It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi,
As this is my first post, first real internet research on Sub taper, and first time in a chat room ever, please bare with me if I am on the wrong subject/room etc. Thanks. I would appreciated any tips on getting my comments answered (and answering) in the right spot.

Subject: I am at .4mg/daily I think?? I am having difficulty measuring equal doses each day. I have the remains (chunks) of about Two, 2mg suboxone tabs and no real way to measure accurately. Should I get a syringe/beaker/scale or something? I feel like physical condition changes (slightly) from day to day because of my measurements

Also: has anyone Thrown in the towel at at .4mg and been okay, or has it been a disaster? (sorry if this is to general or already been answered)

Background: started opiates(OC, Vic) Nov 08 and built my way up to 60-80mg daily. Started Subs Feb 2010 (16mg). Began Taper Sept 2010 until now at .4mg ish.

Any Suggestions....Thanks a bunch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:40 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Read the liquified suboxone taper thread on the top of the message board. It suggest mixing small amounts in water because water is easier to measure than peices of suboxone dust. There are full articles and responses on that subject.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:57 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I cut a 2mg strip into 8 equal pieces just folded it cut it and did that till I had 8 pcs and jumped at .25mg

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:06 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

mg113 wrote:
I cut a 2mg strip into 8 equal pieces just folded it cut it and did that till I had 8 pcs and jumped at .25mg

Looks like he's on the tabs not the strips.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:16 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

DifficultyCoping wrote:
Read the liquified suboxone taper thread on the top of the message board. It suggest mixing small amounts in water because water is easier to measure than peices of suboxone dust. There are full articles and responses on that subject.

Thanks. great info on that thread. I will try the liquid method if this first "jump" attempt is too awful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 6:52 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

gotcha sometimes I am slow lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:01 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I tried putting 1 milligram in a tiny bit of water in a syringe. The numbers are worn off but I would say it was like a half of a milliliter. I could barely taste the drug when I dropped it on my tongue and would up snorting an extra .5 just to feel like I had taken 1 mg.

I might try dissolving 2 milligrams in the same amount of water so I can at least taste it. I'll just have to be even about splitting the dose.

I wonder if my problem was I dissolved the suboxone the night before. Does it start to deteriorate in water or is it like methadone that can be kept around? I know Xanax for instance becomes very weak if left in water.