It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:09 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey guys. So my frst appointment is in the morning, and I am absolutely a nervous wreck. I cannot sleep, I'm so nervous. It's 2 am here and I'm sitting on the couch panicking. I'm unsure of how things will go tomorrow. When I made my appointment she Said she would have me sign a contract and enter me into a system that sees what scripts I pick, fine with me. And I asked how long I had to w/d before I could start and she just said until I felt uncomfortable. Now it's the night before and I've got racing thoughts. I've taken sub off the street when in w/d and couldn't get anything else, and I plan to be totally honest about this as It might still be in my system. I took bupe maybe 5 days ago. And oxy last night as I was too sick, then today like a dummy sick with the sweats and aches I drank these things called viva zen that are Kratom amongst other things knowing hydro and oxy was not an option for wanting to be in wd. My Dr is hours away and the only one around really, it's 250$ no insurance and I'm scared to death I won't be in a hard enuff wd for them to induct me and I won't be able to afford to drive back and another office visit just a day or two later. I've almost considered not going just so I don't waste my money. She said whenever I felt bad so I'm not sure if I will be in ducting at home or their as she also said I could be there for three hours. I need this to get my life back, I want to enjoy my babies again and play without taking a hand full of pills to get out of bed. Just nervous and needing some encouragement.
Thanks yall, slb. Xxx

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:07 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

SLB

It's a big step and one that is worth taking imo. I was a nervous wreck also! I was giving up my security blanket for the unknown and i went back & forth about what to do. I didn't think i was in bad enough w/d's when i went in but the doctor did his exam & started me on a low dose. It was about 3 hours until he let me go home.

All i can tell you is it was worth it for me to go on sub and get my life back. I would think nothing of paying cash for a script every 2 weeks- $300-$400 so i figured i was saving money in the long run.

I don't know anything about kratom so i can't help you there.

If it were me i would go and get started.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey girl,

I know how scared you are, we've all been there! There are so many things that you aren't sure of in the beginning, but it usually winds up being worry for nothing. You should be fine with the kratom, it only lasts a few hours. I'm sure that you will be feeling enough wd by the time your appointment rolls around to induce safely. You haven't posted since early this morning, so I'm hoping that you went to the office and got it all straightened out. :D Let us know when you get home! I'm sure you will be just fine.

Q

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:04 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey guys. Appointment got set back a little bit. We're just pulling into town and heading to the Dr's office. I'll let yall know how it goes. I'm definitely in withdrawal sweats stomach cramps and aches not real severe right now though. Still super nervous and scared, and possibly a little sick to my stomach, from either nerves or wd. Not sure!! Praying all goes well.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:53 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey guys!! Everything went great! Idk what I was so worried about. He was very nice, although he didn't do any kind of physical exam, I was given a dose of two 8 MG films twice a day, which I know from my "street" experience Is more than I need, but I didn't say that (so I can build up a stash for emegencys). He also picked up on other things very quickly that I didn't mention or hint to at all. I've suffered with depression, anxiety and ptsd for years, got off meds and just never went back when things got bad again, but he immediately put me back on Prozac as well as sending me to a psychiatrist for a bit polar eval. Overall he was very nice and I had nothing to worry about. One thing that bothered me, Even though I know how is him not explaining how to take the sub at all. Or when to take it etc . Just wrote it sent me home and said see us next month. I wonder how many people he's done that too, that don't know how to properly take it or not go into pc w/d.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:52 pm 

Hey SL great news! See everything went good. When I first started, I had to go once a week for 3 months, once every two weeks for 3 months, and finally once a month and I'm still once a month. I had so many questions at first, I'd been crazy if I'd had to wait a month before going bk. But after that I wanted to hurry and be monthly so bad. U don't have to worry about PW now, if ur first dose went well and u feel good then no worries about that now. As far as when to take it, its really up to u. I usually take mine after I wake up each morning. I take all my dose that one time and don't touch it again til the next day when I wake up. Unless ur taking sub for pain its really recommended to only dose once a day. If u have anymore questions just ask, we'll all be happy to answer!! Good luck, u will be so happy u did this :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah, it definitely sounds like it's a good thing you had some prior experience with subs. Wasn't it you that mentioned your doctor had some previous issues with patient complaints? (sorry I didn't take time to check) The good news is that you know the drill, and you had a successful induction. Plus, the fact that he pointed out other areas of your mental health that could be causing you problems is great. Definitely follow up on that. Even if you choose not to treat it right now, you will have the info for later.

I wish we could guarantee that all doctors prescribing Suboxone would be as good as our Dr. Junig. Wouldn't the world be a much better place for us addicts if that were the case? I would suggest to build up your stockpile as much as possible and stay on the waiting list for a better doctor, just in case. Sometimes we just have to work with what we have, and I think you have enough information from your own research to make this guy work for you for now.

I'm just glad you got started with him and now have a legitimate prescription. :D All in all, your post was good news.

Q

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good Morning SLB

Just a check in to see how you are doing? It's been about a week since you started the sub, what dose did you settle on (it's fine to say Not my business LOL)?

Hope you are doing well!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:10 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks qhorse! That is kind of you.

I have some patients who take issue with me though, to be honest. Usually the problem boils down to communication... for example, right now I have 2 patients who are angry that I won't prescribe buprenorphine. But the reason is because they are covered by Medicaid, which covers Suboxone film for a $3 copay. Medicaid gets angry at docs who prescribe buprenorphine for cash, in patients who are fully covered for Suboxone film. From the patients' perspective, it isn't fair that other people can get buprenorphine and they can't. But I didn't make the rules... and I don't have any choice in the process.

Just wandering by...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:52 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey guys! Sorry I've had a lot going on, my 2 yr old has been in the hospital and stuff (doing much better now though) anyways, I feel GREAT. I haven't felt this clear headed and comfortable in my skin in years! Even when I was buying subs on the street I felt guilt and shame!! For now I've settled on a dose of 4 MG in the morning and 4 MG around dinner time. I have arthritis & scoliosis, but my main problem is back pain and wagging a 2 yr old and 1 yr old around all day only adds to the problem, although I don't feel sick or wd at all during the day the 4 MG in the evening helps My back get by to kiddos bedtime. I'm looking into physical therapy and things to help with that as I would like to eventually dose only once a day, but don't see the point in suffering all night when I'm still taking less than prescribed dose. The only problem I'm having I'd sleeping, which I've always had problems with and usually take lorazepam on the nights it's the worst, however, I forgot to mention to my Dr that I was taking it because he asked if I took and narcotics, and it just slipped my mind that my sleeping pill was a narcotic until 2 days after my appointment. I called the Dr to see if I could get my refill filled (only ten a month) and the secretary woman told me no, that I couldn't. I asked if the Dr could call me in anything for sleep and she said no he you can't call stuff like that in that I would have to wait until my next appt and he could write Me something then, (which I don't understand and my prescribing Dr for lorazepam called it in) and my sub Dr told me if I had any problems with my antidepressants or any Thing else to call and we would get it worked out and something called in if I needed it. But guess I'll be waiting lol. All in all I'm great minus the going on 49 hours with no sleep! Thanks for all the support!!!