It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: 27th day off of Suboxone
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:20 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I wanted to post a little bit about my story. I have tried to quit suboxone before over Christmas of 2012. I went into detox and rehab on March 31st. I was on 3.5mg of suboxone and 4-5mg of xanax everyday. I just want to reiterate that I couldn't have gotten off Suboxone or Xanax without going into rehab. I had tried on my own just the month before to get of just suboxone. I was detoxed off both meds simultaneously. I was given phenobarbital for the benzo w/d and muscle relaxers for both. But nothing for the suboxone I wasn't tapered lower. I didn't sleep for the first 7-10 days. I believe this was due to the benzo wd primarily. I suffered severe tremors and shakes as well due to the benzo wd. The benzo wd was hell. The suboxone wd didn't start for a few days in my opinion. Also it was very mild. I was on suboxone never higher than 6 mg and generally about 2-3mg for over 18 months. I was in a room with 2 other guys and in a rehab with 35 other men. It was torture and my anxiety was thru the roof. That being said I couldn't have done this unless I was locked up in a rehab. I have been out for 3 days. I never want to see another Sub. I also got the vivitrol shot after 21 days. I used a lot of clonidin. I also used inderal. Inderal slowed my pulse and heart rate which was over 120 beats for over a week due to the benzo wd. I am attending 1-2 NA or AA meetings a day. I have all gotten a sponsor since I have been out and am attending IOP 3 nights a week. I am fighting for my life. I know that now. Suboxone is a great tool to help me defeat an opiate addiction that raged for over 13 years. But it is now time to fight without it for me.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:31 pm 

Hey Scorpio, thanks for the update! I'm glad that you were able to do what you needed to do. I'm sure the rehab was hell! I hope that you never have to do that again!

Working on your recovery right now is soooo important, so I'm glad you have meetings and a sponsor to rely on. Keep up the good work and let us know how you're doing here and there!

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:25 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Just wanted to say it can be done and I am doing fantastic.... I am starting to in the past few weeks actually feel better than I did before I cam off of subs. The energy level is the last thing to come back for me.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:02 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for the update! It gives me hope as I head into day 9 sub free!