It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: good for you bags
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:12 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

You are on the right track bags .... I truly understand .... I'm older than 50 and what 99% of americans would consider very successful .... your wanting to be done with the chase and all the baggage ... been there !
You are in good professional hands and if you follow the plan you will have a better life. Sub is an amazing alternative
FOR SURE! Just please understand that what they are proposing is not a 2 year deal .... one of the most rapid growing detox business's is getting people off sub .... sub withdrawals are horrible .... you have the opportunity "right now' to be able to jump when YOU are ready & slightly easier by assuming a lower and just as affective dose. Check out robt325 blog on this site if they did'nt erase it. Good family support and 12 step is also key.
Sometimes you have to just give in .... understood .. nothing wrong with that compared to where you were ....
and I told you so ....
my conscience is clear.
hang in there .... GOD BLESS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thanks mac - i am listening and i would definitely like to remain in touch with you.
sounds like we have much in common.

Bags

Post subject: Will do
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:44 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Will do bags ... you have had enough drama for today... proud of ya man !
Should be proud of yourself !
Just a frame of reference and "to do" tomorrow .... take a look at a $1 bill .... find one with a 0 in SN ... I was depressed with serious WD's for a month quitting what sub fits INSIDE that zero !!!!
This is a POWERFUL drug my friend .... VERY POWERFUL
stay in touch

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey bags,

I'm glad your induction went so well. You sound like me when I first got on Suboxone, in less than an hour I went from being in pretty heavy duty wd to WOW, this Suboxone stuff really works great!!!

I'm gonna agree with macboy that I think you should get to the lowest dose possible that addresses your cravings. Being on too high of a dose of Suboxone can actually raise your tolerance to opiates even higher than it is now, you don't want that because that's just gonna make it that much harder for you to come off of Suboxone in the future.

If I were you, I would speak to my doctor about this and see what he says.

Anyway, glad you had a nice induction and glad to hear you're doing well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:29 am 

Hi Bags,

Congrats on starting your new life! My doctor had me do 48 hours before I was induced too. I think that was great timing because I had a chance to get a little miserable before the sub brought me back to feeling great too.

My doc started me on 12 mg. I was taking about 8 10mg percs a day before I quit. That first night after the induction I felt terrible for about an hour. I called my doc and left a message and he called me back within 10 minutes and had me take another 4 mg of sub. 16 mg was my dose from then on. I'm thinking that you're on 16 mg not 18, btw. I don't know if it was too much sub, and if I had asked about my dose here I might have gotten the same advice you did, but I did fine on 16 mg for 5 months. Then I decided I wanted to taper and go off. The taper has been slow and very easy. I started tapering in Feb. and I'm at 4 mg now. I wouldn't worry too much if 16 mg is a lot. It was a cakewalk getting down to 12 mg from there and only took a month. It was pretty easy down to 6 mg, but I know that tapering from 4 mg isn't going to be as easy.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't worry too much about the dose you're on unless you're experiencing miserable side effects. At least not for now. After you feel stable for a while you can drop your dose down a bit if you would like. Make sure you wait 3 to 5 days to see how the dosage change affects you. It takes that long for your level of sub to drop.

I'm not saying that Macboy and Romes are wrong about their concern that your dose may be high for you. I'm just saying that I don't think it's a big deal for now.

Amy

Post subject: agreed
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:25 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey all .... i can agree with advising bags to not worry about mg's too much now if he feels he is in a good place.
Having been thru entire trip ... I am only on forum to help people upon induction understand that Dr's are instructed to induce and exceed the ceiling dose of between 4-8 mgs daily .... the purpose is well understood for all of us cravers. Fill receptors so we can stop thinking about drugs.
As robt325 posted many times ... sub works at much lower levels and as this forum over and over reveals ... people maintain for months on .25 mgs ! Getting below ceiling is at best a bitch ... dropping from 16 mg to 3-4 mg not so much ! Dropping from 3-4 to .25 another long term ( must think about drug EVERYDAY ) story.
My humble opinion and I'm NOT a Dr .... is sub is prescribed at too high a dose and the long term ramifications not properly explained prior to induction. Any changes made should be done before receptors become flooded with it. Bags within a week/2 can be down below 3 mgs if and only if he starts NOW !
I understand both sides ...
best to all of us ...
live well ... be well