It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:54 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i have been on 32mg daily for the past 8 months and i feel great! i take it for both addiction and pain management issues.

Post subject: Re: 32mg too much?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:01 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Suble, I feel it is necessary for me to remind you and ALL people who refer to this site for advice that the ONLY person you should seek advice from about the proper dosage of Sub for you is your doctor, no one else! If anyone tells you to take more or less than your doctor has prescribed, they are breaking the law. When someone cannot construct a grammatically sound sentence, it's a safe bet that they are not a licensed physician!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:17 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

tearj3rker wrote:
subie wrote:
Thanks Jimmy and johnboy,
Unfortunately, I have to front up to a dispensing chemist every day and take whatevers prescribed. I saw the doc today and she is reluctant to reduce the dose for the time being so hopefuly things will settle down quickly.
I do have severe chronic back pain so that could be part of the reason why the dose is so high, regardless, I'm happy to be on this stuff and finally off the oxy's.
Cheers,
subie

You in Australia Subie... or the UK?

Like Hatmaker said, nobody can really say whether 32mg is "too much".

I trust your doctor has reasoning behind the high dose, as no doctor would prescribe a dose like that without reasons behind it. Whether it's "too high for you" all depends on how you feel. I haven't heard of anxiety attacks from buprenorphine, but it may be possible, esp before stabilising.

The real way to tell if your dose exceeds your needs, IMO, is if you feel really "stoned", and the drowsiness is consistent with that you felt while high on Oxy. Also, if you still feel like that 24 hours later when you get your next dose, IMO that's a big sign. If that's the case, telling your doctor that Suboxone is making you feel a bit high, I guarantee they'll be more open to a dose reduction. Addiction doctors don't like it when their patients admit to those things, generally.

I've known people on 32mg. It was just the dose they needed to stop themselves using. I've also found that the higher doses of buprenorphine last much longer in the body. Are you on any other medications? Are you taking the film? There are many factors a doctor takes into account when working out a person's dose.

Edit:

I did some sniffing around. Studies into Butrans have shown that buprenorphine can cause QT interval prolongation, so if you have any history of heart arrhythmia or palpitations, let her know.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Re: 32mg too much?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:36 pm 

Hey PhillipH,

This thread is 2½ years old so the OP probably isn't going to read it.

Good advice though, but I wouldn't pick on anyone's grammar here. We only speak from personal experience. Back in '12, a lot of doctors knew very little about Buprenorphine. Every day it's getting better and better as more healthcare workers are learning more about it.

Thanks for posting,

r