It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi! I am new to this and I want to kick my addiction in the butt and say I TOLD YOU SO BUSTA! :D

Hi I am on day 2. :shock: I have been off of H for 3 days but have been on suboxone for 2 days. It taste like shit. Sorry to be negative but my doctor wants me taking one 8mg strip in the AM and another 8mg strip in the PM. How am I supposed to stomach the awful taste? I literally want to gag. I just almost did. Is this a high dosage? I have anxiety too. :roll: I'm an addict so of course I'm contemplating scoring some benzos. What will this do? Is this a bad idea?

Honestly here's the deal :arrow: ..my DOC is OxyContin. I was using about 4-5 80's a day (started on OC's, then switched to OP's and occassionaly I was able to find a real OC but that is irrelivent) Don't pay attention to my terrible spelling. So anyway, my addiction was originally just to Oxys. Then I got pregnant. I couldn't continue on the pills, so instead I started buying subs off the street. I still felt like I was harming my baby and myself, not to mention my life was in ruins. So, I went to rehab. At 3 months pregnant, I stopped the suboxone cold turkey and was clean for the next 6-7 months. I had my son, he is healthy and happy as ever. While in the hospital I was prescribed hydrocodein and that triggered my allergy. So, after having the dr refill my script, and running out, my Oxy dealer refused to serve me because he cared about me and saw that I was able to stay clean and had a newborn. I went to the ghetto and scored some H. I have been mixing it with Sominex sleep aid and doing cheese everyday. Only like a half a day though. So anyway, I'm always tired cranky, zombie like, smoke too many cigs, out of shape, getting fat (went from size 0 to size 5), and I am just very unhappy with myself spiritually, emotionally, physically, financially (spending over $1,000 a month on boi) and I want a change. My dr prescribed me 16 mg a day of sub.

Is this possible? How do I keep from relapsing? I want to make it to day 30, then 60, then 90, then 100, then I want to get off of the sub (thats a totally different battle, I know, but I'll face that when I get there.)

So, can I do this? How do I stomach the terrible taste? Can I wash it down with water?
Should I buy benzos to help with the anxiety?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:21 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

why is no one replying? thanks for the help?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:55 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey dressuppretty! Yea the taste can suck! I don't have experience with the strips, I get the suboxone pills. At first I thought there was no way I'd be able to deal with the taste, but once I got used to taking them, I was able to keep it under my tongue and not really taste anything till it's done dissolving. It just takes some patience, and try not to move it or swallow until its done. If you can, wait a few mins after that to drink anything, if not drink something right after, it doesn't make a big difference. As far as the benzos, ask your sub doc what he can prescribe to help with the anxiety. Klonipin should be ok, I had trouble with being tired at first taking klonipin, but now I just take a half pill at night and it doesn't make me sleepy during the day and works great for the anxiety! Hope this helps you! Good luck! Let me know if I can offer any other help. I've been on suboxone for about 2 and a half months.