It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: 4th day off suboxone....
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:50 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi everyone! I haven't been in the forum in a week, so I wanted to come in and see how everyone was doing, and let you know what is happening with me. I had gotten down to .50mgs a day, and was feeling very good. So good in fact I felt that I wanted to try and skip a day of dosing and see how I did. So Monday of this week was my regular dose, I dosed consistently between 5pm and 6pm daily. So I took my dose at 5pm on Monday and that was the last I've had. Tuesday came and I skipped with the plans to take one on Wednesday, but when wednesday came and I still felt good, I skipped that day too. Same for Thursday, and then here we are at today and I feel great. I had no anxiety, which was my worst fear. As anxiety has been my great hurdle most of my life, it was my biggest fear, but I find now, 4 days in, that I had more anxiety being on subs and thinking about finishing then I do now. I have been waiting for the half life to hit, and I told myself if it got to the point that I could not function in my day I would take a small sliver of a dose, but so far I have not had too. I have increased my running in the evenings the last 2 nights and that has helped me tremendously. I am sleeping really well, which was another fear. However I take 25mgs of elavil and 125mgs of Depacote 2x a day, and I know that those are helping me sleep. I normally feel very sleepy within an hour of taking them. I also have Clonodine .1mgs which I was taking twice a day when tapering, but am now taking it as needed at bedtime, and have not had one since Monday as well.
My worst symptom thus far was having a stomach ache for 2 days, tuesday and wednesday, but it passed, and since that has passed I feel wonderful. I feel completely normal, and that's big for me. I really thought that my head would start spinning and my anxiety would go off the charts on the day I didn't have a sub dose. So I was nicely surprised when that didn't happen. My anticipatory anxiety was playing my mind very hard. So it's been a big learning experience each day. I see my doctor on Wednesday, and will see what he thinks about where I'm at, and the half life in general. I thought for sure that today would be the day I woke up with the w/d in full swing b/c of the half life, however I woke today feeling the best I have all week. So I'm greatly hoping this pattern continues. However, I am not excluding subs all together. I will always keep that option open if necessary and I think that is helping with my mind, and paranoid thoughts. It's a comfort to know I can take one if I have too, and if this makes sense, it helps me to not crave one, by knowing I can if I want to. I have an issue that if I can't have something I sometimes obsess over it. So I guess I'm trying to trick my own mind by leaving all options open and on the table.
I've been doing a daily journal for the last month, since I started tapering, and that has been a big help to me.

Overall, I feel great, and I just wanted to share that with everyone. This forum is why I am in this position, it taught me alot of things I didn't know about subs, and tapering and w/d. I had thought I could jump at 2mgs, had no idea that the taper was so important. I was prepared to go as low as I could cut the strips once I learned all of your taper schedules. And that helped a lot. When I put the "jump date" out of my head, that eased a lot of stress for me.

Thanks for reading, and I wish you all a great happy, healthy weekend!!

Big Hugs!

Rain

- Joseph Campbell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:02 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I am so damn proud of you woman!!! right on.......................

Looking back ( its seems like a blur to me now) I felt more withdrawal tapering then when I jumped......

you have come a long way baby!!!

:)

Hugs
Lisa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

WOW!!! That is such great news! I'm really, really happy for you. Man, I wish it was going like that for me....

I think if you are doing this well four days off, you are probably off and won't need to take any to get through it. You must have such a huge weight lifted off your shoulders, not having to think about the tapering and the big jump anymore. Thanks for sharing this experience!! I hope to have things go that well for me whenever I finally jump off.

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!

laddertipper

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:39 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

wow rain thats amazing to hear. 4 days and no withdrawal from a .5mg jump. I didnt think that was possible. Its great news for others that want to get off but dont want to drag the taper out as far as people like me did. I guess it does depend on the person. I think you are in good shape though because the half life propably should have hit by day 3 if it was going to at all. Just so you know, even though you think you are back to normal and 100%, you will continue to feel even better as the days pass. I thought I was back to normal and 100% by day 5 after my jump but now that I can look back at it I have improved even more in the last 2 weeks. I feel even better now. So keep going and know that it does take a little while to get back to 100%.

Post subject: Day 5 still normal!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:43 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks mg, ladder and livin!! You all helped me get here so big hugs!! Anyway today is day 5, have really pretty much been feeling better each day rather then worse like I thought. You know it's funny because I really had it in my head that this was going to be the absolute worst experience of my life! I was freaking terrified. But in all honesty and I am not just saying this, it has been really a great learning experience. I've had very little w/d, and actually it's been so little I would attribute it more to me just being tired at the end of the day. The anxiety as I said before that I expected to be the worst feeling has not happend at all. So anyway day 5, still feel great! So excited that it's a nice weekend FINALLY so I'm hitting the pavement today and am going to try and do a 9.5 mile run...Not sure how I'll do, but I'm hoping to increase my tolerance and speed...I want to start getting involved in more public runs. So I hope you all have a wonderful, fabulous day and weekend!! I'll keep you all posted on how I'm doing!

Hugs!!!!

- Joseph Campbell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:54 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

rain, so happy for you! All my taper buds are jumping!!! I will miss all of you being here as much but it's time for your life to begin POST-Subs...just pop in and let us know how you're doing every few weeks or so!

So proud for all of you jumpers :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:01 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

ClearAqua wrote:
rain, so happy for you! All my taper buds are jumping!!! I will miss all of you being here as much but it's time for your life to begin POST-Subs...just pop in and let us know how you're doing every few weeks or so!

So proud for all of you jumpers :)

Thank you!! I will definitely still be here!! I owe so much to this forum, and will always be thankful I found it. You will be there too girl, just keep doing everything the way you are now...You've come far as well!! I really honestly had no intentions to jump but it just worked out that way. It was quite a surprise for me honestly! I definitely feel awesome, and that makes it soooo much easier to keep going!

Hugs to you! I'll be here for you all the way!!!

- Joseph Campbell