It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:40 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello everyone,

After 2 months of researching and planning I have gotten myself on Subs and can already tell it was the right choice.

I didn't want to see myself graduate to Heroin due to the high cost of pills. And I believe that was where I was headed.

For me its the depression that kept me using. After being depressed to the point of not being able to hold down a job, opiates gave me my life back in a sense. I have tried just about all the anti depressants it seems and never had much luck.

Anyways, I came along Dr. Junigs videos on youtube and landed here. I really appreciate his point of view on this medication and also was lucky to find a good doctor. I don't have any insurance and my doc was nice enough to prescribe me generic which is about the only thing that makes treatment possible.

I have no desire to continue using pills, thanks to subs. Moving on with life!!

Ryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:23 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's excellent news, Ryan. Congratulations to you! You took a huge step and you should be proud of yourself. It sounds like your induction must have gone smoothly, how are you feeling so far?

Welcome to the forum. I know you'll find the people here to be very supportive and welcoming. Hope to be seeing you around. :)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:53 pm 

Good job, Ryan! I like your moniker, by the way. I know that some people have side effects from sub, and some are negative, but one really positive effect is that it can help depression. There is a section of the forum called "Buprenorphine and Mood" that has some threads on the subject.

Welcome!

Amy

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Ryan, you are very lucky to be prescribed the generic. I asked my doctor for it but he said no, even though I've never been an IV drug user. It would have been nice since I don't have insurance and pay out of pocket.

I chose to stay on subs not only because it helps me stay off of pills, but because it also has alleviated my depression that I have had for many years. I have tried all kinds of anti-depressants over the years, and nothing worked for me. But to my surprise, subs have made it so that my depression is non-existant! Hopefully they will help you in the same way.

Welcome to the forum and keep us posted on how you are doing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:30 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you for the nice replys. I will keep you posted on my progress. I do have one question maybe someone could help me with.

The first day at the doc he dosed be at 8mg of name brand *suboxone. I felt absolutely great all day.
I went back the next day for my follow up and told him that I felt the dose was right. He agreed, wrote the script for the generic and sent me on my way.

I dosed the same 8mg of the (Hi Tech) generic bupe. I didn't get the same sort of buzz and sense of well being as the suboxone. The withdrawals did go away but I noticed myself craving later in the day. I dosed pretty early around 8am.

Has anyone noticed a difference between name brand and generic as far as dosing? I havent tried taking more than 8 as he advised me against it, but did say that if I felt like I needed more to call him and he'd take care of it.

I also had a spurt of nausea and vomiting yesterday.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Ryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:22 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Different individuals seem to have some changes in their sub dosing as they went from name brand to generic and even to different generic brands. Some people might have to up their dose for one brand, others have had to lower it. There is no real rhyme or reason to it, just individual chemistry, it seems.

That "high" feeling you felt is temporary and will subside if it hasn't already. But if you continue to have cravings by late afternoon though, you might have to contact your doctor to up your dose. You should be on a dose that's high enough above the ceiling so you can take it once a day in the morning and it should last until at least the next 24 hours if not more. (The mean half-life is normally 37 hours.)

Hope this helps.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.