It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:05 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hi Posts: 1
Hi- long story short i just started zubsolv this week. My doctor said suboxone would work better but insurance issues, so for now he started me on zubsolv. Told me to take 2 a day of the 5.7 mg. no further instructions, and come back in two weeks. I feel completely amazing. no side effects, no wd, no cravings. But after about 6 hours i start with the body aches, ect, and cravings. NO cravings to do doc, just to take zubsolv. SO i take my dose and im great again for about 6 hours. (5 or 6). I have been taking 3 a day and it's perfect for me. I feel as though i might actually be able to do this. My question is, i am scared to call the doctor and tell him this. Will i be kicked out or judged for drug seeking behavior ect??? will he understand??? It would be the eqivalent of 24 mg suboxone they say. PLEASE- i am aware that sooo many people say you don't need more than this or that mg. please no judgeing just answers . I'm not feeling high at all just normal, great. laughing and smiling again. and when i take the 3 im great all day, and with 2 i crave all night and have some wd....any help would be so greatly appreciated.....thanks so much

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:05 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

started zubsolv this week first time ever. doctor said take 2 (5.7) equal to 2 8 mg suboxone they say , twice a day. i find i need 3 a day but scared to say so. at 2 a day still having wd and cravings after 5 or 6 hours. If 1 take 1 three times a day my life is amazing no wd or cravings and feel normal. Able to laugh, carry on with son, and responsibilities, cooking ect without thinking about my norcos at all. When i say cravings i mean feeling the need to take the zubsolv not norco. Ater i take a dode then the wd leg aches yawning ect subside and i dont think about it again for 5 o6 hiurs when symptoms return. I am new to treatment and don't know if telling him i need 3 to feel normal is similar to telling pain doc u need more opiates.....will he frown on me??? I want to be completely honest with him, or i might as well keep abusing norco....not feeling high at all just normal, and right. any one know how this works?? he told me take 2 a day and come back in 2 weeks, but if i take 3 a day ill run out, and 2 a day i cant do.....its not holding me .thanks forany help

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:30 am 

Hi Newbie39. I noticed that you posted two very similar questions. We try to keep a question to only one post on the forum, so I merged your two threads.

I hope someone comes along to answer your question soon!

Amy

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:20 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My opinion is that you should call the doc immediately and let him know what's going on. If you continue to use too much you will run out before your appointment. That will look worse than if you call right now and let him know that you are having trouble sticking to the dose he prescribed. I don't know how your doctor will react, but you have to give him a call and find out before you go any further. It is possible he will up your dose, but he may not. Either way you will have to figure it out so that you don't run out before your appointment.

If he doesn't up your dose, you will be ok. Try pushing your first dose out a little bit further into the day. If you are currently taking it as soon as you wake up, maybe you could try waiting a couple hours before your first dose. Try distracting yourself when you start craving. I know that sounds stupid, but it will work. When you are at the very beginning of your treatment it takes a couple weeks to break the habit of dosing multiple times during the day. This is simply leftover addictive behavior. Buprenorphine is a very long acting drug and once it gets in your system it should hold you for 24 hours. Just give it some time, and I'm sure you will see that you can make that 2 a day work for you.

Good luck! But either way, please let your doctor know that you are struggling. He will appreciate your honesty and may be able to help you work through it.

Q

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:01 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Amy-Work In Progress wrote:
Hi Newbie39. I noticed that you posted two very similar questions. We try to keep a question to only one post on the forum, so I merged your two threads.

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:11 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

qhorsegal2 wrote:
My opinion is that you should call the doc immediately and let him know what's going on. If you continue to use too much you will run out before your appointment. That will look worse than if you call right now and let him know that you are having trouble sticking to the dose he prescribed. I don't know how your doctor will react, but you have to give him a call and find out before you go any further. It is possible he will up your dose, but he may not. Either way you will have to figure it out so that you don't run out before your appointment.

If he doesn't up your dose, you will be ok. Try pushing your first dose out a little bit further into the day. If you are currently taking it as soon as you wake up, maybe you could try waiting a couple hours before your first dose. Try distracting yourself when you start craving. I know that sounds stupid, but it will work. When you are at the very beginning of your treatment it takes a couple weeks to break the habit of dosing multiple times during the day. This is simply leftover addictive behavior. Buprenorphine is a very long acting drug and once it gets in your system it should hold you for 24 hours. Just give it some time, and I'm sure you will see that you can make that 2 a day work for you.

Good luck! But either way, please let your doctor know that you are struggling. He will appreciate your honesty and may be able to help you work through it.

Q

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:16 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

newbie39 wrote:
Amy-Work In Progress wrote:

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:03 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

newbie39 wrote:
qhorsegal2 wrote:

Q

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey newbie,

It looks like you may be having problems posting a response to your thread. If you want to post a response just hit the "reply to post" button at the bottom left hand corner of the thread. After you type what you want in the box hit "submit". :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thanks, yes i am a little slow lol..... i was hitting quote.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:06 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Having similar issue but was on soboxone for over a year then switched to zubsolv 2 5.7mg tabs a day.. Told that would be equal to my suboxone dose at 16mgs 2x daily.. Been taking it for the 4th day and still feeling withdrawals like i need a increase in dosage. (Haven't taken anything over what I've been told to). Also scared to say anything to my doctor.. But I don't want to feel like this either.. Is asking for 3 5.7mgs daily too much? I am also still in limbo with insurance so paying out of pocket for all meds with a discount card zubsolv is cheaper than suboxone films and generic suboxone tablets did me no good. Please help! Feeling hopeless.. :(

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:09 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Too clarify my dosage.. Daily suboxone taken 8mg twice daily=16mg total
Daily zubsolv taken 5.7 mg twice daily=11.4mg

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:30 pm 

Were u taking the suboxone films or pills before u switched to zubsolve? I take films and I also pay cash for everything because I have no insurance, it definitely gets expensive.

There are ppl that, for some reason, have issues just like urs when switching to something different. I have no idea why this happens because buprenorphine is buprenorphine....but there's plenty of ppl discuss this same issue. Could be absorption or who knows. If I were u I'd talk to my doctor, I know u said u didn't want to but what's ur alternative?

I hope u get it figured out.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Db,
Welcome. Agree w jennjenn.

Also, while the stated dosage is different btw these 2 bup brands, the absorbed dose is the same bc more zubsolve absorbs than sub. Look around here, especially posts from Dr J on this. Also look around here for best absorption ways for zubsolve. I guess you prefer Zub due to cost... still worth it to let your Dr. know you feel you're getting less. Wishing you my best, P