It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 3:36 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

So 2 months ago I decided I wanted to taper off Suboxone and started tapering in small doses once I hit 2mg. I'm using my Rx film cutting guide and taking 8mg films and cutting them to the current dose for that week.

I started at 2mg and drop my dose by .063mg every week. I take 1mg in the morning and the remainder in the evening. My doeses are as follows:

week 1 = 2 mg
week 2 = 1.938 mg
week 3 = 1.875 mg
week 4 = 1.813 mg
week 5 = 1.75 mg
week 6 = 1.688 mg
week 7 = 1.625 mg
week 8 = 1.563 mg
week 9 = 1.5 mg

I know 2 months seems like a long time to drop .5 mg's, but I prepare my week's doses in 15 minutes one weekend day and then put them in my week long pill holder. The night before, I put my next day's dose in a small (1" x1") plastic bag and slide it into my wallet. My obvioius long term goal is to be off Suboxone since I have already been on it for 3 year. Therefore, I plan, cut and track my doses and take my taper one day at a time. Before you know it, I'm down to .5mg without feeling much of any withdrawal symptons.

When I do drop, on occasion I experience some minor discomforts, but nothing I can't handle. On day 2 after I drop, I will feel some tiredness and get dry eyes, but sometimes I think that could be from staying up late the night before due to non Suboxone activities and the dry eyes from staring at the computer screen at work all day. Regardless, I notice them more on the few days after I drop which also part of the mental games Suboxone has. Also, my stomach is usually a little more active as well. I often take Immodium and Aleve and those will take care of any "abnormal" feelings I have.

Luckily, I haven't had any issues sleeping or any of the restless legs that can be common when dropping doses, so I'm grateful for that! My doctor has prescribed me several different presrciptions to combat withdrawals, but haven't had to take those either.

I plan to keep dropping my doses by .063mg every week and will provide another update in 2 months once I get down to 1mg. Hopefully the symptons will be minor and no worse than what I've experienced so far. I really do believe in this gradual taper and look foward to taking to the end!

-RXFCG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:49 pm 

Way to go! Sounds like a nice, gradual taper! I'm glad to hear about your success and I hope it continues.

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:44 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Nice!! Im glad you found a taper plan that works for you, and that your sticking to it. I hope you keep this thread updated everytime you hit a milestone in your taper. I look forward to reading your progress until the end, and maybe ill be able to get some good ideas from you! Good job so far!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:56 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Any & Beautiful Disaster, thank you for the support and encouragement! I'll keep everyone updated and share as many lessons learned as I can. I'm just happy that I made it to 1.5mg and can maintain it. The last time I attempted, which was over a year ago, I jumped down way too fast and took too big of a drop that I couldn't maintain the dose. This is a personal record and I plan on beating it 1 week at a time!

Thanks again for the support!

-RXFCG