It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: 1st Sober New Years Eve
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:54 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Happy New Years everyone. This is going to be my (and maybe some of you) first sober New Years Eve since I starting partying when I was 14. Its going to be weird not getting messed up, but worth it.

Everyone have a good New Year, and stay clean stay strong....Thanks for this forum, suboxone, and my new clean/sober life! Take care all! Thanks again!

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." ---Salvador Dali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Happy New Year to you also!!! Isn't it wonderful that we are alive and have our lives back? Man Im so grateful for the opportunity to be on suboxone, and I can't forget my wonderful doctor either!! Everyone embrace today and have a clean and sober night!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:43 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thanks! Well said!!! I am very grateful for so many things, and now I can appreciate it all! Best of luck...

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:08 pm 
Thanks for the Happy New Year wishes and I wish them back at you all!! This time last year I was still trying so hard to make it with abstinence-based recovery. Everyday I felt like I woke up in quick sand and everyday I felt like I was fighting to swim out of it! I tried, I worked the program that was recommended/dictated to me. I wanted to be clean. I wanted my life back. I wanted to feel okay. I wasn't even asking to feel good, just okay. Not like every minute of every day was a struggle. The last part of 2008 sucked so bad for me. The first half of 2009 actually sucked even worse!! Finally in July of 2009, I found a wonderful doctor and got started on Suboxone and my life has gotten nothing but better ever since! I still have a long way to go, but I'm grateful for this medication. It has allowed me to work on the things in my life that led to my addiction in the first place. I miss opiates less and less every day. They and the 'high' they brought are becoming more and more a distant memory. Suboxone has helped make this happen and I'm grateful for it!
Happy to be home, safe and warm with no worries this New Years Eve!! And looking forward to 2010 being a much better year than I've had in a long time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:39 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

setmefree

That must have been really difficult! Without suboxone this year I know exactly what I would be doing. I would have never made it as far as you did without!! I have had BRIEF moments inbetween scripts of 'sobriety' but not a whole half year (if that is correct from what I read) like you did! Good for you! I am sure it must have been a VERY VERY long and frustrating time!!
I just know that I would have been with some of my old friends and/or ex's and 'popped them pills', but this year I just thought about it. No cravings really. I mean I was remembering a few past new years and the chemicals the I injested compared to now. It can be scary to think about! But I wasn't jonesing. Thanks to suboxone and some hard work, it seems like this is going to be a better year than the last 10. I hope its a great year for you and everyone else as well!!! Thank You,

Happy New Year!