It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:52 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I tried to taper down my use prior to running out. I was using approx 280mgs of oxy and have only lasted several hours of withdrawal before caving in and getting more previosly. This time I have waited about 40hrs of withdrawal and is less intense today than yesterday. I scored about an 11 on the cows index of measuring how long I should wait to take my first sub. I am Just am scared to take the sub. Did once before and went into PWD but only waited bout 12 hrs that time after my last dose of oxy. So being that I do feel better today w/ nothing 40 hrs into WD would it make sense to start a sub to help me feel better?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

you should be far enough into w/d to NOT experience what you did before. As long as you havent been taking methadone or something else with an extended half life.
you could always try half of what your doctor told you to start with or something, just to 'see' if it helps or hurts. if its gonna make you sick, you'd feel it right away.

Im no doctor, but if youve waited as long as you can, Im sure your wanting some relief!!

I WISH you the BEST of luck, remember you CAN do this!!!

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:51 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I agree with amber, i would personally take maybe 1-2mg for your first dose. Thats under the "ceiling" and just see what happens. An 11 on the COWS is pretty low. My dr. Said to be 20+ but I found that theres no way I could of waited that long. Ill say one last thinv, as someone who has tried to induce muliple times recently, I'd say go off how bad your hurting not how long its been. If you have just been kinda hibernating, nit drinking anything like I would IMO that makes it take longer...just a thought. I sincerely hope you get relief!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:05 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thanks guys, I took a 1/4 of a sub film around 12pm. (est). Thank god nothing bad happened. I still feel a little shitty but am not squirming like a worm or feel like I don't have to control my breathing like before to manage the pain. I think thevworst is over. And just going to run the subs a few days slowly tapering down each dosage. I've read many been on subs for so long where all the people I've talked w/ said 3 to 4 days to get over the hump and you should b good. I should mention that I wasn't able to even get high at dosages as high as 400mgs p/day. So to me this is just about getting off the physical dependence side of the drug and I feel i' m already past the half way point. If the worst seems to be over than I home free

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:54 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey guys made a mistake before. Took a 3rd of a sub film earlier about8 hrs ago and everything went well. Question is since I started w/ low dose and gotvgood results. Should I take maybe another 3rd before bed and then in the morning. Mind u I am not under MD supervision

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:10 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I would say go by how you feel. If you feel ok then stop. If you are hurting still take another 3rd. Wait an hour, rinse repeat. The fact that you have no dr. Sucks but at least you are not trying to go at this alone. Be aware that too much subs can make you feel terrible (trust). Less is more. It's best to staymat a low a dose as possible since you don't hav constant acess to these (just a guess). Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:02 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thanks prodigy. I appreciate going on how u feel ratherbthan how long between dosages. Question is I don't see much info regarding subsequent dosages. Can anyone give me some insight on how bad I should feel before taking second dose. Especially since I have been feeling better

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:29 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Went ahead and took another 3 rd of subox film about 11 hrs aftr my first dose and continue ti feel good. I can sit up an watch TV. Have been able to eat. Feel I should ivshould be able to get a restful night deep for the first time in 2 days. Just trying all keeps goin smooth as I have a professional job to deal w/. Thank god myvwife was away for the wknd so I could curl up and die and recover. Thanks for everyones input. I'm so excited to b done and will never forget the suffering or the thousands of dollars I've wasted on this stupid shit. No regrets. Just move on and don't look back

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:51 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey guys. Woke up today and can function. Slept the entire night and it's only day three. I should have no problem functioning normal ay my job. I took the last 3rd of film this morning. Tomorrow I plan on dividing my second film into quarters. Then from there I one film left. Anyone have any suggestions on how I should continue my dosage schedule? Should I skip a dose somewhere in between if I can? I almost feel like I could have skipped today's dose but I guess it's the bad habit carrying over from popping my oxy's first thing in the AM. Anyway. Todaybwill be the first day on me feet in two days and I haven't eaten since Friday night so going to try and get some food fin me and pray this continues to go smooth. Thanks everyone for their support. After 2 years of wasting money this is finally going to change everything in my life and marriage that I can't wait to close this chapter of my life. I will return to keep updates of my progress. Thanks again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:56 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

That's great that it worked and you are feeling better. I would say your in a tough position with only 2 more strips. If it was me, I would cot them into 1mg pieces then your other strip into .5 mg pieces. It's meticulate work but can be done. I had a friend that was in the exact position you are. He had 3 and thought that would be enough. I hope you can do this, just remember, don't get cocky, your not cured after a few days.

ps: Why not see a real sub doc?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:28 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Prodiogy, Can you give me some insight. I know I am far from cured. My question is when I run our of subs due I have to worry about some kind of rebound WD or is it the mental part of my mind wanting more opiates?
Thank you advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:48 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

From my personal experience it's both. If you can taper yourself down it won't be as bad. You need to remember that there is no escape from withdrawls, but you can minimize them. I found that it was the mental cravings that got me to relapse each and every time. Subs have a really long half life, and that's what got me one time. I had done a rapid taper (6 days) and took 1mg the last day. the next morning i woke up feeling okay...not good but not bad you know? it was managable. I thought that was it and I was past the rough part, that everyday would get better. Nope. The reason I felt ok was because of the half life (37 hours or so). If you can find a way to distract yourself and stay plugged into recovery you have a shot. Ideally I would say find a dr., pronto, but to each his own. I understand it can cost $ but (and I know it sounds like an NA motto) ho wmuch did you spend using? its fractions less. Hope that helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:51 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Well being that I only had 3 subs to start with and i'm feeling functional but a little edgey i'm gonna really start to taper my dosages from here on out, do you suggest trying to skip a day if i can? Remember, I believe I started with a really low dose to begin with so hoping that WD from subs wont really be an issue. If i can get through WD of oxy on my own for 40hrs i'm hoping subs should be easy. Far as the mental part, only time will tell. But I'm really ready to stop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I really don't know what to say to that...i never skipped doses when i did a taper. I have read on these forums that it can be effective, but I have no personal knowledge. I always just cut my dose in half each day. For the record, I have prob done a rapid taper 8 or 9 times unsuccessfully. It's really hard to turn off those thoughts of using. I still get them even while being "on" suboxone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:01 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thanks,
I really am not worried about using suboxone to keep from using. Ive made it through the most difficult part of that first 2 days of WD. I'm just hoping that using the little bit of suboxone that I did use will make me feel the sickness again of the
WD that I previously did. Like i first mentioned, I was feeling better on my own by my second night and was comptimplating even using the subs at all. I figured that I made it to the safe part not to have to worry about PWD that I would give it a shot of using just a 3rd of a film. Forget the mental part of it all. Just really need to know what sides to expect from using a low dose of subs over a very short time. Could I be sick all over again. I'm not experienced but find it hard to believe if I was already feeling better before I started using the subs, how bad could it be when stopping just 3 films? Again, I'm not a know it all, just sparking conversation to find out what I can expect to be in for. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:43 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Never thought i would be one to say I'm clean 4 days, its just starting to kick in that I believe I'm done with pills and can finally move on. You don't realize how the pills affects everypart of your life. I stopped working out at the gym for over a year and a half. I look like a rail compared to my previous appearance. I'm finally saying I'm finally gonna work out this weekend and get it back. My wife will probably think i'm a whole another person. How many times i shunned her or couldnt be bothered because I was always trying to get high or avoid being sick from not having any. I don't know how i survived on the money i wasted on pills. I can't wait to get paid and actually pay some bills. I'm still not 100% I feel slightly shitty, on my 3rd day of a small amount of suboxone. I'm hoping once i stop that it will have all gone away and I finally crossed over after all this struggle. Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:58 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Boy you have done the distance. I started suboxone today and was only without meds about 10 hours and I thought I would die. I guess maybe I'm not as tough as I thought. When that dr. gave me my first dose he said, "Its 10:50 right now and at 11:50 you will feel normal" He was dead on to the exact minute. It took a full hour before relief. Get some now, take it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:54 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Day 5 and slightly ruff with some stomach issues this morning. A little bit tired. I didn't take any suboxone today and probably feel the way I do because so. I only used subs for 2 days and it did help. I'm contimplating taking a piece now but gonna try and hold off. I figure the sooner i can get off everything the sooner I will b done with this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:04 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

If this posted twice sorry, but i mentioned I took that first step telling my supplier NO today. Was actually taken back. We were the best friends for the past year and a half. Friendship only cost me $1000 p/wk ByeBye

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:22 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Day 6 and last day I'm going to use 1mg of subox. Gonna taper to prob.75 then .50. then .25 then done Mind you I only started with 2mg about 5 days ago. Mornings are slightly ruff. I have been battaling some stomach issues, but I am able to eat. I'm trying to eat healthier and get some calories in me. Going to add in some Multi and B complex. Yesterday was another first, was cleaning out my pants pockets and found a pill. I just stared at it for a min. I just put it to the side thinking what do i do with that. I'm going to flush it tonite...