time to pay up right????
I wish you well and appreciate your post on my day 5
sincerely, Daisy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey daisy, I think you were referring to stuckknot when you mentioned my name?? Anyway, I quit Suboxone at 43 years of age. I felt like you do about putting myself where I was and that I was going to have to pay the piper.

Stuckknot, yes, I did just pass my one year off of Suboxone mark. I jumped from a decently high dose and because of that I suffered fairly heavy wd. PAWS lasted a long time for me too, they weren't unbearable, but I definetely felt substandard most of the time. Anyway, my wife, daughter and I went on vacation for a week to celebrate my 1 year off of Suboxone and I FINALLY now feel like I'm very, very, very close to 100% again. I have some small sleep issues still and my body temperature controller dude is still out to lunch sometimes, but I'm not complaining. This may sound a little cuckoo, but I feel normal.......honest to God, I didn't think I would EVER be able to say that again, that I felt normal, but here I am, feeling normal!!

Hmmm, I hate to mention this because it's going to make me look so silly, but what the hay, I'm getting used to making myself look silly anymore!! :lol: I used to "suffer" from some pretty decent anxiety/nervousness and all around jitters, for the longest time I just chalked those symptoms up to Suboxone wd.......magically, when I quit drinking 10 cups of coffee a day during my vacation AND since then.....I feel no more anxiety/nervousness?? Go figure!! Who da thunk it?? LOL!! So, I would strongly suggest you give coffee (caffeine) the boot or at least consume it in moderation.

Ummmm, are you two going to work some kind of recovery program?? NA/AA/Smart Recovery?? I found out the hard way that just quitting drugs is not recovery. I would suggest you go to some meetings or do something for your recovery, OK?

Congratulations to both of you, I hope you guys keep posting and PLEASE feel free to ask any questions you have. There are some really great people on this forum, very knowledgeable and they're happy to help.

Post subject: HOW ARE YOU FEELING?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:46 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Stuck, you are my "quit buddy" like it or KNOT! We are on the same day, how are you...
Romeo, thanks for your kindness, I really appreciate it, you are an inspiration.
So sorry I confused you guys, I was in a fog at the time...
Today I either had more energy, or I am in a panic because I have to get on an airplane and go half way across the country to work long days with my bosses that I only see twice per year...(YIKES)
One day at a time I guess, one foot in front of the other...
I am anxious, but tired
Happy but sad
confindent but insecure
Hot but cold
OK and NOT ok
Sleepy but jittery
AND I still taste the SUBS in my mouth (what is up with that)?