It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: .25mg/day. Am I ready?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:18 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I've been taking .25mg/day for about 2 weeks. During my taper I split my daily dose to two or three times per day. This helped me function with a long work day. I knew before I jumped I would have to take single daily doses. For about a week I was taking .125mg in the morning and night and stabilized normally like other tapers. A week ago I started taking the .25mg in the morning and since then I've been waking up with anxiety and RLS. I can't seem to stabilize on this dose.

Why aren't I stabilizing at once per day? I was fine at the same daily amount split twice per day. I don't know if I should jump or stay at this amount longer and taper again. I have a high metabolism. Could that affect things? Also, will feeling this crappy evey taper, and now every morning, help me when I finally jump? Does the brain heal at all during the taper?

I figured try and see if someone can help me here. This is more of a medical question. My doctor is a "suboxone spokesman" yet doesn't know anything about it and only cares about money. Any kind of advice or suggestions is really appreciated. Thanks a lot.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:27 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I'd say your ready. Don't worry too much about splitting doses. I was tripping on that too cause I'd worked so hard to get to one daily dose but I was spending the first part of the day pretty relieved and the second part withdrawing. It was a roller coaster for me and not fair for my two kids and husband. I was finally down to dust on my fingertip twice a day when I jumped.

It's not easy, but very doable. I'm almost a year off subs and I can't even tell you how amazing I feel both physically and mentally.

Best of luck!

"the only way out is through"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I jumped off at .25/day (taking .125 in the morning and .125 at night) and here I am 41 days later! I don't feel 100 percent at the moment but damn near close. Sleep and GI problems fluctuate, but mental stability has been on point. I also find it difficult to focus at times, but the episodes last about 10 minutes max! I think you will be fine jumping off where you are. The problem with suboxone is that the w/d is more drown out than a regular agonist, BUT the symptoms arent anywhere near as intense, especially if you taper properly. I found myself having worse symptoms when I was stabilizing my dose at .25 rather than the first two weeks of nothing.

Good luck!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:10 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

manoxside wrote:
I jumped off at .25/day (taking .125 in the morning and .125 at night) and here I am 41 days later! I don't feel 100 percent at the moment but damn near close. Sleep and GI problems fluctuate, but mental stability has been on point. I also find it difficult to focus at times, but the episodes last about 10 minutes max! I think you will be fine jumping off where you are. The problem with suboxone is that the w/d is more drown out than a regular agonist, BUT the symptoms arent anywhere near as intense, especially if you taper properly. I found myself having worse symptoms when I was stabilizing my dose at .25 rather than the first two weeks of nothing.

Good luck!

I find it so interesting how differently everyone experiences are with suboxone and especially when stopping. Quite the opposite of manoxside, I had very little sleep issues and zero GI problems when I stopped, but mentally I was just burnt out, sometimes sad feeling, moments of self loathing then self pity. I was a wreck basically. My experience was "perfect" for me because it wasn't so hard that it felt impossible, but just hard enough to make me never ever want to feel that way again. In the last year, if I've ever had a flutter of a craving, I easily talk myself out of it by remember those first few weeks off suboxone.

"the only way out is through"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks. It's been 2 and a half days (lol counting every hour) since my last dose. I feel better than yesterday and hopefully will feel better tomorrow. When I was taking .25mg in the morning, it was like a minor withdrawal every morning. I felt like I was tourchering myself. Tapering further could benicificial for some people though. It's more of a roller coaster but the jump will feel like another taper.

It's funny how I read, in the drs. blog, that suboxone withdrawal isn't as bad as opiate withdrawal because people are able to type about their experiences. I thought to myself "I will never be able to do that during withdrawal. Those people must be nuts". Honestly it's not that bad. I'd say a little worse than from 1.5-1mg or 1-.5mg. I have taken a couple of chlonodines and been trying to eat and get up amap. The hardest part for me is RLS. I'm too tired to get up but can't sit still. Still I know every minute that passes I am closer to success. It is hard knowing I have sub in the closet and bottles of opiates in med cab. I will be giving those back the the dr. next week. No turning back now!

Last night I had to make an errand and literally drug myself to the car. As I was driving and listening to music, my endorphins were pumping. I just kept driving and felt GREAT. Idk what it is but just moving in a vehicle helps.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You are definitely ready! I truly believe that Suboxone saved my life. My withdrawal from other things was absolute hell- weeks of my skin crawling and vomiting and no sleep. What many people fail to recognize is that suboxone withdrawal can many times be done while at work (i did and I know many other people who did). No way in HELL i could have done that from the other substances (opiates but not going to get too specific). The key thing with suboxone is that most people (and many doctors) don't realize how powerful suboxone is- they start people WAAAY too high. I think the reason they do this is because suboxone has a ceiling effect- after about 24mg taking more basically does nothing. Most people shouldn't start at higher than 8mg and that is for a high abuse habit.

The key to suboxone withdrawal as you know is TAPER TAPER TAPER. This drug as everyone knows has a very long half-life. Don't jump from anything higher than 1mg. I wish they sold the drug in doses lower than 2mg but they don't, so you will have to cut the strip (or pill) in half or double half. The last few weeks I was taking about .5mg a day, then going to every other day. After 9 days I felt almost 100% better. The PAWS can last for months, but the majority of the REALLY bad withdrawal is usually done in 2 weeks. You will still have lingering side effects but who ever really feels 100% every day? Good luck to you, life is SO much better sober. I laugh again, I am myself again, I cry again, and I love again. It's amazing how much this drug takes from you. GET CLEAN and live your life.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:53 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

One more thing I forgot to mention. Make sure you plan your withdrawal. I know I said TAPER TAPER TAPER which is critical, but also plan on dealing with the effects of withdrawal. I’m not saying that it is easy, but I am saying that when done properly it is MUCH easier than coming off other things. One thing that will help tremendously with stomach issues is Imodium (Loperamide) which is actually the only over the counter opiate medication available in the States. There are many arguments over if Imodium crosses the blood-brain barrier (it does) and I am NOT advocating how to get high. My only point is that at times Imodium was a life saver in the first few days of really intense withdrawal. It targets the u-opiod receptors in your gastrointestinal tract and helps with the diarrhea, calms your stomach and some addicts even report that it calms the withdrawal symptoms.

For aches and pains take ibuprofen. Hot showers are almost orgasmic when going through withdrawals. Recognize that your body is going through massive changes and that is to be expected. Definitely take some time to yourself, but try to stay active. Trust me I have been there and the LAST thing you want to do is exercise or get out, but make a point of walking or running an errand or getting out at least once a day. Let someone close to you know what you are going through and what to expect if possible, or just tell them you don't feel good and leave it at that. It does get better.