It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: 2nd time on suboxone
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:49 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

i started using heroin last summer in '13...since then i have gone from smoking it to shooting it. And i live on the west coast, so we have that tar shit. I first went on subutex 2mg for smoking it(first time to the doc and only smoking it at time)that was in December 13, but now they put me on suboxone, months later after i started telling the doc, i injected it now. which began after i started on subutex, i thought i could use and substitute subutex when out of the drug so basically used it as a bridge. Now after iv shots of dope...i want to stop now, but ever since i started doing it IV, my body has always felt weak and fatigued when i stop and get on suboxone...I enjoyed exercising and weight lifting, now i havent even gone to the gym in a month now...is this fatigue,weakness, lack of energy and just feel like shit always like this when using suboxone? or is that just the first few days?

im thinking of going back on subutex, just at a higher dose...than ween, because last time i dropped off at 2mg subutex and withdrawals were a bitch for about a week in a half, having heart beat pounding like a MF.

advice?

Post subject: Re: 2nd time on suboxone
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you exercise, you will have more energy and stop feeling like shit. Suboxone isn't 'making' you feel lazy; it is just giving you an excuse to avoid doing what you need to do. I have a patient on Suboxone who runs marathons--- and patients who work 60 hours per week in factories. Then I have people who lay around, and blame the laying around on.... something. Suboxone in some cases-- or a different medication, or the weather, or their 'anxiety', or their bad parents.

You say you haven't gone to the gym in a month.... I doubt Suboxone hid your membership or your car keys. Take you dose of Suboxone.... then get to the gym. Change your reality. You'll feel better.