It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Re: reading posts
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Orion,

I just meant to stay away from the "horror stories" of sub wd on the Internet. Here and elsewhere. And it's only a suggestion at that!

By all means come here for support!

-gb

Post subject: Your progress
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:57 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi Orion,
Please let us know how your going, as I'm trying to get off by tapering lower than 2mg.
I've done the methadone jump too, so your input would be a great comparasion, of what to expect.
Thank's and I hope the legs settle down.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:30 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[font=Tahoma] [/font] But may of your posts were deleted.. stick with it.. it gets easier.. just takes time.. I sound like a broker record but it is different for EVERYONE... a married couple that were both on bupe jumped the same time I did.. we all are having completely different experiences.. my friends wife jumped from 4mgs and is having a really rough go at it.. Pm if you want details..

On a different note more on the philosophical side, I stumbled on a quote regarding Camus the French Philosopher... (to all the religious folks this is not a dig, just and interesting quote.. I have several friends that count God as the only thing that got them through substance abuse):

"Albert Camus, in his search for an understanding of the principals of ethics that can shape and form our behaviour, may have surreptitiously provided us with three basic principles for life. I am perhaps doing him a gross injustice, but I would summarise as follows: God is dead, life is absurd and there are no rules. In other words, you are on your own and you must take ownership of your own destiny."

Hang in there mate...

Cheers

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:13 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Feeling Alive, I am a firm believer in God, but in no way shape or form, could take offense to that quote! I love it! I think that it's an inspirational quote. Basically saying, Take the wheel when it comes to your life, because noone is going to do it for you! At least thats my interpretation...LOL

have a good day!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:20 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

No offense, but I can see nothing inspirational about that quote. It's a truly depressing philosophy like most post-modernists. I don't know if there's a God, and neither does anyone else, but life is covered in rich meaning. It's one of the beautiful things about it. And there very certainly are rules, whether someone chooses to follow them or not. I would hate to see a world where everyone was following that philosophy. What a nightmare. We're not near as wise as we imagine ourselves to be. Just take a brief look back at history.

Post subject: understood
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:59 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Golden
I by no means want to hijack this thread.. and truly respect your opinion. For me Its all in the interpretation, different words mean different things to different people.. to me life is a bit absurd... and even though I follow the "rules" I still ended up in this precarious situation(after beating two other addictions more than 15 years go)..
Payton had posted some philosophy about reality so I, at the moment I wrote that post, felt it was worth sharing for his/her benefits...For me its sometimes very easy to get down or caught up in the minutia of the moment, or small things but at the end of the day the quote is a doctrine of promoting the individual. You own your own decisions. Its easy to forget that, and use externalities as excuses..
As usual I digress.. Don't want to get into a debate.. just wanted to clarify/explain..

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Rules schmules...life is absurd. :wink: