It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:47 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Yep, day two and so far not too bad. Yesterday had some leg pain and bad headaches. No real craving though and i was able to do things normally again, not in a oxy fog from using 250mg a day. That was for about 3 months but it just kept going up once i hit the 100mg mark. I do have chronic back pain and was prescribed 80mg a day but of course that wasn't enough and of course i got more. Anyway id say i feel about 90% normal today. Im taking 2 strips a day and it seems ok. Just hope i can stay on this cause i was headed to a bad place. Shortly before turning to subs i bought my first batch of heroin... Decided not to use it.. Flushed it all and that was not easy. Im glad i did though i am lucky i still have my career and my family and i kno this disease takes that away from a lot of people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi newtosubs and welcome. And congrats to you on starting subs and stopping that crazy, dead-end cycle of active addiction. I'm so glad to hear your sub treatment is going well.

I also wanted to say you should be proud of yourself for flushing that heroin! That couldn't have been easy - in fact I don't know if I could have done it if it were me. So give yourself the proverbial pat on the back. This tells me you are damn determined and that you WILL make it! Give yourself credit where it is due.

Again, welcome to the forum. Hope to see you posting more.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:33 am 
New Poster
New Poster

thank you hatmaker....no it was not easy. but i knew if i started that it would all be over soon. i have 2 youngs kids and i want to live to see them grow up, im so ashamed i even let this go on so long. it bothers me so much everyday. anyway i feel great right now, normal, slight headache but not much at all. regaining energy levels and not half asleep. i feel like i could actually start working out again which was also stopped due to lack of energy and only caring about how many i had left and where to get more.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:39 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

FLUSH IT! GOOD FOR YOU!! :D

It is now nearly a month later--- how are you doing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:22 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am on my 2nd day of Sub from a 2yr Roxi death......how are you doing? Reading your post. Took a strong person to flush. I too have children, family, career was on the road to losing it all. You can do it, so can I!!

Hope you stay strong.

Getting this demon out of me,
T.

Post subject: Me Too
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have my first 2 mg of Suboxone under my tongue, coming back to Suboxone AGAIN after ANOTHER oxy/heroin ripper, using about 400 mg oxy or 2 grams of heroin per day. Switching back to Sub is always pretty bad for me after a year or so of going back and forth between full agonists and Suboxone. Thankfully I have no work/school for the weekend sop I can get the worst of it out of the way. I have used a little bit of clonazepam and some marijuana to ease the switch over.

However, I am just sick of the active addiction lifestyle. I want out. I have an appt with a new sub doc on Monday, prob going back up to a higher dose, like 4-8 mg per day. These days I take 2 mg at the most when I take it. Any more seems to do nothing, but I'm sure it probably helps in some way.

Post subject: to the original poster
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

to the original poster... I can relate to the flushing.... I've flushed everything from fentynal patches.... 40 or so, and many oxymorpohne bottles, and even oxy.... never had h though.

Anyway, flushing is a really powerfull thing to do. It is really EMpowering. however, i soon need my pain medicine and right now for example i could just kick myself in the nuts for doing that. So back and forth I go, but If you can keep it down in the sewer then Congrats!

Good luck... I think this is a pretty good place. Not like usual forums for opiates... people here are serious about maintaining on the beuprenorphine.

:D welcome and keep up the good fight.