It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: 2nd day on suboxone
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:27 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey everyone I am fairly new to the forum.I have been addicted to pain killers for three years,it started off just for fun and it all went downhill from their.I had a 160mg habit of oxycontin and if i didnt have that i had a 250mg habit of hydrocodone.The doctor i saw yesterday started me on 16mg of suboxone,so far it is very good i am happy to be able to function again...everyone here on the forum seems to be very supporitive and i am glad i found a place where i feel accepted....I think what the subox doc has put together here is a very good thing. :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:38 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

hi mapp and welcome! i'm pretty new here myself, and i must agree with you that the people here have been nothing but really great. i love what the subox doc has done by blogging, answering emails, and setting up this forum as a safe place for people to share. it's nice not getting harassed over what i've chosen for my recovery.

glad to hear your induction is going smoothly. how long do you think you'll be on suboxone for?? congrats on taking steps towards recovery!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi & welcome to the forum. Glad to hear Suboxone is treating you right so far. Keep us posted on how things go.

-Jack Kornfield

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:14 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

**dirtysouth** wrote:
hi mapp and welcome! i'm pretty new here myself, and i must agree with you that the people here have been nothing but really great. i love what the subox doc has done by blogging, answering emails, and setting up this forum as a safe place for people to share. it's nice not getting harassed over what i've chosen for my recovery.

glad to hear your induction is going smoothly. how long do you think you'll be on suboxone for?? congrats on taking steps towards recovery!

I really dont know how long i am going to be on suboxone for but one thing i know is that i will not be on it for a short time...I have alwasys been able to push through the withdrawls its the cravings that always seem to get me... and thank you dirty south for the congrats and i also am from the south.The deep south

Post subject: 3rd morning on suboxone
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:27 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

The 2nd day was great....today i woke up with a bad headache and i was throwing up untill i took my suboxone.Is this going to happen every morning and is this normal?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:38 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Mapp-
Headaches seem to be a normal symptom during the induction phase of Suboxone treatment. I had them for about a week.It will get better once your system has gotten used to your medication. I know other people have experienced vomiting as well, and once you have enough Suboxone in your system, that should cease as well.
I want to congratulate you on your choice to end the insanity of opiate addiction. None of us ever think we will be dependent on opiates when we start taking them, but they are the hardest thing to kick. You don't ever have to do this alone, everyone here knows what you are going through and are here to help you along the way.Welcome, and just so you know I am available in CHAT during support meeting time on Monday and Wednesday at 7:30pm EST.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:39 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

mornin' mapp-ster. hmm, the deep south huh?? brings to mind all kinds of snarky goodness, that i'll keep to myself.

as for the throwing up, i can't say whether or not that is normal...perhaps it's residual opiate withdrawals left over from what you were on before you started with the suboxone. my own induction was a long time ago, and honestly it's nothing but a blur for me!

just hang in there, cuz it will get better!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

a weird thing you just said is that my old nickname someone gave was mapp-ster?

Post subject: sick
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:58 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

When I started I was told sometimes it helps to take the meds several times a day at the same total dosage perscribed by your doc. I was very edgey and I also did not understand the 1/2 life and that will kick in soon and help you feel better. I started at 4mg and went to 8mg ultamitly 4 times a day toteling 36ml per day. That was 8 mounths ago and now i am at 2mg in the am and 2 ml tab in pm. You have to get creative by cutting the taps to spread it out at least that is what i did and used the same tool to wind down. Hang i there you will start to sleep again soon and feel much better. Those trigers will go away and you will start to function again. I must say I had a hevy habit and never got sick when I went on . Talk to your doc.
Best of luck to you..
8,500 tabs a year.

Post subject: Fourth day on suboxone
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Today is my fourth day on suboxone and i am doing much better the sickness is starting to go away. I would also like to thank everyone for all of their wonderful advice it all has helped.I am also going to continue being active in everything this sight has to offer.Thank u all very much!!!!!!!!